Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Military size should be reduced?
Yes 26 63.41%
No 15 36.59%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2013, 03:57 PM #106
ripdisc

ripdisc supports Cereal Killerz 2
ripdisc helped look for balloons
ripdisc is playing at Living Legends VII
ripdisc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
those numbers seem way off...when were they from? North Dakota and wyoming are making tons of money and have been topping the lists of states who are run well "Based on a review of data on financial health, standard of living and government services by state" most of the rural states are towards the better run end of things.
"California is the worst run for the second year in a row."
from 24/7 wall street
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-be...150415625.html
talking about spending and only looking at welfare statistics...I don't know why?

The Ripdisc Collection
ripdisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2013, 11:09 PM #107
BenderBR
1%ing on you *****es

Absolutely not and anyone who has studied american military history would understand why. We habitually would reduce and gut our military after each war up to WW2 and each time, would enter a new one with a incredibly inept, poorly equipped, poorly trained military. You can't reduce funding and manpower and hope to maintain readiness. I'm not saying cuts can't be made, but significant ones no.

"Originally posted by Kellster: Crow takes so good. Om nom nom."

Never miss a good opportunity to shut up.

Texas über alles.
BenderBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:32 AM #108
scienceguy

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdisc View Post
those numbers seem way off...when were they from? North Dakota and wyoming are making tons of money and have been topping the lists of states who are run well "Based on a review of data on financial health, standard of living and government services by state" most of the rural states are towards the better run end of things.
"California is the worst run for the second year in a row."
from 24/7 wall street
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-be...150415625.html
talking about spending and only looking at welfare statistics...I don't know why?
You're not wrong about Cal, but How much money they get from the Fed relative to what the Fed collects and how they manage the money they have are 2 different things.
scienceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:23 AM #109
jsgnado1996
jsg_nado

jsgnado1996 plays in the APPA D5 division
jsgnado1996 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The size of the military should remain stagnant at this point, but we should shift more bullets to peacetime operations and development.
GOGO13 #11
Proudly sponsored by Almost Famous Paintball, gogged paintball, KM, Anthrax, and Camp Pendleton Paintball
#AFPLRULES
jsgnado1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:26 PM #110
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenderBR View Post
Absolutely not and anyone who has studied american military history would understand why. We habitually would reduce and gut our military after each war up to WW2 and each time, would enter a new one with a incredibly inept, poorly equipped, poorly trained military. You can't reduce funding and manpower and hope to maintain readiness. I'm not saying cuts can't be made, but significant ones no.
So you think we should maintain our current pace of ~50% of the worlds defense spending?
Old 02-24-2013, 06:13 PM #111
brodech2

I'm currently waiting to hear back from the National Headquarters about an enrollment allocation for an Air Force Officer slot, and the amount of officers that the Air Force wants has decreased dramatically, making these slots far more competitive. If you go back a decade or more, you'll see that they were accepting just about anyone with two arms and two legs. My 2 cents.
brodech2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:26 AM #112
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Cool story.

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote