Community Focus

Old 02-24-2013, 12:48 PM #1
cojo95

Annual Supporting Member
cojo95 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
cojo95 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
cojo95 supports DLX Technology
A couple of bad problems

So my 2.0 had been working fine up until today, then I ran into several huge problems. So when I took it out to chrono it, the gun just started puffing and half cycling. I was running FSDO at stock and dwell at 14. So I reset everything to stock, and nope still same problem. Then I removed the grips, set my manifold to flush, and started turning it as I was shooting, nope, still puffing and half cycling.

Turns out, it is venting from the FT with every shot... and sure enough, the head of the FT screw is completely snapped off. All that remains is the tiny black o ring and the physical screw part.

I am wondering if anyone has any tips to get the FT screw out in the mean time before I call DLX.

Thanks in advance.

Update: So after a complete rebuild on my 2.0 core, I could get it to work somewhat. The first 5 shots or so it would half cycle and the paint would just plop out, then I could get a solid stream, but if I stopped, it would restart the process. Tried to get the bolt to cycle consistently without paint and it was just puffing/half-cycling. The FT screw venting doesn't really bother me, as it just vents out the back when the grips are on (which I understand is normal). However, my spring is somewhat bent, how much of an effect would this have?

Last edited by cojo95 : 02-24-2013 at 03:01 PM.
cojo95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:09 PM #2
icygrip
^rs

Annual Supporting Member
icygrip plays in the APPA D5 division
icygrip has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
icygrip has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
icygrip has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The bolt puffing could be the back oring in the cap. And for getting the screw out they told me to find an Allen key put lock tight in the opening and let it dry. Once it drys you should be able to unscrew it.
icygrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:03 PM #3
cojo95

Annual Supporting Member
cojo95 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
cojo95 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
cojo95 supports DLX Technology
got the FT screw out with an o-ring pick (dentist pick) and it shoots flawlessly now.