Annual Supporting Member
AndyAllen019 is a Moderator
AndyAllen019 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
AndyAllen019 supports our troops
AndyAllen019 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMR4LIFE View Post
garon has always sucked for the bolts. i hate him. it's an automatic loss when he starts.
Lol I had the opposite thought when he would start for Columbus. He played well, but of course the lack of defense didn't help.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2013, 11:11 PM #1976
weso98
FTB

Dear chicago. You have played 17 games,and while your record is impressive your all running around like you've won the Stanley cup. Wake up.

CanucksBandwagoner
Old 02-23-2013, 12:45 AM #1977
Nerve06
Just a City Boy

-^Just got back from the game. While the bandwagon fans may be sucking on the teet of history, the team and organization for the most part very nonchalantly brushed it off as being, "nice, but on to the next one." There wasn't even an announcement at the game about the record, other than the CSN reporter hyping it up while talking to Saad at the end of the game.

-Hawks streak will likely end with St. Louis, that's just my personal opinion. If the Blues don't get us, then, well I'd expect the streak to extended another five games from here, instead of three.

-Shaw will probably get at least looked at for a suspension, that hit at the end was ****ing unnecessary and dangerous. That, and he was just being too much of an asshat for my own personal liking for the last five minutes of the game, play ****ing hockey and shut your mouth. Whoever hopped off the bench from SJ should also get looked at for suspension or fine.

-Bolland is out with a lower body injury, day to day, kind of sucks. But his line got absolutely ****-housed by the Thornton line tonight until Q got his head out of his ***.

-How bout "dat Sadd'er fella." Totally grooving on the Saad bandwagon, kid is the future, along with Leddy.

-Still not jumping on the goalie bandwagon. Yeah, stats don't lie, but until there's a real pressure cooker situation like the playoffs, we have no idea how suited we are to making a run with them. Crow completely ****ing melted down last spring, and it sucked.

-My thoughts on the Hansen hit: I'm not sure he intended to hurt Hossa, but he definitely switched from grabbing the puck to elbowing the back of his head mid air, that would appear that there was some intent to injure. I'll take the one game, but feel like he should have gotten two. On Hall: Not sure that hit deserved two, but what the **** ever to Shana-ban's logic.

Highlight of the night: My girlfriend was with me at the game tonight (as she usually is), and this conversation begins:

Drunk Girl in Bar: (Whole game up to the 3rd, dancing around in bar, or shrieking about "HISTORYYYYYY! will be MADEEEE GUISE!")
Drunk Girl in Bar: Who are these old guys on the jumbotron? Ew. (Pointing and making grossed out face)
Drunk Girl in Bar: Why is everyone cheering for them?
Girlfriend: Three of the greatest Hawks ever: Mikita, Hull, and Savard, now hush.

I've trained her so well. Such a proud moment.

Last edited by Nerve06 : 02-23-2013 at 12:56 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:47 AM #1978
weso98
FTB

I'm cheering for Columbus.

CanucksBandwagoner
Old 02-23-2013, 12:56 AM #1979
Nerve06
Just a City Boy

^Stranger things have happened. Wouldn't surprise me, nor would I really care. They need to lose eventually.

I see the Canuckleheads won tonight, attempting to keep pace huh?

Last edited by Nerve06 : 02-23-2013 at 12:59 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:03 AM #1980
dyepntmaster

dyepntmaster plays in the PSP
dyepntmaster helped look for balloons
dyepntmaster plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerve06 View Post
^Just got back from the game. While the bandwagon fans may be sucking on the teet of history, the team and organization for the most part very nonchalantly brushed it off as being, "nice, but on to the next one." There wasn't even an announcement at the game about the record, other than the CSN reporter hyping it up while talking to Saad at the end of the game.

Hawks streak will likely end with St. Louis, that's just my personal opinion. If the Blues don't get us, then, well I'd expect the streak to extended another five games from here, instead of three.

Shaw will probably get at least looked at for a suspension, that hit at the end was ****ing unnecessary and dangerous. That, and he was just being too much of an asshat for my own personal liking for the last five minutes of the game, play ****ing hockey and shut your mouth. Whoever hopped off the bench from SJ should also get looked at for suspension or fine.

Bolland is out with a lower body injury, day to day, kind of sucks. But his line got absolutely ****-housed by the Thornton line tonight until Q got his head out of his ***.

Still not jumping on the goalie bandwagon. Yeah, stats don't lie, but until there's a real pressure cooker situation like the playoffs, we have no idea how suited we are to making a run with them. Crow completely ****ing melted down last spring, and it sucked.

My thoughts on the Hansen hit: I'm not sure he intended to hurt Hossa, but he definitely switched from grabbing the puck to elbowing the back of his head mid air, that would appear that there was some intent to injure. I'll take the one game, but feel like he should have gotten two. On Hall: Not sure that hit deserved two, but what the **** ever to Shana-ban's logic.
. To pretty much all of this with a few exceptions.

What game scares me the most is the Oilers. For some reason or another the Hawks seem to struggle with the Oil. The games also on the back end of a back to back, with it being the 3rd game in 4 nights. Also with them being lower in the standings and still having alot of firepower, it could be a trap game.

I really love Shaw, but he needs to calm the **** down. I mean, I love that he plays the game with raw emotion but if he dosent chill, hes gonna be spending alot of games watching from the press box. I think he was already suspended twice this year during the lockout while he was in the AHL? Funny enough one of them was because he jumped the bench to fight someone. (I think he got 5 for that?)

Meh, I dont really think Crow broke down last season, hes catching alot of flack for two bad goals that he let up. Other than that, he was pretty outstanding in the playoffs last year. Yes those goals were extremely untimely and goals you cant give up. I have faith in Crawford between the pipes, the verdict is still out on Emery.

But yeah idk how you can say the Hawks are acting like they won a cup. Not one player made a big deal out of it. Just a dumb statement. Obviously there are some bandwagon fans that are going to go nuts, every fan base has em. But to be fair breaking an NHL record is kind of a big deal. Especially when every other team whos had that record finished the season taking home Lord Stanley
Old 02-23-2013, 01:09 AM #1981
Nerve06
Just a City Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyepntmaster View Post
But yeah idk how you can say the Hawks are acting like they won a cup. Not one player made a big deal out of it. Just a dumb statement. Obviously there are some bandwagon fans that are going to go nuts, every fan base has em. But to be fair breaking an NHL record is kind of a big deal. Especially when every other team whos had that record finished the season taking home Lord Stanley
This. I feel like we have a right to be pumped about it as fans, and the team can linger on it until Sunday's game, but other than that, it's just a footnote. It can be a footnote that we look back as a "wow, remember when that happened, what the **** happened to this season" or we could look back on it as "wow, the team lived up to the hype." All in all, the steak is undue pressure, they do need to lose eventually, I just hope it doesn't cause a meltdown where we lose a bunch like last year, or Q hits the line generator button and ****s with everything per usual.

Also, not to play into the hype, but the team with the record, and the two teams sitting 2 and 3 on that list all ended up with Lord Stanley... just sayin'...

And yeah, Shaw had the whole goalie run in suspension, the jumping off the bench in the line brawl in Rockford suspension, and a few other run ins with the law recently. Found the video, watch at the 0:52 mark for epic Shaw entrance.

Also, while Shaw is a ****ing meathead, how ****ing dumb does Brookbank look in that video? **** I hate that piece of ****, he's useless. Piss poor excuse for a hockey player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Burrows View Post
show me one national analyst who said there was intent and i'll give you an ounce of credibility
Barry Melrose said there was intent to injure on Sportscenter, based on the argument that INITIALLY both Hossa and Hansen extend their arms to reach for the puck, however as Hossa continues to have an extended arm with palm open, Hansen closes his palm, tucked his arm, and extends his eblow into the back of Hossa's head. He suggested 2 games.

I can't find video, or quotes, but I can guarantee you that I watched it on repeat for two hours worth of SC on Tuesday night.

Last edited by Nerve06 : 02-23-2013 at 01:39 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:56 AM #1982
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by weso98 View Post
Dear chicago. You have played 17 games,and while your record is impressive your all running around like you've won the Stanley cup. Wake up.
what do you knew about winning a cup?
Old 02-23-2013, 08:22 AM #1983
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D4 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post

what do you knew about winning a cup?
What do you know about THE KOVALCHUK ARMY?

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:01 AM #1984
Hobbes The Tiger
Big Gulps, huh?

Annual Supporting Member
Hobbes The Tiger is a Moderator
Hobbes The Tiger is BST Trusted
Hobbes The Tiger is a Paintball photographer
Hobbes The Tiger is playing at Living Legends VII
Hobbes The Tiger supports our troops
Hobbes The Tiger is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuik View Post

What do you know about THE KOVALCHUK ARMY?
He hasn't won a Cup either.

Follow PbNation: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

@DABPhoto: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Old 02-23-2013, 12:07 PM #1985
Alex Burrows
The 1% In Training

Melrose... :/

But ill give it to ya that ya found a source

Don't think Hawks should be scared of oilers unless goaltending falters, really surprised with Emery although I haven't watched many games outside of the Canuck matchups
Old 02-23-2013, 12:13 PM #1986
Hobbes The Tiger
Big Gulps, huh?

Annual Supporting Member
Oilers ran a train on Chicago last season, but their goalie situation wasn't much of a help either. Emery made some terrific saves last night.

I'm putting my TWD on Detroit ending Chicago's streak.

Last edited by Hobbes The Tiger : 02-23-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:25 PM #1987
dyepntmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerve06 View Post

Barry Melrose said there was intent to injure on Sportscenter, based on the argument that INITIALLY both Hossa and Hansen extend their arms to reach for the puck, however as Hossa continues to have an extended arm with palm open, Hansen closes his palm, tucked his arm, and extends his eblow into the back of Hossa's head. He suggested 2 games.

I can't find video, or quotes, but I can guarantee you that I watched it on repeat for two hours worth of SC on Tuesday night.
Not really worth it to get into that argument with him. But just my personal opinion, i think everyone has a skewed view of 'intent'. I dont know how one can suggest he diddn't 'intend' to do that, when, as you said, he changes from an open palm to a closed palm, and drives into the back of Hossas head AFTER Hossa made contact with the puck.

Also AV suggesting that wasnt even penalty worthy is laughable. Wouldnt expect less from the guy behind the Nucks bench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes The Tiger View Post
Oilers ran a train on Chicago last season, but their goalie situation wasn't much of a help either. Emery made some terrific saves last night.

Dont get it, but the Oilers just seem to have the Hawks number. We'll see though. I really hope the Hawks dont overlook Columbus though. I'd hate to see the streak end at home to the Blue Jackets...
Old 02-23-2013, 12:29 PM #1988
Hobbes The Tiger
Big Gulps, huh?

Annual Supporting Member
If that happens, you might as well call your season over

Old 02-23-2013, 12:36 PM #1989
PMR4LIFE
idk

PMR4LIFE helped look for balloons
PMR4LIFE is reppin' sidebar 4 life
PMR4LIFE has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PMR4LIFE has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
PMR4LIFE is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
malkin is out. now we just need the same to happen to crosby
Hobbes The Tiger: "Touch ourselves? Experiment with our sexuality? Duct tape DMC to the ceiling? Make PMR burn his Stamkos spank bank? Make demonic look at Kovy pr0nz? Make Burrows live in a house that's under 200k?"
New York Yankees Pittsburgh Steelers Tampa Bay Lightning UCF Knights
:daveface:
Old 02-23-2013, 12:40 PM #1990
dyepntmaster

I thought if i pick up a player before their game locks, I could use them for tn? weak...
Old 02-23-2013, 12:46 PM #1991
Hobbes The Tiger
Big Gulps, huh?

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyepntmaster View Post
I thought if i pick up a player before their game locks, I could use them for tn? weak...
I don't like how close our match up is. I must end you tonight.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:52 PM #1992
PMR4LIFE
idk

lol i just found this again
http://www.crossingbroad.com/2012/04...h-a-*****.html
Hobbes The Tiger: "Touch ourselves? Experiment with our sexuality? Duct tape DMC to the ceiling? Make PMR burn his Stamkos spank bank? Make demonic look at Kovy pr0nz? Make Burrows live in a house that's under 200k?"
Old 02-23-2013, 01:01 PM #1993
PMRjim876
Matts Outback

PMRjim876 is an NCPA player
Haha I forgot about that article
Penn State University Paintball #13

TNN Crew NYPL 2010 http://www.mattsoutback.com
Old 02-23-2013, 01:06 PM #1994
PMR4LIFE
idk

lol hedberg
Old 02-23-2013, 01:07 PM #1995
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

I am raping in fantasy this week.

And I'm actually in chicago right now. It's been awesome. Got the whole day to do whatever I want.

Also, LOL at zell because he ordered something for his gf, (which just so happens to be a Wings jersey) and he had it shipped to my place on ebay. Meaning he sent me of all people, a wings jersey.

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.
Closed Thread