PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-09-2013, 09:18 PM #1
atlanta88
stock class

Best way to keep paint

I play pump so when I buy a case of paint it lasts me a good month and a bit of play I was just wondering what the best way to keep paint as fresh as possible and relatively dimple free what I do now is press all the air out of the bags and put those little silica packets you get in shoe boxes I steal from kohls lol
Our Phather, who art in Oregon,hallowed be thy name. The game shall be won, by your perfect gun in the woods as it is indoors. Give us this day our Nelson valvetrains. And forgive us our autotriggering, as we forgive those who autotrigger against us. And lead us not into semiautos, but deliver us from electros. For thine is the 12 gram, the 10 round tube, and the pump action, for ever and ever. Amen.
atlanta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2013, 12:29 AM #2
WreckBalla
SD

WreckBalla is playing at Living Legends VI
WreckBalla has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WreckBalla has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WreckBalla supports DLX Technology
Great advice! Never thought about the air in the bag aging the paint faster, but hey ill have to try that one. Also when i have extra paint leftover i just make sure to "rotate" each bag of paint at least 1-2 times a week. By rotate i mean just flip the bag over to a different side than the side that it was previously sitting on, to prevent the paint inside the shell from going solid in one spot or whatever.
LIFE STYLE ,You air up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. Paintball....
WreckBalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:54 AM #3
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
I think the key is really where you're keeping your paint. A room with lower humidity and as little temperature fluctuation as possible. Coolers with a little foam in them work well.

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:36 AM #4
JELLO78

has been a member for 10 years
i rotate my paint in the original box and bag that it came in and everyday when i go down to my basement i turn the box over one step on the stairs everyday until it hits the floor then i start all the way up to the top of the stairs and do it again. hope this helps
Old 01-10-2013, 09:11 PM #5
atlanta88
stock class

Thanks guys I'm sick of a fresh case going bad because of my rationing to save money
Our Phather, who art in Oregon,hallowed be thy name. The game shall be won, by your perfect gun in the woods as it is indoors. Give us this day our Nelson valvetrains. And forgive us our autotriggering, as we forgive those who autotrigger against us. And lead us not into semiautos, but deliver us from electros. For thine is the 12 gram, the 10 round tube, and the pump action, for ever and ever. Amen.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:20 AM #6
major_duckn_cover
¿por qué no Zoidberg?

I light an candle on the alter of the paintball gods and pray that my paint will never dimple and always fly straight and I rotate it twice a week.
major_duckn_cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:59 PM #7
pballer0303
shreddin the gnar

pballer0303 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If I have a bunch of paint I plan to shoot in the near future (as in it wont sit all winter), I fill my pods ~1/3 full, and put those in a box. I put the box on my stairs and rotate it 90* and move it down a stair (usually pushing it with my foot when I get up every morning). This keeps it fresh, un dimpled, and in a dark, temp controlled enviornment.

If I plan to keep it for several months I put 9 balls in a 10 rnd tube, then into the box and on the stairs.
pballer0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:53 PM #8
Milkstache

Milkstache is for the Gunfight
I keep it in a closet and I lay the bags out flat on something cushioned (bed sheets, pillows, suitcase) so none of the balls are on top of each other and then I rotate the bags every couple of days.
Milkstache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:33 PM #9
WreckBalla
SD

WreckBalla is playing at Living Legends VI
WreckBalla has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WreckBalla has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WreckBalla supports DLX Technology
IN THE FREEEZER!
jk
LIFE STYLE ,You air up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. Paintball....
WreckBalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:34 PM #10
FalconPunchKid
St. Louis Hustle

Annual Supporting Member
FalconPunchKid is BST Legit
FalconPunchKid is playing at Living Legends VII
FalconPunchKid owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
FalconPunchKid plays in the APPA D4 division
FalconPunchKid supports DLX Technology
FalconPunchKid supports Empire
Rotate them some what frequently.

Anthony Antle
FalconPunchKid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:02 PM #11
atlanta88
stock class

Ok guys I think I have come up with the best way to store paint for long periods of time it involves a lot of your Guys ways I will be posting pics soon or maybe a vid on YouTube I have been testing this for about two months and u haven't had a dimple or a bag break yet
Old 02-22-2013, 11:52 AM #12
CwFritz17

CwFritz17 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CwFritz17 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CwFritz17 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Great question and a lot of great ideas!
CwFritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote