PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-22-2013, 07:15 AM #1
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
KYhillbilly has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SP8 without reg or bottomline

I just got a used SP8 cheap. The guy who had it before ran C02 by taking off the bottomline and regulator and running a remote line straight. I dont have the reg or bottomline now and was wondering can I still adjust velocity and will gun work ok on HPA now.

Also is the ION oring kit the same? I need rebuild the orings.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2013, 07:40 AM #2
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!

Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y plays in the APPA D4 division
o5pr3y has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
I'm 99% sure it's the same internals. I know quite a few markers came out in that platform.

How was he running co2? I understand remote lines help filter out the liquid co2 before it hits the marker, but having it go at full force into the solenoid sounds like it would destory your gun.

Regardless, yes you need a reg. Something has to regulate the air pressure before it goes into your gun.

NORCAL CLASSIC#09
ANSgear / Zephyr / 31st Outfitters / Cutting Edge Paintball Shop / Santa Clara Paintball / American Paintball Park

Dangerous Power Rev-I // PM6 // Angel Speed 05 FST
Box O' Timmy parts!
"To kill for yourself is Murder, to kill for your country is Heroic, to kill for entertainment is Harmless"
o5pr3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:36 PM #3
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
KYhillbilly has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bad news is the gun is missing some parts. Good news it has the stealth barrel and shroud which seem to be in some demand. So I cant complain too much. I paid 135 for the SP8, A5, generic pod harness, 2 20co2 tanks

I may try and get parts for it and see if its salvageable and if not at least sell it for parts, the barrel and shroud and the remote line that came with it.

Last edited by KYhillbilly : 02-22-2013 at 10:52 PM.
KYhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:20 AM #4
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
A miasing reg isnt an issuevas its easy to replace.. Its the same reg that is on an ion (all the sp8 really is is an ion dressed up for milsim) and.regs can be found here.in bst for 10/15 bucks or so.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
NoX13 is online now   Reply With Quote