Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-19-2013, 08:13 PM #1
BIGT89

question about subs and car alarms

hello. i just have a question please dont give me any stupid remarks. i finally decided to get subs instead of talking about it for awhile. lately since i been asking around i hear different people saying there subs hit so hard they can set off car alarms. went to my local car shop i know the owner and he hooked me up with a kicker combo. 2 12" kicker subs and, a ported box. said it should set off car alarms. i have been riding aroudn parking lots malls etc today. after hearing all this you can set car alarms off i dotn believe anything unless i see it so i turned my radio and bass all the way up and did not set off 1 alarm even cars parked next to me. do peopel exagerate about this or can it really be done? im also running them on a 1000 watt alpine amp. in a 2006 trailblazer. they have it way in the back subs facing outwards on the floor were luggage would go. i would appreciate it. i know this may sound immature to some people why woudl you wanna set of car alarms etc. but i just wanna some fun messing around with it. new toy i wanna play with, and i want to see if it really can be done.
BIGT89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2013, 08:18 PM #2
toolbandfan
The dude abides

toolbandfan is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
toolbandfan is playing at Living Legends VII
A+.
toolbandfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:21 AM #3
Headbanger
BANG YOUR HEAD!!!

Headbanger plays in the APPA beginner division
Cool story bro

(the car alarms generally need a shock sensor for that to happen)
Old 02-21-2013, 09:22 AM #4
Alan777
Tree Fitty

Ha
1994 BMW 325is
2013 Subaru Impreza Sport
Alan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:28 PM #5
RBR321
I'll bring the pizzas.

RBR321 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RBR321 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RBR321 supports Team VICIOUS
RBR321 supports DLX Technology
If your speakers are louder than your exhaust you're doing it wrong. If either is loud enough to set off alarms on every car around you then you're a dick.
"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
'MURICA
RBR321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:34 PM #6
toolbandfan
The dude abides

toolbandfan is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
toolbandfan is playing at Living Legends VII
Did the other posts get reported? Did you expect serious answers to this OP?
toolbandfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:02 PM #7
teen
[]D [] []v[] []D

idk if 1000w will do it, especially in a prefab box. im at ~3600w and yea it sets off alarms no problem. some cars go off im still a good block to 2 blocks away. i live in the hood so i really dgaf lol.

i cant believe you actually told the guy in the stereo place you want something to set off car alarms. thats mad funny.

sorry for the serious answer
Old 02-21-2013, 10:39 PM #8
MrLittlerSmith
Should Be Doing Homework

MrLittlerSmith has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBR321 View Post
If your speakers are louder than your exhaust you're doing it wrong. If either is loud enough to set off alarms on every car around you then you're a dick.

"Originally posted by DB-1071: "Pump players are the first ones I shoot in open play rec-ball, those guys are sneaky bastards!!!"
MrLittlerSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:00 PM #9
A Contract Killer

A Contract Killer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBR321 View Post
This.

Seriously, whenever I see kids doing this **** part of me wants to kick a massive dent in their quarter panel. Does that make me a dick too? Probably, but there is no reason to be that obnoxious in public.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:24 AM #10
Tunnel VZN

Just posting so my pm gets enabled. Cool story though
Tunnel VZN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:12 AM #11
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D4 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGT89 View Post
hello. i just have a question please dont give me any stupid remarks. i finally decided to get subs instead of talking about it for awhile. lately since i been asking around i hear different people saying there subs hit so hard they can set off car alarms. went to my local car shop i know the owner and he hooked me up with a kicker combo. 2 12" kicker subs and, a ported box. said it should set off car alarms. i have been riding aroudn parking lots malls etc today. after hearing all this you can set car alarms off i dotn believe anything unless i see it so i turned my radio and bass all the way up and did not set off 1 alarm even cars parked next to me. do peopel exagerate about this or can it really be done? im also running them on a 1000 watt alpine amp. in a 2006 trailblazer. they have it way in the back subs facing outwards on the floor were luggage would go. i would appreciate it. i know this may sound immature to some people why woudl you wanna set of car alarms etc. but i just wanna some fun messing around with it. new toy i wanna play with, and i want to see if it really can be done.
Big T where in en jay are you from broseph?!

You need to hit parking garages ! And Ktu won't cut it , you need some dirty filthy beats to get the bass pumping.

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:25 AM #12
worrgames_slaya
PBN Support Tech

worrgames_slaya posts videos on PbNation
worrgames_slaya is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Way too many words placed closely together to read.

Good luck brah