Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2013, 03:05 PM #22
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND
 
2pipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston, TX
2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresfiend View Post
I'm not going to lie. The JT Splatmaster is pretty cool, but 20 feet away and I'm at 100% bounces with the KEE paint. 2 bounces off of my lens, 1 off of my kneecap, 2 off of my shoulder, and 2 off of my body (those weren't surprising). If it breaks, it hurts less, but if it doesn't break it hurts like when a cheap .68 ball does.

With GI paint the Splatmaster works just fine, but it's going to pull in more kids for outlaw ball than anything else.
Bounces do hurt more no doubt.

As for those that say paintballs don't hurt well that is bull! They do, but with the adrenaline flowing most who play don't feel it that much. With the juice people quit paintball. 2 examples I told my wife it didn't hurt so she said prove it and shoot me. Without adrenaline she hollered for 15 minutes. My son hiding in a bunker for woodsball got surprised and overshot ( now won't play). Funny if it doesn't hurt why quit?

Simply put they do hurt and should hurt a little (if you didn't feel it would you check)?
__________________
CUSTOM CARBON FIBER HOPPERS and GUNS SPIRES click below
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4040966
Luxe MOB

Ronnie Dixon fan club #30
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2013, 03:24 PM #23
ElJefe13
 
 
ElJefe13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Utah
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
The problem with .50 cal isn't the bounces, heck it isn't even always the price. It's the fact that 90% of fields are FPO, and they don't carry .50. I would definitely try .50 if my fields offered it, but it doesn't. If more field owners/scenario organizers would allow .43/.50 players to BYOP or provide it themselves, it would be much more popular.
ElJefe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:38 PM #24
mexi ca40k
Pump Playa
 
mexi ca40k's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: North Vancouver
mexi ca40k is playing at Living Legends V
mexi ca40k is for the Gunfight
mexi ca40k is for the Gunfight
mexi ca40k supports Pev's Paintball
mexi ca40k has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k is attending Decay of Nations VI
The other problem is that hardly any markers use it.
__________________
Pump play is the only way.
Half-Block Cocker
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...493&highlight=
mexi ca40k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:55 PM #25
ddr421
GIT-R-DONE
 
ddr421's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: houston
ddr421 supports Team VICIOUS
ddr421 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ddr421 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ddr421 supports DLX Technology
How can the OPer logically think forcing the guy in the back laning, who by the way helps the egotistical front players (like your self) get into the front by LANING from the back, improve his gun fighting skills.

I know and have seen mroe games WON by the back players than any other player becasue the front guy is always shot out, maybe yall front players should working on staying alive more.
__________________
DA LUXE MOBwith out a luxe!!
ddr421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:22 PM #26
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass
 
aresfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rice Lake, WI
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddr421 View Post
How can the OPer logically think forcing the guy in the back laning, who by the way helps the egotistical front players (like your self) get into the front by LANING from the back, improve his gun fighting skills.

I know and have seen mroe games WON by the back players than any other player becasue the front guy is always shot out, maybe yall front players should working on staying alive more.
I'm wondering if you've ever played a single game of paintball with players who aren't aggressive. You know, when instead of filling snake/dorito/center they just sit at the back the whole game.

Here's also the best part, I'm not actually a front player for most tourneys

That's right, I play back, usually back center. Surprising that a player can play all positions, right? Anyway, I'm pretty good in snake but my teammate that usually plays it is better. I do very much understand laning, but there's a point where no matter how much you lane you either have to move or get shot out of your bunker by the 5 on 1 that's happening because you didn't fill in for your teammate in snake because you aren't an aggressive enough player to get those angles that you need to hit someone.
__________________
You may call it fat, I call it bounce padding.
Dynamic broke meter (relevant when adding when trading): I got paid yesterday
EΔRL
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:22 PM #27
ddr421
GIT-R-DONE
 
ddr421's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: houston
ddr421 supports Team VICIOUS
ddr421 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ddr421 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ddr421 supports DLX Technology
well generally in REC games what seems to be what youre ranting about WHO GIVES A **** ITS FOR FUN!
__________________
DA LUXE MOBwith out a luxe!!
ddr421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:55 PM #28
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass
 
aresfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rice Lake, WI
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddr421 View Post
well generally in REC games what seems to be what youre ranting about WHO GIVES A **** ITS FOR FUN!
You have no idea how ****ing hard I just laughed.

There's this magical thing that tournament teams do called PRACTICE. While my personal team has had one (****ty) practice, I've led and participated in practices for other teams. You know, a practice where you work on skills, like playing aggressive. Where having fun isn't the priority as much as getting better.
__________________
You may call it fat, I call it bounce padding.
Dynamic broke meter (relevant when adding when trading): I got paid yesterday
EΔRL
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:19 AM #29
ddr421
GIT-R-DONE
 
ddr421's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: houston
ddr421 supports Team VICIOUS
ddr421 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ddr421 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ddr421 supports DLX Technology
....yeah im not even gonna say it, its too easy and dont wanna hurt your feelings
__________________
DA LUXE MOBwith out a luxe!!
ddr421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:26 AM #30
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass
 
aresfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rice Lake, WI
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddr421 View Post
....yeah im not even gonna say it, its too easy and dont wanna hurt your feelings
Or you're not able to admit that you're dead wrong because I really only mentioned tournament applicable situations aside from the woodsball reference...
__________________
You may call it fat, I call it bounce padding.
Dynamic broke meter (relevant when adding when trading): I got paid yesterday
EΔRL
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:19 PM #31
mexi ca40k
Pump Playa
 
mexi ca40k's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: North Vancouver
mexi ca40k is playing at Living Legends V
mexi ca40k is for the Gunfight
mexi ca40k is for the Gunfight
mexi ca40k supports Pev's Paintball
mexi ca40k has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k is attending Decay of Nations VI
terribly off topic, yet higly entertaining...
__________________
Pump play is the only way.
Half-Block Cocker
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...493&highlight=
mexi ca40k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:50 AM #32
Wicky
Gang Related Biatch
 
Wicky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NC
 has been a member for 10 years
If it ain't broke don't fix it....going .50 cal is stupid to me 100% if it hurts playing 68* go black airsoft, or cuddle with your pillow and beat off with your tears. I like technology advancements, they have single handedly ruined 2 generations of kids since the 80's by making them less self aware, more plugged in to electronics and basically afraid of their own shadows when it comes to real world talking to another OMGOSH human being...meh, I'll just text them and hide behind my cellphone. If 68 cal hurts your delicate lilly skin, go outside more instead of circle jerking call of duty with your pseudo buds online, and start doing some real man shiz like working, doing yard and house work, helping out local charities or building something, maybe you can get a callus on your hand for once and quit being a big overfed, underworked, bratty little douche clown. After you finally get some speck of grit in your blood, then go play 68 cal, and tell me if it's worth re-engineering, reconstructing, and remanufacturing an entire industry over your little "front man" duties so you can carry 1 less pod and your life will be sooooo000oo much more easy. NEWS FLASH!: the world doesn't revolve around you. Deal with it. End Rant.
__________________
Gang Related 2005
I unlocked the secret of the universe...

My feedback!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post17495542
Wicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:15 PM #33
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass
 
aresfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rice Lake, WI
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
If it ain't broke don't fix it....going .50 cal is stupid to me 100% if it hurts playing 68* go black airsoft, or cuddle with your pillow and beat off with your tears. I like technology advancements, they have single handedly ruined 2 generations of kids since the 80's by making them less self aware, more plugged in to electronics and basically afraid of their own shadows when it comes to real world talking to another OMGOSH human being...meh, I'll just text them and hide behind my cellphone. If 68 cal hurts your delicate lilly skin, go outside more instead of circle jerking call of duty with your pseudo buds online, and start doing some real man shiz like working, doing yard and house work, helping out local charities or building something, maybe you can get a callus on your hand for once and quit being a big overfed, underworked, bratty little douche clown. After you finally get some speck of grit in your blood, then go play 68 cal, and tell me if it's worth re-engineering, reconstructing, and remanufacturing an entire industry over your little "front man" duties so you can carry 1 less pod and your life will be sooooo000oo much more easy. NEWS FLASH!: the world doesn't revolve around you. Deal with it. End Rant.
Lol.

So what you're saying is that reloading less and carrying less pods into snake is not an advantage? Not really asking for an industry wide shift, and if you weren't so busy trying to prove to use how much of an idiot you are you would know that my entire point is that .50 ALONGSIDE .68 is much better. Also, another fun fact, had you read anything of this post you would know that I was asking where all of the .50 HATE came from, not "Why iznt .50 da **** nao cuz i kant taek gittin hit".

Still wondering where your rants on technology and your **** with call of duty came from... If it's directed at me I usually work 2-5 days a week at a paintball field for 6+ hours. I'm still thoroughly confused as to where your *****ing on technology even plays in to any of this?... Maybe some explanation instead of coming out as a raging asshat?
__________________
You may call it fat, I call it bounce padding.
Dynamic broke meter (relevant when adding when trading): I got paid yesterday
EΔRL
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:10 PM #34
Wicky
Gang Related Biatch
 
Wicky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NC
 has been a member for 10 years
hah

My rant on technology comes from little "front snake playing" center of attention, mommy buys my paint, punks like you. Along side 68* it has no place either. If you can't play 68*...go play airsoft. Period. It's not hate, switching and making **** more complicated for sake of you carrying an extra pod is ignorance. Re-tooling machines for spool valves, and barrels etc...that has to do with technology, basically you are saying a player either plays front, or they play mid or back...it shows your lack of understanding and experience in the sport. Like I said....you are not the center of the universe. I can play, back, mid, and front with no qualms about any of the position, no need for "extra paint" up front lol...that's ****ing hilarious. If I see a front guy shooting more than 1-2 pods up front I would boot him from my team for having serious accuracy issues. I've worked at paintball fields, I've worked as a tournament ref, and at a tech shop...when I was a kid...it gives you no validity in this argument sir. You need to quit worrying about trying to trend a fad for .50 cal paint and learn to play all positions correctly, then you will see the inadequacy in your argument, and realize the true ignorance of having two different caliber markers paint, paint marks, velocities etc...on a field. It's already bad enough little whiners like you caused a bps cap which has stiffled the game into a boring sup air version of woodsball. I bet you can't take a hit...and quite frankly, I don't want my girl playing paintball with me...I want to have a way to get away on a sunday and be on my own. So if it hurts...Oh ****ing well...she doesn't have to play. And the reason your kid doesn't play cause "it hurts" is because he shares your same wussy genes. Maybe you should just quit playing paintball and go play airsoft like I said...it seems more up your alley cool cat.
peace
__________________
Gang Related 2005
I unlocked the secret of the universe...

My feedback!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post17495542
Wicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:25 PM #35
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass
 
aresfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rice Lake, WI
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
My rant on technology comes from little "front snake playing" center of attention, mommy buys my paint, punks like you
I'm sorry that you think my mom who is struggling to make ends meet is buying paint for me to use my experience from what I have played in snake to point out a potential use for .50?....

Not really seeing where you're getting any of this from. You're using your assumptions of something to prove how ignorant you really are. Never said anything about switching .50, but you still won't read, so I can't really blame you. Had you actually read the posts you'd know I didn't once bring up how it hurts less being one of the major opportunities as well...

And since you brought up genes (albeit senselessly and you somehow think I have a problem with taking a hit from .68), which ones are making it so you can't think?
__________________
You may call it fat, I call it bounce padding.
Dynamic broke meter (relevant when adding when trading): I got paid yesterday
EΔRL

Last edited by aresfiend : 03-09-2013 at 07:28 PM.
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:18 PM #36
Wicky
Gang Related Biatch
 
Wicky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NC
 has been a member for 10 years
I don't agree with any of your statements about .50...Not just certain things. It has no place in the sport. That's my opinion based on experience and knowledge. I see your join date was last year...I've been playing for 18 years now total...that's in my genes. So, to again repeat what I have been saying since rant one....The hate is from people who don't see your point because it's a stupid point. The fact you have to ask the question in itself proves your ignorance as to "why all the hate guys" cause your point is stupid. Because the idea of .50 cal is stupid. Because you sound like a beginner trying to make a **** in the floor with no idea of what you are even ****ting on. I would prefer not play with people like you, I wish your types would go play airsoft...that's why I keep also saying, go play airsoft. Maybe you can get the airsoft guys to let you use your paintball gun in an airsoft battle and ya'll can all be good friends.
__________________
Gang Related 2005
I unlocked the secret of the universe...

My feedback!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post17495542
Wicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:23 PM #37
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass
 
aresfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rice Lake, WI
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
I don't agree with any of your statements about .50...Not just certain things. It has no place in the sport. That's my opinion based on experience and knowledge. I see your join date was last year...I've been playing for 18 years now total...that's in my genes. So, to again repeat what I have been saying since rant one....The hate is from people who don't see your point because it's a stupid point. The fact you have to ask the question in itself proves your ignorance as to "why all the hate guys" cause your point is stupid. Because the idea of .50 cal is stupid. Because you sound like a beginner trying to make a **** in the floor with no idea of what you are even ****ting on. I would prefer not play with people like you, I wish your types would go play airsoft...that's why I keep also saying, go play airsoft. Maybe you can get the airsoft guys to let you use your paintball gun in an airsoft battle and ya'll can all be good friends.
So, you think I'd fit perfectly with an airsoft crowd because you don't agree with my ideas and that by my join date it means I've only been playing since then (instead of in 2010 when I did start)?...

/Logic
__________________
You may call it fat, I call it bounce padding.
Dynamic broke meter (relevant when adding when trading): I got paid yesterday
EΔRL
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:29 PM #38
Wicky
Gang Related Biatch
 
Wicky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NC
 has been a member for 10 years
Yes. That's what I said. Why are you repeating it back to me???? I wrote the ****, I know what I wrote.
__________________
Gang Related 2005
I unlocked the secret of the universe...

My feedback!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post17495542
Wicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:35 PM #39
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass
 
aresfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rice Lake, WI
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
Yes. That's what I said. Why are you repeating it back to me???? I wrote the ****, I know what I wrote.
I'm just summarizing it. It's obvious that your logic is flawed. You've *****ed about saying how the world doesn't revolve around "me" even though you're only taking into account your views and trying to push them as the standard when it's obvious they're not.

So why don't you move along to the critical thinking you should have learned in kindergarten.
__________________
You may call it fat, I call it bounce padding.
Dynamic broke meter (relevant when adding when trading): I got paid yesterday
EΔRL
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:51 PM #40
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass
 
aresfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rice Lake, WI
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
I'm not closed minded little hombre, I just see a little deeper than you.
You're right, you do see a little bit deeper into your own *** by taking your own word as fact and then calling people retarded just because you don't agree.
__________________
You may call it fat, I call it bounce padding.
Dynamic broke meter (relevant when adding when trading): I got paid yesterday
EΔRL
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:13 PM #41
ElJefe13
 
 
ElJefe13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Utah
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
black airsoft
Is that when gangsters shoot at each other with full metal jacket instead of hollow points?

Seriously though, you need to calm down. I agree with the half stuff you say, but the way you're talking you just sound like an old crazy guy yelling at kids from his lawn down in Florida.
ElJefe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:17 PM #42
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass
 
aresfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rice Lake, WI
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJefe13 View Post
Seriously though, you need to calm down. I agree with the half stuff you say, but the way you're talking you just sound like an old crazy guy yelling at kids from his lawn down in Florida.
But those damn free thinking kids DO need to quit their physical activity on their skateboards that their parents bought and get a job so that they can work away during the daytime don't 'cha know.
__________________
You may call it fat, I call it bounce padding.
Dynamic broke meter (relevant when adding when trading): I got paid yesterday
EΔRL

Last edited by aresfiend : 03-09-2013 at 09:22 PM.
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump