PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 07:59 PM #778
BunkerNinja

BunkerNinja is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
sometimes its nice to slow down a bit and feel everything instead of it worming around. i have a tendancy to muscle bikes into doing what i want.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2013, 09:04 PM #779
xXinpayneXx
MW

Slow down... on the track... does not compute.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:30 PM #780
BunkerNinja

we cant all crash every time. im an adult with responsibilities
Old 02-20-2013, 10:50 PM #781
zoink
cats cats cats

zoink is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
ooooooh
Old 02-20-2013, 10:57 PM #782
zoink
cats cats cats

There are lots of great car channels on YouTube. What are your favorites for motorcycles?
Old 02-20-2013, 10:58 PM #783
xXinpayneXx
MW

Meh, well if putting around on a clapped out bike from the 90's in the novice group is your thing than good for you. But you don't have to ride on the ragged edge to go fast.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:14 PM #784
BunkerNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoink View Post
There are lots of great car channels on YouTube. What are your favorites for motorcycles?
shut your butt. it was a genuine question. for some reason there aren't any high quality motorcycle channels. rideapart is terrible compared to the rest of drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXinpayneXx View Post
Meh, well if putting around on a clapped out bike from the 90's in the novice group is your thing than good for you. But you don't have to ride on the ragged edge to go fast.
i didn't bring up the hawk, but i would ride one.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:52 AM #785
xXinpayneXx
MW

I'd ride one on the street for sure.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:18 AM #786
lowbudgethero
Boomer

I want to take the interceptor into the novice group, but I'm afraid I'd break something and the only way to get parts for one is to scour ebay or buy another bike.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:32 AM #787
automagwarrior

automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I subscribe to Motogp, fastbikesmag, MotoJournal (those crazy bastards from france) motorcyclenewsdotcom, sportbiketrackgear and luc1motorsports

i don't follow any of them really, just prefer to have cool **** show up when im on YT instead of a bunch of garbage
Old 02-21-2013, 10:29 AM #788
BunkerNinja

ill check them out
Old 02-21-2013, 11:22 AM #789
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

I'm going to harp on the sv650 one more time for whoever is looking for an economical track bike

Cheap to buy. Everything you can do to tinker with them, particularly suspension wise, is well documented. Fast enough to keep up except for maybe on big straights. Slow enough to force you to learn from your mistakes! Easy on tires. Plentiful parts availability. Handles great.

Oh, and fuel injection if you get one from 03 on up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXinpayneXx View Post
Get a older r6... Like, 01-04

Stupid cheap, some of the best handling bikes ever produced for the public, and they are still fast.
99-02 was notorious for the chassis flex you speak of. Yamaha strengthened everything significantly in '03 and gave it fuel injection.

03-05 is best for cheap R6 imo. 05 had inverted forks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoink View Post
Enduro alaska! Those guys win for cheeky and fun.

Is anyone using a tech spec or stomp grip type tank pad material? I think im going to try that out this year. The HT moto stuff looks nice. I like the colors.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."

Last edited by UglyDuckGizmo : 02-21-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:35 AM #790
BunkerNinja

sv is definitely on my short list
Old 02-21-2013, 11:46 AM #791
xXinpayneXx
MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckGizmo View Post
I'm going to harp on the sv650 one more time for whoever is looking for an economical track bike

Cheap to buy. Everything you can do to tinker with them, particularly suspension wise, is well documented. Fast enough to keep up except for maybe on big straights. Slow enough to force you to learn from your mistakes! Easy on tires. Plentiful parts availability. Handles great.

99-02 was notorious for the chassis flex you speak of. Yamaha strengthened everything significantly in '03 and gave it fuel injection.

Is anyone using a tech spec or stomp grip type tank pad material? I think im going to try that out this year. The HT moto stuff looks nice. I like the colors.
Yeah I was close with the years. I have a 05 R6 myself and it's pretty nice. The 02-04 with the standard forks however are considered by many to handle better. The 05 is just a tick faster.

So yes an 03 or 04 would be one of your best options for a super cheap bike. The only think with the 05 is since some of the parts are one year only like the forks they can be hard to find. Mine were just not right when I bought it (I've never crashed this bike before you say anything) I couldn't find decent priced forks so I just threw some on from a newer r6.

I had a 03 SV, and yeah it's a good bike. Just compared to the R6, cheaply made. Everything from the FI, to the frame, to suspension.

When I had it all set up it was money, but after I crashed it for the first time it was never really quite right after that, god knows I poured a stupid amount of money into that thing.

Last edited by xXinpayneXx : 02-21-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:23 PM #792
automagwarrior

automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckGizmo View Post

I had stomp grip on my FZ and I really liked it. I'm assuming this is a track only bike, but for my street fz it was especially nice when my gf was on the back.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:37 PM #793
xXinpayneXx
MW

I've had stomp grip on every bike i've owned except my newest FZ. I would defiantly recommend it.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:52 PM #794
zoink
cats cats cats

stomp grip is the ****, street or track.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:16 PM #795
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

I'm thinking about trying the ht moto stuff simply because of the pretty colors
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
Old 02-21-2013, 01:18 PM #796
cynicalrider
robert paulson

HT moto is heavily used and recommended in the stunt world. It's good ****.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:04 PM #797
binaryterror
Static?

binaryterror is a Supporting Member
ive never used them but they have always intrigued me... i can imagine it having quite a noticable effect when hanging way off

“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” – Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-22-2013, 09:35 AM #798
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

Basically I want it to help with initial braking all the way to the apex.

Closed Thread