PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-19-2013, 09:10 PM #1
BraWrRrr
Hizaa!

Luxe 2.0 vs GEO3

Looking to get back into paintball and was looking at these two high ends after some research. I can get a pretty good deal on a 2.0 for the same price as a GEO3 and was wondering between these two markers which will perform the better of the two in terms of smoothness, shot quality, quietness, etc.
BraWrRrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2013, 09:28 PM #2
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
There are literally hundreds of threads on these two markers, so your question should really have been already answered. But since you asked, the Luxe is a better performer than the geo 3 in terms of smoothness, shot quality, and quietness, although in my opinion the Geo 3 feels nicer in the hands. And the 2.0's usually go more than a Geo 3, so as long as the Luxe 2.0 isn't beat up, I'd go with that.
dps093 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:23 PM #3
tadams631

LUXE !!! Every eclipse owner is going to argue they are in the same bracket as the luxe and clone gt but they are not .. The luxe is butter smooth and is quiet, i played along side some geo 3 this weekend and they were louder and we shot them side by side and even the eclipse guys couldn't argue with the results.. The eclipse is a good workhorse for the field but it is not in the same categories as the luxe..
Old 02-20-2013, 01:01 PM #4
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

Quote:
Originally Posted by dps093 View Post
There are literally hundreds of threads on these two markers, so your question should really have been already answered. But since you asked, the Luxe is a better performer than the geo 3 in terms of smoothness, shot quality, and quietness, although in my opinion the Geo 3 feels nicer in the hands. And the 2.0's usually go more than a Geo 3, so as long as the Luxe 2.0 isn't beat up, I'd go with that.
^^^ What he said.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:12 PM #5
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadams631 View Post
LUXE !!! Every eclipse owner is going to argue they are in the same bracket as the luxe and clone gt but they are not .. The luxe is butter smooth and is quiet, i played along side some geo 3 this weekend and they were louder and we shot them side by side and even the eclipse guys couldn't argue with the results.. The eclipse is a good workhorse for the field but it is not in the same categories as the luxe..
Oh please, get over yourself... Maybe not same price bracket but same bracket as far as performers go, yes.

OP, what dps said is damn near spot on and how it is for me as well. Hold both, see what you like. Keep in mind though, the luxe will hold its value longer. So essentially you could buy your luxe at the geo 3 price. Use it for a bit, then trade it for a geo 3 if you don't like it.

1/1 Factory Acid wash green splashed luxe... Cheap.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4281337
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote