bienmendoza

bienmendoza owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
bienmendoza has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bienmendoza has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny138Von View Post
If you build it, they will come.
The VSB has spoken, get it done.

Look at SC Arena's--there's only a handful or two of guys maintaining the 2 fields and it's been running strong. Imagine with a full pledge staff like in HSP around the week on a air field. THAT WOULD BE BANANAS!

VSB
Ebay feed back: Search bienmendoza on Ebay.

bienmendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:13 PM #111
mike_paintball

mike_paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
WHHHere is bear!?!?!?
mike_paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:50 AM #112
enoryt

Please bring back HSP airball. It's where I first started practicing and really loved the community. I have so many memories, if you build it, I personally promise to help market the crap out of it and bring players back! It's the only location close to OC and LA and is literally in between my work. Had an awesome pump community and I really think if you brought it back, especially with the economy picking back up, it'll be great!
Old 02-20-2013, 01:09 AM #113
enoryt

Just to add a bit now, why not make speedball / airball BYOP and Walk on / rec Field paint only. I understand you're trying to run a business, but to be quite honest, most tournament ballers and consistent players are frugal when it comes to spending. Field paint only really hurts your tournament players, but I really do believe friendly tournament players/veterans are the players that "advertise" with there presence alone. I remember playing on those fields, getting worked, which really fueled my passion in paintball and made me want to play hard to be accepted among the regulars.

I think your yearly membership was a good idea, but I think instead of having a one time fee (keep in mind the last time I went was 4 years ago, it could have changed) make it a month to month membership which would help bring costs down for younger players. The best part about memberships are that even if they don't come to play that month, they still have it going. I would imagine it would be something like $45 per month, which seems reasonable to me, I think when I was playing it was 300+ for the yearly fee. I think you did the incentive for recruiting more members and I think that's the best way to really build your community. Let me know what you think!
Old 02-20-2013, 01:59 AM #114
Dye_25

Quote:
Originally Posted by enoryt View Post
Just to add a bit now, why not make speedball / airball BYOP and Walk on / rec Field paint only. I understand you're trying to run a business, but to be quite honest, most tournament ballers and consistent players are frugal when it comes to spending. Field paint only really hurts your tournament players, but I really do believe friendly tournament players/veterans are the players that "advertise" with there presence alone. I remember playing on those fields, getting worked, which really fueled my passion in paintball and made me want to play hard to be accepted among the regulars.

I think your yearly membership was a good idea, but I think instead of having a one time fee (keep in mind the last time I went was 4 years ago, it could have changed) make it a month to month membership which would help bring costs down for younger players. The best part about memberships are that even if they don't come to play that month, they still have it going. I would imagine it would be something like $45 per month, which seems reasonable to me, I think when I was playing it was 300+ for the yearly fee. I think you did the incentive for recruiting more members and I think that's the best way to really build your community. Let me know what you think!
This. 100%
Dye_25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:16 AM #115
PBFR33K187
paint<3ball

PBFR33K187 plays in the APPA D4 division
PBFR33K187 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
^
PBFR33K187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:56 AM #116
mikerubin99

mikerubin99 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBussard View Post
Your grammar aside, I feel I have to reply to this. Just a forewarning, this review is going to be all over the place. I'm not exactly writing this in order; just writing what comes to mind. I'm not saying this review is from recent days.I haven't played at HSP since all of this happened. When your parks opened, they were the best parks ran and best looking parks in the world. I mean, heck, you had helicopters! Your staff was there to bring people into the sport of paintball and they liked what they did. But after years of no maintenance, your staff losing interest in their passion, and the simple negligence of management, the parks are nowhere near what they used to be. Customer service is a joke. (From MY personal experience) If you have a problem, all of your park's staff won't even give you a tissue for your tears. Now granted, there are some exceptional people who work for Giant in all levels of management, but they are way on the wrong side of common.

Also, look at what pbnation thinks about HSP, SC, and Giant as a whole. It's not like these issues have changed. Your customers all want the same thing. BYOP, customer service, turf, lights, clean fields, etc.

The fact that people need to be buying perfect KEE paint for $50 a case is fine. But how about buying KEE paint that has been sitting for 2 months? I actually asked one of your workers how long a case of paint normally stays at HSP. She said it was too long for her to remember. Red flag coming up on that one. But here's a solution. Next time you have a special "Look at us we're Giant Sports! We're Awesome!!" days, have a fire sale of ALL of your paint. Get rid of it for $15 a case. Just get rid of it! Then on your following week, start over with just 3 pallets of KEE. Yes, 3. If you don't have enough, oh well. Use it as a basis for how much you should order at one time. You'll probably take a hit because you won't be getting a discount for buying a Walmart worth of paint the first day, but it'll be worth it down the road.

Countless people have complaints about your techs breaking their guns, refs who can't set up a field, or receptionists who won't give a refund after 2 hours and no walk-on games. If you need sources from me, they're available. Many of these people have posted on pbnation to discuss with others who have the same feeling or to get some sort of reconciliation. Management, mainly Nicole or some other big names like to comment on some of the big threads, like a gun being permanently broken, like in my case. Just like in this thread, I didn't feel like you were on my side. The only thing I and I'm sure plenty of other people are getting from Giant management's posts are this: "You're not necessarily stupid. We're just better than you in every way and if you have a problem with that, oh well. We're the biggest and best company in the business." Again I have sources. One of them is in the fifth and sixth paragraph of your post, Bear. But again, there's a solution for all of your customer service problems that doesn't even result in firing. Take a leadership seminar. In fact, send ALL of your managers and employees to leadership and sales seminars. I promise you that your complaints will come down, maybe even disappear.

Turf, lights, and clean fields kinda all land in the same place. I don't need to explain this to you because they are straight forward, easily fixable, and just neglected. DROP THE CASH! My estimates might be off a tad, but you get the picture. $15,000 for new high-end turf, $3000 for lights, and $35,000 on a payment plan to clean your fields. There are new bunkers on some of your fields because paint as coagulated over 65 million years to make them. Just clean it up. Obviously there's overhead, but we all know that the Giant paintball parks see more revenue in one weekend than all of the other fields in Southern California see in a month. Yet the other fields can still buy new turf. This solution is simple. Just get with the program.

The last time I had written a post this long, I got a pm back from Giant management. I could care less if I do or not. This message will probably be overlooked anyway. Normally when threads are this long full of complaints, a company will just look at each post, skip the complaints, read the compliments, and then get happy that they found 1 in 50 people like the product (or in this case, park).

Rant done...
i guess someone is taking your advice, paint is selling for $20. type up Hollywood sport paintball in google and under the reviews has the "owner" stating that they are selling cases of paint for $20 as a limited time offer
mikerubin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:44 AM #117
JBussard

JBussard plays in the PSP
JBussard is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerubin99 View Post
i guess someone is taking your advice, paint is selling for $20. type up Hollywood sport paintball in google and under the reviews has the "owner" stating that they are selling cases of paint for $20 as a limited time offer
I'm glad. HSP and all Giant parks have a potential of being the best parks in the industry. They just have to get it together.
JBussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:50 PM #118
Alanboi562

Alanboi562 supports Team VICIOUS
Alanboi562 is an NCPA player
Alanboi562 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
^

Instagram; @Paintballmemes
Alanboi562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:51 PM #119
Alanboi562

Alanboi562 supports Team VICIOUS
Alanboi562 is an NCPA player
Alanboi562 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny138Von View Post
If you build it, they will come.
And BYOP for airball please

Instagram; @Paintballmemes
Alanboi562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:07 PM #120
xcakex
Matt MdC

xcakex has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xcakex has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Exactly, Build it like the SC arenas. I would be there every weekend if you do. $25 includes air, BYOP and good vibes.
xcakex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:47 PM #121
bigbrew44
Blast Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear#10 View Post
hey guys im starting this thread as the official Hollywood Sports Park thread where can talk about events, games, the hyper ball field, drills, and get togethers at HSP.. Let me know what you guys think, and lets talk about everything we got going on!

#HollywoodSportsPark #HSP #HSPThread #GiantSportz
So...what happened to this?

There is no prize for being stupid. Please stop competing.
bigbrew44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:24 PM #122
enoryt

Let's just hope they're silently lurking.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:54 PM #123
dapoofyhairdude
http://goo.gl/W9DoA

Annual Supporting Member
dapoofyhairdude is a Supporting Member
dapoofyhairdude has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by enoryt View Post
Let's just hope they're silently lurking.
Apparently mikerubin99 is lurking.
Posted in feb about that "they" are selling cheap paint.
Then just recently posted a new thread as an employee:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3955432

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerubin99 View Post
Old 04-04-2013, 02:54 PM #124
JBussard

JBussard plays in the PSP
JBussard is an NCPA player
Well... I never saw that $20/case offer. Did anyone ever take advantage of this?
JBussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:25 PM #125
sandlot is here
GET LOW!

HSP Summer Nights. 06-07. when hsp was FUN.!
Old 04-08-2013, 05:10 PM #126
LTZKID
prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlot is here View Post
HSP Summer Nights. 06-07. when hsp was FUN.!
i watched sanlot yesterday at the hopsital. Brought god damn tears to my eyes. You literally were hsp. if ya know what im saying.

-kevin
LTZKID is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups