Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-24-2011, 07:46 AM #22
Big Tone

Many years ago, I got caught out making a move on a bunker with two newbs in it, because I thought there was only one.

Seeing the barrel out the left of the bunker shooting across field I thought I'd run up and ask for a surrender. Instead, about 3 steps away from this bunker, a barrel appeared out my side and did the old "spray and pray" with nobody behind it. Missed me, thank god, so I shot it twice (gun hits ARE out on this field).

Of course, without the guy aiming the marker, he doesn't notice the hits and smacks me twice from about six inches away as I run past. Still have the scars after 10+ years.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:21 AM #23
Ginga G

Scenario:You are blind firing. Your teammate goes for a run and trips over a root, hole in the ground, rock, whatever, on his way down his goggles fly off his face. He is on the ground, with no goggles, possibly an injury from the fall and you are blind firing him right in the face. If you had not been blind firing you would have seen the mask fly off and he would still be safe and have both his eyes.

This is where the safety issue comes in. Besides, you arent gonna hit much blind firing. Just poke that little bit of your mask out that you need to so you can see, its for safety and its much more effective.
Ginga G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:56 AM #24
skunk_13_2005
Cross Creek Paintball

skunk_13_2005 supports Team VICIOUS
skunk_13_2005 supports Pev's Paintball
skunk_13_2005 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
skunk_13_2005 is attending Decay of Nations VI
skunk_13_2005 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvman View Post
unsportsmanlike I can agree with. Dangerous? I find that doubtful.
Dangerous to the fact that if you're at an outdoor field and your shooting over the net into the crowd-

PSP Certified Ref
skunk_13_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:12 AM #25
BURN177
DIRTY SOUTH BALLER

BURN177 supports Team VICIOUS
BURN177 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
BURN177 supports DLX Technology
BURN177 supports Empire
it's dangerous and could end with some 1 taking 15 paintballs to the no no's
BURN177 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:08 AM #26
surealpaintballer

surealpaintballer supports Cereal Killerz 2
surealpaintballer is for the Gunfight
surealpaintballer posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mah Timmy View Post
i would have to disagree with you. I have seen beginners blind firing and misjudging the angle of the barrel. They thought that they were shooting at opponents when in actuality they were marking cars in the parking lot. Under certain circumstances i would have to say that it is dangerous.
Seen it a dozen times!
EMPIRE Paintball gear
Ultra EVIL PAINTBALLS

GARDEN STATE PUMP
surealpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:06 PM #27
Gangstalicious
I play paintball

Gangstalicious is for the Gunfight
Gangstalicious supports Sherwood Forest
Gangstalicious posts videos on PbNation
Gangstalicious has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i don't think it should be illegal in a tournament setting, recball is a completely different story.
if your shoting a lane on the right side of your bunker, and you check left for your next move, while still shooting that lane out the right side of your bunker, that is perfectly fine to me.
Gangstalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:36 AM #28
pykim01
smile

pykim01 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pykim01 posts videos on PbNation
dont mean to bring a dead thread back from the dead. but what if youre in a bunker and you know the other guy is on the other side of the same bunker. what about blidn firing in a situation like that? cus i've definitely seen pros and d1 players do this before.
pykim01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:41 PM #29
JTBaller203
Thug Life

JTBaller203 supports Team VICIOUS
JTBaller203 posts videos on PbNation
JTBaller203 supports Pev's Paintball
JTBaller203 plays in the APPA D4 division
JTBaller203 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
refs dont like when you blindfire and hit them. thats why he told you to stop
Old 11-25-2011, 01:24 PM #30
Ginga G

Quote:
Originally Posted by pykim01 View Post
dont mean to bring a dead thread back from the dead. but what if youre in a bunker and you know the other guy is on the other side of the same bunker. what about blidn firing in a situation like that? cus i've definitely seen pros and d1 players do this before.
You stick your gun around the bunker, barrel goes up his mask, you shoot him right in the face. Is it worth the risk? Not really, just go around the bunker with your gun.
Ginga G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:37 AM #31
Mr.Rabbit

Mr.Rabbit is for the Gunfight
Refs don't call you because you shoot them I'm sorry as a ref you are going to be shot. It is a huge safety hazard worst case I've seen was a ref was walking into a fort for a paint check little kid blind firing his gun almost vertically shot the ref from bellow paint went up underneath his masked hitting him in the ear and parts of the shell got in his eye. He now permanent hearing damage and the shell that got in his eye reduced his peripheral vision. I would call that dangerous without exception.

Its not gears of war you don't have third person camera to show you what your hitting.

Like a house of leaves before a storm
Mr.Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:28 PM #32
txfordct

it's annoying... but luckily thats why gun hits count.... for the most part
txfordct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:26 AM #33
conzork
All-Star Paintball O.G.

Annual Supporting Member
conzork posts videos on PbNation
conzork has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
definitely a NO-GO. i work an indoor field and in addition to blind firing putting refs and other players at unnecessary risk, we also have huge lights above the field. these are not at risk of falling but if one one of those bigass bulbs break, we have to shut down until ALL the glass is cleaned from the turf. i've seen it happen once and it was not fun and it scared the crap out of the 10year olds there for the birthday party.
conzork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:27 PM #34
NGerali

It's not aloud in UWL I know. It's also not allowed at my home field due to injuries and safety. I think it's normally just frowned upon or just unsafe.

If your field allows it... Just check yourself foo.
NGerali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:47 PM #35
marsh herrm

I was playing on a woodsball map that was a smaller size. A girl in the same bunker as me was blind firing and almost hit a teammate in a bunker in front of us.

I used to think of blind firing as a fair tactic...but ever since that day, I am fearful that I'll be hit by friendly blind fire and support fields with a rule against it.
marsh herrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:21 AM #36
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
In rec ball, it is not allowed because newer players tend to just stick their guns above the bunkers and spray and pray paintballs everywhere. First issue is that they can't be shot out because gun hits don't count in rec ball. Second issue is that it can be dangerous if they shoot over a net or at refs/dead players on accident.

In tournament, it is allowed because you can still be hit on the gun and be out. Most players (especially corner guys) will hold their gun on the tape and just keep shooting while looking around on the inside and talking with their teammates.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:01 AM #37
Jacob-Murry
Almost pro..not

Jacob-Murry plays in the PSP
Jacob-Murry is playing at Living Legends V
Jacob-Murry owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Jacob-Murry supports Team VICIOUS
Blind firing happens all the time in x-ball... It's just referred as "shooting blind spots"
Houston Heat Fan #21

🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫
Jacob-Murry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:48 PM #38
Lysdexia (Banned)

Yeah the angle of the barrel will determine trajectory
Lysdexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:22 PM #39
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Well, it has to be truly "blind" firing. I almost got in trouble once. I was moving up the flank and was totally exposed when a player stuck his head out from a bunker. All I could do was try to hit him. Got close enough for him to duck back in. Pounded the left side of the bunker to make him think I was comming around that side but went right. Got to the corner of the bunker and guess what. I'm looking at my shadow and his shadow and we are standing about 6 inches apart with one piece of plywood between us. I figured he saw my shadow so I just went low and stuck ONLY my marker around the corher and fired. Hit him square in the belly. The ref jumped me for "blind firing" I said it wasn't blind. He could see my shadow and I could see his. We knew exactly where our target was.. The fact he was hit dead center kind of proved my point. After he saw how we were positions and where the shadows fell, he let it slide. But YES they are fairly strict about it at most fields I have played the last 20 years.

I play scenaio. Was in a series of mobile homes strung together. "Berlin" as in the Battle of Berlin. It is DARK inside there. No lights just windows. We are playing room to room and closet to closet. Nobody wants to be the first guy to go down the hallway. There are six markers pointing at the end of it. But you have to clear the building and move onto the next. Somebody has to go first with 5-6 somebodys right on your tail. I prefer to send a grenade or bazooka round down that hallway myself.. Pretty intense paintball. There is a LOT of 'blind firing' in there. Not enough light to tell the difference between a good guy, bad guy, or ref. The refs that DO go inside usually get most valuable ref for going above and beyond the call of duty.

Simularly during night games, you can't SEE what you are shooting at. Somebody is shooting at you, you return fire at the source of the sound. You hear voices walking up the trail, you shoot the voices.
You hear tip toes through the leaves at your base perimeter, you shoot the tippy toes. You get a lot of friendly fire incidents, barrel tags, and up close and personal paintball. The refs wear chem lights on their hats. So that is not a problem.

So you get the idea. Be safe. Don't shoot the refs. True blind firing is a waste of paint.

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......

Last edited by Boom Master : 02-19-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:07 PM #40
Alexzannder

although you could have been pretty sure that you were hitting the bunker, it doesn't change the fact that is it unsporty and dangerous. if you can drive a car at 120 safely does that mean you should be able to on the highway when others are driving 65. the rule has been around for as long as i remember, just please try to not do it.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:40 PM #41
diesel47

diesel47 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Yes it is dangerous.

I had a ball somehow fly over the net and hit me on my chin inches away from my eye. The reason was some kid blind firing over a bunker sending paintballs flying in the air.

If you blind fire you deserve to get kicked off the field.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:15 AM #42
hzuiel

Quote:
You should always be thinking about trigger control when you play. You can't have trigger control if you don't even know what you're shooting at. What if someone made a break out of their bunker, tripped, fell, and their mask came off. If you're actually looking with your eyeballs you could see that, stop shooting, scream for a ref and stop the game. If you're blind firing out of a bunker you could be the ******* that takes one of his eyes from him.
hzuiel is offline   Reply With Quote