PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-17-2013, 06:58 PM #1
blackevoIX

blackevoIX has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Invasion help

I pick up a used Invasion about a week ago. When I received the gun I put a pod through it to make sure the gun worked. Everything was working fine until a ball was chopped or broke in the barrel. It was really old paint, so I initially thought that was why the paint broke. Now after I cleaned everything, right after the gun is fired the LED changes from green to yellow. The manual says that means the eye harness is disconnected or cut. I took the gun apart to try to find a cut/kink or something but I couldn't find one. I have taken the eyes and cleaned them probably like 5 times now, so I know they aren't dirty.

Before anyone says "Replace the battery and reset the board." I have already bought 3 new 9 volts from my local PB shop(so they have enough power) and nothing has changed. As for reseting the board. I get to the flashing red in programing menu 1, hold the trigger and wait for it go through the rainbow, but when I go to change the dwell setting it is still set to 15 not the default 5. So I don't know if the board is resetting or not. Yes, I checked the dip switches.

Anyone have idea? if not, Jack is going to be getting a phone call in the next couple of days.
blackevoIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2013, 10:11 PM #2
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
What board do you have?

Sounds like an eye setting problem. Once we know what board you are working with, we will go from there.

the invasion is pretty soft on paint, so it should not just be a blended.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:10 PM #3
blackevoIX

hater board. sorry, I thought I said that.

I know the eye sensor debounce is set to 4 or 5 blinks right now. I wasn't sure what the default setting was so i left it alone.

I tried resetting the board but i don't think i did it right.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:27 PM #4
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

i think that is the same board in my Indy, let me take a look at my manual. 1 second
Old 02-17-2013, 11:29 PM #5
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

does this make sense?

Old 02-17-2013, 11:32 PM #6
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

as far as settings go, stock tends to work best.

red - dwell - 12ms

solid purple - eye delay - 2

2 flash purple - ball in place delay - 2
Old 02-17-2013, 11:50 PM #7
blackevoIX

yeah, but the colors are off. i think the invasion board is a little different then the indy.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:33 AM #8
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Yep so as it says above...

Marker off...

Hold done the trigger and power button, then release power button.
Let go of trigger.
tap trigger until it is flickering red.
hold trigger down to select it. It will cycle through the led colours then go back to solid red.

Once done, you need to reset the dwell to 15ms otherwise it will be too low @ 5ms. Also reset up your bps, ramping etc.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:47 AM #9
blackevoIX

Yeah, that is what i have been doing. When i do that though, none of the board settings reset. They all stay them same. the dwell is still set to 15ms after the reset.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:36 PM #10
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

Try changing the dwell to something other than 15ms, then try a reset. Im just curious to see what happens.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:23 PM #11
blackevoIX

I just changed it to 10ms, then I tried resetting. After the board said 10ms.

To reset the board I have been holding trigger on the flickering red and waiting for it the go through the colors. After it returns to the flickering red, I let go of the trigger and turn off the gun.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:28 PM #12
blackevoIX

I wanted to see what would happen if i pulled the trigger after the flickering red went off. it flashed a solid red, and the dwell went back 15ms.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:39 PM #13
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Other than the programming issue, it seems you have an eye malfunction. Make sure you take the eye covers off and clean the holes the eyes sit in as well. Maybe use some alcohol. Just running a rag through the breech doesn't always work.

If you just turn the gun on and put your finger in and out of the breech do the eyes work? The LED indicator should change color as you put your finger in and out. If it doesn't change...then the eyes aren't working.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S

Last edited by MstrKey : 02-18-2013 at 03:46 PM.
MstrKey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:13 PM #14
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

are you releasing the trigger within two seconds of turning the board on? If you wait to long, it will go to programming mode.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:14 AM #15
blackevoIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
If you just turn the gun on and put your finger in and out of the breech do the eyes work? The LED indicator should change color as you put your finger in and out. If it doesn't change...then the eyes aren't working.
Yes, the LED goes from red to green at first. Indicating the eyes are working but once I pull the trigger(LED is green) the LED turns yellow and stays yellow instead of green. So yellow and red. If i hold the trigger to fire the single shot when the LED is red, the LED will go back to green. Then returns to yellow after i pull the trigger again.

Manual says "Eye harness is detached or cut", but when i checked and triple checked. It's neither. The eye harness is connected to both eye board and board, and I couldn't find any cuts or kinks.

Oh well, I give up. I'll being calling Jack when I get a chance. I guess i'll be using my Indy a little longer.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:38 PM #16
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

the eyes could have a wiring problem that is not noticeable i guess.

still weird you cant reset the board. Its tricky at first
Old 02-21-2013, 10:52 PM #17
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
That's normal, if you pull the trigger with your finger in the breech the board will fault out to eyes disabled mode because the board needs to detect an empty breech(for a few milliseconds) before it resets to look for the next ball. That's how it checks to make sure the eyes are working properly. If you just hold your finger in the breech, it never sees that "empty" time in the cycle and assumes the eyes are blocked or broken.

Now here is the kicker. The board may not be waiting long enough, when paint is fired, to detect the empty breech before the next ball falls in. From what firefoxx posted of the board settings above, this MAY have something to do with the eye sensor debounce. That term is not really written very well so I'm not totally sure what it does. If it's the eye delay setting....then you may need to increase it(most likely), or decrease it so the board can detect the empty breech at the proper time in the cycle. Maybe someone else can tell you their setting to check against yours.

Now the kicker is.........you need to turn off your tournament lock so that you can actually change some settings. LOL.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is online now   Reply With Quote