Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-18-2013, 09:18 AM #1
greatsoccerman

hole in 05 ego fix?

has anyoen ever fixed the hole that the grip screw puts in the solenoid? can u just fill it with some liquid plastic or something?
greatsoccerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2013, 09:48 AM #2
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

msweeneygt owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
msweeneygt has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
msweeneygt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Once you puncture/distort the solenoid housing it pretty much destroys it. It's not usually the indentation that is the problem it is the distortion of the housing and the misalignment the diaphragm. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. So putting a filler in it would just be like sticking a wad a tissue in a gunshot wound. Yeah the hole would be covered but that still doesn't fix the internal damage.
Planet Eclipse Etek w/. Star frame, 08 Ego expansion board, Etek 2 regulator, Ego10 OOPS ASA, SLS Cure 3+ bolt w/. inserts, Zick kit, Kila detents, Violent thumbwheel, PE red laser eyes, Shaft 4 barrel kit w/. all backs and fronts, both Bump pistons.
V3 Dye Rotor w/. Virtue board
114/4500 Carleton w/. Myth reg

Ego/Etek Parts FS/T
msweeneygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:44 PM #3
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated

smokefools66 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
smokefools66 supports Team VICIOUS
smokefools66 supports Empire
Ya I believe msweenygt is correct. I've never heard of anyone repairing screw damage to solenoid. As the 05/06 solenoids are getting very difficult to acquire you are more then likely going to have to use an Etek solenoid and manifold or an Ego8 solenoid and manifold. Be sure to be careful when tightening your grip screws or even get a violent black out screw kit, they are supposed to be shorter if I remember right.

"I like the poo a lot"- tim2thousand4
smokefools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:35 PM #4
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

I think your right about the Violent screws. Also SPD grips come with screws that are Ego safe as long as they are used in conjuction with their SPD grips ONLY. greatsoccerman if you want to see a set of SPDs on an Etek just click the link for my gun in my sig to see the black annodized screws that came with the grips.
Planet Eclipse Etek w/. Star frame, 08 Ego expansion board, Etek 2 regulator, Ego10 OOPS ASA, SLS Cure 3+ bolt w/. inserts, Zick kit, Kila detents, Violent thumbwheel, PE red laser eyes, Shaft 4 barrel kit w/. all backs and fronts, both Bump pistons.

Ego/Etek Parts FS/T
Old 02-18-2013, 03:22 PM #5
greatsoccerman

i just took apart my solenoid it was screwed anyway so i took it apart even took off the black housing. it is a coil of copper wire to create an electromagnic. anyoen here good with electricity and magnic fields and stuff. i can post pictures if i can get some people that know more stuff than i do and maybe we can learn how to fix these things.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:58 PM #6
Spektrum84
PewPewPew

The magnet wire (the coiled wire on the bobbin) is a very fine wire with a very very thin shielding/insulation on it. Unless you've got the tools, brains, talented hands, and time to rewind the bobbin with new wire then it's a paper weight.
Spektrum84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:33 PM #7
greatsoccerman

Can you just buy those coils? Surely pe bought them already made like that and put them in the solenoid. Any idea. I have pictures of mine if you would like to know what time talking about. Don't know how to put them on the website but I can text them
Old 02-18-2013, 11:25 PM #8
greatsoccerman

does anyone know how makes the etek solenoid? and where i can order one? and any other pieces i need for it
Old 02-19-2013, 12:04 AM #9
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated

If you feel confident in your wiring skills you can use this noid. You would need to use the connectors from the bad noid.

http://www.airsoldier.com/mm5/mercha...Code=SOLENOIDS

Old 02-19-2013, 12:57 AM #10
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

Will these replace Eteks in the same instance? Cause if so I think I just found my back-up noid!

Ego/Etek Parts FS/T
Old 02-19-2013, 08:44 AM #11
greatsoccerman

I got a buddy who is really good with wires. How would wout go about doing this? Like is it the back of the solenoid?
Old 02-19-2013, 09:20 AM #12
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by msweeneygt View Post
Will these replace Eteks in the same instance? Cause if so I think I just found my back-up noid!
I'm not sure, I know you can use Etek noids for 05/06 egos, but I'm not sure if it would fit with the body on your Etek. I don't see why not, but I don't want to give you false info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatsoccerman View Post
I got a buddy who is really good with wires. How would wout go about doing this? Like is it the back of the solenoid?
It's the whole noid but I'm pretty sure you would need to use the front section of your noid with the new rear section of the asp noid, and the connectors off the bad rear section. Here is the thread I found out the asp in for reference.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...go+noid+mod+06

Old 02-19-2013, 10:18 AM #13
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokefools66 View Post
I'm not sure, I know you can use Etek noids for 05/06 egos, but I'm not sure if it would fit with the body on your Etek. I don't see why not, but I don't want to give you false info.
That's fine. Just trying to get ideas for the future. Cause unfortunately I have to face the facts. I have a 6 year old gun, that has had a good amount of use. The solenoid isn't going to last forever. So seeking a replacement prior to this unfortunate event would be smarter than sitting around waiting for it to happen and no replacements be available. I know where I can get one for $110 without the minifold, but $55 would be a whole lot better if minimal to no modifications can be achieved.

***EDIT***

I found one on ASP that was listed for the Etek for $102. Prices getting a little better.

Ego/Etek Parts FS/T

Last edited by msweeneygt : 02-19-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:33 AM #14
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated

Ya I understand that, I've had my 06 Dark for 5 years and its been a great gun so I'd rather spend a little money to keep it running, rather than buying a new marker. Not to mention I couldn't find a newer Ego with milling like my Dark. Plus I have my 06 Nexus now too so I may need to pick up a couple of these when I have the money.

Last edited by smokefools66 : 02-19-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:56 AM #15
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

Yeah your guns are the same to you as mine is to me. A total labor of love. I would never get near back what I put in to it to make the gun what it is today. Not to mention I was a half step away last night from replacing all my Shaft 4 backs (minus the 681) with a SL kit from a Panther CSL but some buyer beat me to them. **cough cough fortynickel**

Ego/Etek Parts FS/T
Old 02-19-2013, 11:15 AM #16
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated

Ya I love both of my Egos and I doubt I would get what I've put in to it either. I made that mistake with my old Ion, but oh well I got my Dark from selling it. I kinda regret getting rid of my Shaft4, but the color of the red was kinda off anyway. I might pick up an Embers2 back though. Ha ya he has been picking up Ego parts and stuff for awhile

Old 02-19-2013, 08:59 PM #17
zachsdad86

If you can be careful about it, you can remove the coil portion from the noid, unwind the broken wire until you remove all of the broken pieces then solder the wire back to the connector. Takes time, but not overly complicated. I've been successful with both that I did and the noids worked fine afterward.

Or if you are not interested in messing with it, I am interested in the noid.

ICDO

For God does speak—now one way, now another—though no one perceives it. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falls on people as they slumber in their beds, he may speak in their ears and terrify them with warnings Job 33:14-16
zachsdad86 is offline   Reply With Quote