Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-17-2013, 07:47 PM #1
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Why 4c eyes?

I've been looking at 4c eyes but I don't understand why they are of benefit? I get the marketing that the marker fires when the bottom set sees the ball rather than wait on a delay. If 2c eyes have their eyes in the lower position, why would eye delay be any different than on 4c eyes? The ball is in the same position at the time it passes the bottom eyes. So why add delay in one setup and not the other? If the 2c eyes are located in the top eye position, couldn't you simply adjust eye delay to your loader and again see identical shooting?

Again, what do 4c eyes detect that 2c eyes and adjustable delay can't do exactly the same?
benzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2013, 07:51 PM #2
gamer565
Place ran by hypocrites

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
Knowing how the eyes operate would be a good start on understanding them.

http://4cpaintball.com/information.html

gamer565 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:55 PM #3
Luke ????
Veteran

Luke ???? owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Luke ???? plays in the APPA D5 division
I have 4c eyes in my vic and it's mostly for convenience; rather than spend time adjusting settings getting your marq/timmy ready to go, just replace the stock eyes with 4c eyes and keep playing.

Only thing 4c eyes are for is playing semi to keep the cycling more consistent during various rates of fire, nxl full auto or any form of ramping you don't need them.

Last edited by Luke ???? : 02-17-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Luke ???? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:04 PM #4
lopez17
Valar Morghulis

Annual Supporting Member
lopez17 is a Moderator
lopez17 is a Supporting Member
lopez17 is playing at Living Legends VII
lopez17 supports Pev's Paintball
lopez17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
lopez17 is Immortal
Essentially, when you're in Semi you eliminate the need for a Bolt Delay setting because the extra set of eyes can detect the motion of the paint as it falls into the breach and the other set of eyes keeps track of the movement of the bolt. In doing this you eliminate unnecessary delay time between cycles and still prevent your bolt from blowing up paint that's half-fed into the breach.

lopez17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:34 PM #5
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer565 View Post
Knowing how the eyes operate would be a good start on understanding them.

http://4cpaintball.com/information.html
If that we're the case, why do we adjust in eye delay for eyes that sit at the bottom of the chamber? Many board in the past have used an adjustable eye delay which would indicate that using the eyes was too fast, not too slow. Even so, I don't see where you would notice any difference below 20+ bps in semi, which is rare for most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke ???? View Post
I have 4c eyes in my vic and it's mostly for convenience; rather than spend time adjusting settings getting your marq/timmy ready to go, just replace the stock eyes with 4c eyes and keep playing.

Only thing 4c eyes are for is playing semi to keep the cycling more consistent during various rates of fire, nxl full auto or any form of ramping you don't need them.
I guess it's easier, but a single conservative force fed setting should cover just about any in game setup using 2c eyes. A single set of eyes has worked fine for years up into the mid 20's bps wise so I'm struggling with when you would ever see a difference in a game.
benzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote