PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-15-2013, 09:18 PM #1
xXInvertXx

xXInvertXx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NT Kick Heavy

Got a used NT today. When I shot it it had more kick then i expected. It has a virtue board so i just set the dwell to 7ms (28 clicks). ANything else I should do?
xXInvertXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2013, 09:32 PM #2
Rmilledge32

Rmilledge32 supports DLX Technology
What bolt flow insert, psi setting, any spacers on the bolt?
Rmilledge32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:45 AM #3
xXInvertXx

xXInvertXx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmilledge32 View Post
What bolt flow insert, psi setting, any spacers on the bolt?
im new to dye lol
xXInvertXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:09 AM #4
tacodorifto

Read the manual. To learn about the nt,then post up the your settings from there we can help you.

If you dont have a manual google it. Swarch for dye nt manual or dye nt11 manual
tacodorifto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:14 AM #5
3ll3nwood

has been a member for 10 years
Basically any time you can run lower pressure you are going to see less kick. There are two good threads on the first page talking about the settings people are running their NTs at.

I'm shooting an NT10. 135psi, dwell at 7, blue bolt flow insert. Not using any spacers on the internals. That's getting me right at 285 - 290 fps and a nice satisfying pop when I fire. I really think any "kick" you are feeling isn't probably affecting your shots. Mine "kicks" but I get no barrel rise shooting a stream, I can just feel the bolt popping back and forth. If that makes sense...
Old 02-16-2013, 08:20 AM #6
Rmilledge32

Really? Your having to run 135 with no spacer and the blue insert to hit 285? I'm running green at 120 on 9 dwell green spacer getting 290/293 +- 3
Old 02-16-2013, 08:30 AM #7
3ll3nwood

I have the spacer kit and green insery on order so that I can try out some different settings. But, in short yes. Those are my settings. It is a little loud but when set that way, per the manual, I get right at 285 - 290.

I don't think I HAVE to run it there though. I suppose I could lower pressures and up dwell to your settings and see. Maybe I'll try that today but I don't know that the blue insert will flow enough for those numbers.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:43 AM #8
Rmilledge32

With your dwell at 9, lowering your pressure with the blue insert you will notice less kick. With the green insert I just put it in two days ago lowered the psi, I have nearly no kick and with my DW Cf barrel it's super quite too. So I would Bump your dwell lower your pressure a bit and check your fps.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:09 AM #9
3ll3nwood

Will do. Should be out at the field in about an hour so I will try this out. Thanks for the tips.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:10 AM #10
Rmilledge32

Np!
Old 02-16-2013, 02:36 PM #11
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
I have 3 pressure testers and they all show different results (+/- 10psi) so dont rely on that as a firm number.

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:32 PM #12
3ll3nwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_hore View Post
I have 3 pressure testers and they all show different results (+/- 10psi) so dont rely on that as a firm number.
Point taken.

I did what you suggested when I got out to the field today. Upped the dwell to 9 and lowered the pressure. Like he says above, I had it set at 135 so i didn't bother to recheck just bumped down about 120*.

Seemed to shoot quieter and I really started to notice during play how much smoother the shot was so it did lower kick for me.

Also it was 40 dgrees and windy in Atlanta today and I only had a blue insert in. I ended up having a few breaks in the back on the barrel in a few games. Was sad to be breaking paint after breaking none last week but think it was just the paint and the temps not so much the gun. Looking forward to trying the green insert I have coming.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:04 PM #13
Rmilledge32

Good deal I'm glad it helped lessen the kick and shoot smoother. You will notice a difference in the green insert as well and be able to lower psi. Lower psi = less broken paint.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:02 AM #14
ZachSh30

ZachSh30 plays in the PSP
ZachSh30 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ZachSh30 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ZachSh30 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ll3nwood View Post
Basically any time you can run lower pressure you are going to see less kick. There are two good threads on the first page talking about the settings people are running their NTs at.

I'm shooting an NT10. 135psi, dwell at 7, blue bolt flow insert. Not using any spacers on the internals. That's getting me right at 285 - 290 fps and a nice satisfying pop when I fire. I really think any "kick" you are feeling isn't probably affecting your shots. Mine "kicks" but I get no barrel rise shooting a stream, I can just feel the bolt popping back and forth. If that makes sense...
I'm using the same exact settings and insert and my NT shoots amazing. I would go with this.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:05 AM #15
ZachSh30

ZachSh30 plays in the PSP
ZachSh30 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ZachSh30 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ZachSh30 plays in the APPA D3 division
i didnt read on and i think im going to try the green insert as stated above.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:30 PM #16
3ll3nwood

Well I just got my spacer kit and green insert in from DYE this week.

So now I've got my got the spacer body in and the green insert. Settings are the same from last weekend, dwell 9, 130psi. No chrono but the shots seem quieter and I know its nonsense but the streams seems a little flatter as well...

Anyways, I will chrono saturday and mess with it a little more. I think spacer body + green insert will ultimately be a part of getting it shooting exactly where I want it.

edit** I also did the macro line mod to my spool.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:35 PM #17
Rmilledge32

Hehe its no nonsense... it most definatley shoots flatter... i thought i was crazy at first also but after about 6 hoppers... def. shoots tight ropes. btw you can take that spacer body rubber off and you will have less kick and a lil more quite.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:58 PM #18
spartan117d7

spartan117d7 is playing at Living Legends V
spartan117d7 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
spartan117d7 posts videos on PbNation
spartan117d7 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
spartan117d7 supports DLX Technology
so from this thread im getting that everyone says go green spacer instead of no spacer at all

im running green bolt insert, no bolt spacer. around 110 psi but havent tried any other method

CHECK THEM OUT: WILLING TO PAY FOR TRADES WITH THESE BELOW!

QUALITY GAMING COMPUTER SET UP FST!

4xREPLAY XD 1080 mini FST
spartan117d7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:05 PM #19
3ll3nwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan117d7 View Post
so from this thread im getting that everyone says go green spacer instead of no spacer at all

im running green bolt insert, no bolt spacer. around 110 psi but havent tried any other method
What I ran this past weekend was essentially that.

I'm shooting an NT10 just to be clear.

I tried green bolt insert, body spacer (no rings), 140 psi. Dwell @ 9 Was shooting quieter and very flat.

This weekend was green bolt insert, no body spacer (at the advice above), 140 psi. Dwell @ 8. Louder sound (like it had extra pop to each shot) lessened recoil. Shot less flat.

With either settings though I haven't been about to get below about 140psi if I wanted to hit 295fps or more on the chrono. (We play at 300fps.) Anything less on the Hyper3 and I was getting no more than 280 - 285fps with some drop off on streams.

I know the 10s supposedly runner higher pressure than the 11s. Either way, both these set ups were extremely satisfying shooting on the field. That's why I like the NT so much.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:40 PM #20
Rmilledge32

Hmm seems odd.... maybe im at a higher psi than stated.... running around 290fps +/-3 indoor but i coulda swore i was around 115-120 psi guess ill find out for sure when i re-chorno the 10th or march for my next tourney lol... so your just using the stock nt10 black rubber body spacer then?
Old 02-26-2013, 01:55 AM #21
spartan117d7

spartan117d7 is playing at Living Legends V
spartan117d7 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
spartan117d7 posts videos on PbNation
spartan117d7 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
spartan117d7 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ll3nwood View Post
What I ran this past weekend was essentially that.

I'm shooting an NT10 just to be clear.

I tried green bolt insert, body spacer (no rings), 140 psi. Dwell @ 9 Was shooting quieter and very flat.

This weekend was green bolt insert, no body spacer (at the advice above), 140 psi. Dwell @ 8. Louder sound (like it had extra pop to each shot) lessened recoil. Shot less flat.

With either settings though I haven't been about to get below about 140psi if I wanted to hit 295fps or more on the chrono. (We play at 300fps.) Anything less on the Hyper3 and I was getting no more than 280 - 285fps with some drop off on streams.

I know the 10s supposedly runner higher pressure than the 11s. Either way, both these set ups were extremely satisfying shooting on the field. That's why I like the NT so much.
Yeah, i am running an nt11 so no inserts are slightly different too if i was to put one in

CHECK THEM OUT: WILLING TO PAY FOR TRADES WITH THESE BELOW!

QUALITY GAMING COMPUTER SET UP FST!

4xREPLAY XD 1080 mini FST
spartan117d7 is offline   Reply With Quote