PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-13-2013, 06:02 PM #1
wendelltsai
Windows 9527

Paintball Club at the University of Arizona

Dear all, There is a new paintball club starting at the University of Arizona.

If you are a University of Arizona student and interested in playing paintball you should join our club.

Club website on Orgsync(School Clubs)

https://orgsync.com/join/65007/paint...ity-of-arizona

Club Facebook Group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/338632769587706/

Wish to see you there

Sincerely,

Wendell Tsai
wendelltsai@emaill.arizona.edu
wendelltsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2013, 10:09 PM #2
VIP3R
Arizona Paintball

VIP3R is an NCPA player
pretty sure uofa has one already....unless it died off..might want to check
VIP3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:11 AM #3
wendelltsai
Windows 9527

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIP3R View Post
pretty sure uofa has one already....unless it died off..might want to check
I think, they've become inactive.

I was told that the UA Paintball team members graduated, and the club pages has become inactive.

At least most UA students who has interest in paintball and joining the club has no way to contact the club(No response). This is confirmed by many students.

That's why I am starting a new one.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:46 PM #4
VIP3R
Arizona Paintball

VIP3R is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendelltsai View Post
I think, they've become inactive.

I was told that the UA Paintball team members graduated, and the club pages has become inactive.

At least most UA students who has interest in paintball and joining the club has no way to contact the club(No response). This is confirmed by many students.

That's why I am starting a new one.
Gotcha. Didn't know. Just wanted to make sure you weren't wasting your time.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:15 PM #5
Heaterdude
PCR-WA-039

Heaterdude posts videos on PbNation
Heaterdude supports Pev's Paintball
Heaterdude has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Heaterdude supports DLX Technology
I wish I could have gotten one started up here at Embry-Riddle but there's only 3 of us that play, good luck with your club!
Ansgear.com
Trademygun.com
EKK Elite
Heaterdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:31 PM #6
wendelltsai
Windows 9527

Thanks all.

If there are any previous UA WildCat Players here I would like to ask them some questions. PM me if possible. Thanks
Old 02-19-2013, 02:14 PM #7
VIP3R
Arizona Paintball

VIP3R is an NCPA player
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3923910 theres a guy in there. contact him
Old 02-19-2013, 10:51 PM #8
ArchAngelIon
VSBGODB

ArchAngelIon plays in the PSP
ArchAngelIon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ArchAngelIon posts videos on PbNation
ArchAngelIon is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Your best bet is to spam flyers. That's how we got things started when we revived it in 09.

In all honesty DPs tournament field is not in good shape. Paintball in Tucson has fallen off. If you want to keep up with the grind a drive to Phoenix is necessary. Cash money Gordon and myself are long gone. Best of luck.

PS: Don't play the SWPPL/AZPPL. We wasted our beer money on that trash league. Drive out to Cali for WCPPL if you get things going at the tournament level.

If I somehow can get some time free from legal research I'm going to try and get some of the OG line together for PSP Chicago to give the hellcats 1 last beating

The only thing I find valuable, about your species, is the noises you make when you die.

Looking for Classic video games, will trade dollars: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post82009777

Last edited by ArchAngelIon : 02-19-2013 at 10:58 PM.
ArchAngelIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:15 PM #9
wendelltsai
Windows 9527

Thanks a lot for the advice, I understand the situation of the field at DP.
I am reviving it for 2013-2014

I plan to get paintball pants from DP, since it is the closet for rec club plays.
Try to support local paintball-

Where/What Jersey you guys get?

Hellcats still play at DP.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:37 PM #10
fryburger

fryburger has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The DP jersey is pretty good too.
EMPIRE MINI
fryburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:16 AM #11
wendelltsai
Windows 9527

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryburger View Post
The DP jersey is pretty good too.
Yeah I thought about either buying pants or Jersey from DP, as a way to support our local paintball store. and perhaps they can do better deal with us in the future.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:25 PM #12
Empire-Axe

How has your mission for players going? Are you ONLY going for UofA students im assuming? Wasn't sure since it is juist a club
Empire-Axe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:21 PM #13
anti55hero

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngelIon View Post
Your best bet is to spam flyers. That's how we got things started when we revived it in 09.

In all honesty DPs tournament field is not in good shape. Paintball in Tucson has fallen off. If you want to keep up with the grind a drive to Phoenix is necessary. Cash money Gordon and myself are long gone. Best of luck.

PS: Don't play the SWPPL/AZPPL. We wasted our beer money on that trash league. Drive out to Cali for WCPPL if you get things going at the tournament level.

If I somehow can get some time free from legal research I'm going to try and get some of the OG line together for PSP Chicago to give the hellcats 1 last beating
The AZPPL and the SWPPL are completely separate entities, with separate ownership and goals. I also dont recall you having played the SWPPL as it is a newly formed league having only had 1 event.

I believe your qualm is with Joe, on a personal level. New players and new teams are not likely to have the same issue you seem to have with him. They should not be deterred from attending local, affordable, and well run events because of someone else's personal issues extrapolated to the targeted persons involvement in something.

I run the SWPPL. I do not appreciate the inconsideration of your statement without holding any validity.

If the UofA paintball club has ANY questions or concerns regarding getting set up with the league or individual events, please dont hesitate to ask me. I do my very best to take the players desires into consideration of the events and fully address any issues that arise.

I hope to see the club come together! Request to Join the SWPPL Senate for the latest stuff going on with the league and to let us know what you want out of the events! - https://www.facebook.com/groups/200861693364334/

Join the SWPPL Senate - https://www.facebook.com/groups/200861693364334/

Phoenix CONTACT - Powered by - BOB LONG, VIRTUE, VALKEN, HK ARMY, SLY, GOG, CENSYS DESIGN LAB,
anti55hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:04 AM #14
wendelltsai
Windows 9527

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire-Axe View Post
How has your mission for players going? Are you ONLY going for UofA students im assuming? Wasn't sure since it is juist a club
Our club mission is to promote paintball in our community. The club is more recreational atm, and might turn into more competitive team play once we got more members.

We plan on having events for UofA Students-primarily.
And promote "having fun" way of playing with the beginner groups. (Don't play to pwn, play for fun"
Old 03-07-2013, 03:52 PM #15
TheBosch
NXE

TheBosch is a founding member
TheBosch works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti55hero View Post
The AZPPL and the SWPPL are completely separate entities, with separate ownership and goals. I also dont recall you having played the SWPPL as it is a newly formed league having only had 1 event.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/200861693364334/
So who owns the AZPPL now? And what is the difference of the goals? Is the AZPPL still active and if so who runs it? I thought you ran it last time it was active before the name change?
Old 03-07-2013, 04:02 PM #16
anti55hero

I started running the operations of it when it was owned by Eric? To be honest Im not sure who actually "owned" it as the AZPPL.

I dont believe the AZPPL will still be active, because nobody wants to run it.

Myself and Joe own the SWPPL. We have incorporated a 3man component as well as expanding events to NM and Texas.

Join the SWPPL Senate - https://www.facebook.com/groups/200861693364334/

Phoenix CONTACT - Powered by - BOB LONG, VIRTUE, VALKEN, HK ARMY, SLY, GOG, CENSYS DESIGN LAB,
anti55hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:04 PM #17
TheBosch
NXE

TheBosch is a founding member
TheBosch works for a Paintball manufacturer
Cool just curious. When I read that I was like who the hell owns the AZPPL now?
Old 03-08-2013, 11:25 AM #18
ArchAngelIon
VSBGODB

ArchAngelIon plays in the PSP
ArchAngelIon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ArchAngelIon posts videos on PbNation
ArchAngelIon is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti55hero View Post
I started running the operations of it when it was owned by Eric? To be honest Im not sure who actually "owned" it as the AZPPL.

I dont believe the AZPPL will still be active, because nobody wants to run it.

Myself and Joe own the SWPPL. We have incorporated a 3man component as well as expanding events to NM and Texas.
I've moved on, but playing the AZPPL ran Joe and Tony was some of the most ridiculous bull**** I've ever delt with in a tournament setting. I could go on and on but I've done enough dammage to the AZPPL; I led the crusade which burried it. Your PR skills are admirable but we still have the same goons doing the same ****.

Plus, having my alma mater fund your sham/scab pro team is rather disgusting.

The only thing I find valuable, about your species, is the noises you make when you die.

Looking for Classic video games, will trade dollars: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post82009777
ArchAngelIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:49 PM #19
mikeisawsome

mikeisawsome plays in the PSP
mikeisawsome plays in the APPA D2 division
Lmao
Old 03-13-2013, 11:34 AM #20
laytonjacobcox

I'm a senior at UofA. I played a lot about 6 maybe 7 years ago. I'm still repping the 06 shocker and the 07 proto matrix. Looking to get back into it all now. If anyone around the area has any tips, I'm getting everything back in working shape. Or looking to sell and buy some newer stuff. I desperately need a mask or two. haha

All for sale if anyone is interested
laytonjacobcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:38 PM #21
MaxPower1272
Hellcats Paintball *****.

MaxPower1272 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngelIon View Post
I've moved on, but playing the AZPPL ran Joe and Tony was some of the most ridiculous bull**** I've ever delt with in a tournament setting. I could go on and on but I've done enough dammage to the AZPPL; I led the crusade which burried it. Your PR skills are admirable but we still have the same goons doing the same ****.

Plus, having my alma mater fund your sham/scab pro team is rather disgusting.
Mr. Crusader,

Joe never ran the AZPPL, I did and Tony. Joe was brought in to help ref when a head ref failed to show up one morning and continued to help. Me (Eric) and Tony took over operations after Elevations/Bosch decided the did not want to run it any more. They approached us because they felt we could best manage the situation because of the size, drive and capacity of Hellcats which no other team in Arizona had at that time.

The situation (which you do not clearly understand) was not easy and the learning curve was high. It was messy but I feel a lot problems with the league have been ironed out over the last 2 seasons despite people's "crusades" to destroy it for their own personal reasons.

An effort was made by the teams to keep the league alive so we would have something to play. Then, when Hellcats collapsed under the weight of all the BS, Contact led by Phil took up the cause to run the league. I'm not sure what your crusading for Scotty other than a personal vendetta against Tony Conesa, Joe Vuica, Phil Veatch or myself, Eric Gonzales.

I've tried to be your friend on numerous occasions and you talk **** behind people's back. I even bought a hopper from you once.

I think there are two types of people in the world. People who take action and make something happen, even if they fail or face hardship doing it and people who throw stones.

With regards to Phil using it to fund Contact, that is exactly what Bosch was using it for to fund Elevation so why is there a problem with that? If you had any idea what it takes to run a league, even a small league, you would understand that some form of compensation is very necessary. But you haven't, you have the luxury of sitting somewhere far off, talking crap behind people's back, ruining a good chance the state had to increase its paintball competitiveness and acting like "the cool guy" while doing it... bro.

The truth is, you don't really know what you are talking about, you could never run a league yourself and you think your good at paintball. Which is fine, I still think your a cool guy. Heck I even admire your dedication to your "crusade". Long after you've moved on and quit paintball, we will remember you. Always. We have a special place, just for you. You will shape us into what we will become and what we will do.

www.hellcatpaintballaz.com
CORNELL CONSTRUCTION INC.
www.cornellconstructioninc.com

Last edited by MaxPower1272 : 03-20-2013 at 01:42 PM.
MaxPower1272 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups