Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2013, 01:00 PM #22
griffyn17 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
griffyn17 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteGeek91 View Post
Wow OP, I hope one day you're cornered by some guy who breaks into your home, then remember that you don't like handguns to protect your family..

Some people..
I've seen your comments everywhere in the past day and frankly all of them make you sound stupid. Cute selfie as your dp btw
griffyn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:08 PM #23
gmore70
gmore70
 
gmore70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
gmore70 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffyn17 View Post
I've seen your comments everywhere in the past day and frankly all of them make you sound stupid. Cute selfie as your dp btw
Its okay. I live in Canada. Completely different gun culture. Im used to people not understanding the differences between our 2 countries. But thanks for you assistance with this guy.
gmore70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:13 PM #24
gmore70
gmore70
 
gmore70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
gmore70 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteGeek91 View Post
Wow OP, I hope one day you're cornered by some guy who breaks into your home, then remember that you don't like handguns to protect your family..

Some people..
Please look below my name and then note I live in a different country than you. I never EVER! tell an American how to live...that would make me a rude Canadian. And there are enough rude Canadians to go around.

I would appreciate if you can reciprocate and be tolerant that other countries have a different culture that you.

Also, note I never say YOU should not own a gun. That would be me forcing my opinion on you. You might want to learn to accept other people are not you.

Finally, I have never ever locked my doors in my 42 years of existence and I have never ever had anyone ever break into my house. I live in a city with 2.5 million people that only records a totally of 11 murders in a year. So yay, I feel very safe where I live.
gmore70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:48 PM #25
FalconPunchKid
UNKOWN
 
FalconPunchKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: St. Louis
Annual Supporting Member
FalconPunchKid is BST Legit
FalconPunchKid is playing at Living Legends VII
FalconPunchKid plays in the APPA D4 division
FalconPunchKid supports DLX Technology
FalconPunchKid supports Empire
I would have left the political views out of your videos. It simply leads to debate. Worthless debate that will achieve nothing more then hurt feelings.
__________________
⚓US NAVY⚓
They call me "DOC"
PROUD LUXE OWNER

Anthony Antle
FalconPunchKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:26 PM #26
gmore70
gmore70
 
gmore70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
gmore70 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconPunchKid View Post
I would have left the political views out of your videos. It simply leads to debate. Worthless debate that will achieve nothing more then hurt feelings.
I disagree. What is the goal of the video? It is to convert parents that dont want their kids to play paintball.

The number 1 reason a parent will not let their kids play paintball is that they are shooting people with guns. AND! the parent hates guns.

This video is stickied on forums in the UK, Australia, Canada, Europe and New Zealand. In all of these countries there are relatively extremely strict gun control laws. As such paintball is consider equal to that of guns. And parents will not let the kids play.

I very clearly state that the point of me making that comments is to say that its not a matter of where you sit on guns. Its own sport.

I am also very aware that in the US for some - because of the polarizations of the political debate in the US - this is also very true. I have heard directly from these parents in the US who have a similar opinion and where happy that I pointed out the fact that where you are in the gun debate doesnt affect if you should play paintball.

This video is over 6 months and I have heard from lots of parents and children that I have converted them to let the kids play paintball.

So I have achieved my goals.

The great thing about paintball is it brings together people who have different views. I am comfortable with that .
gmore70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:33 PM #27
FalconPunchKid
UNKOWN
 
FalconPunchKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: St. Louis
Annual Supporting Member
FalconPunchKid is BST Legit
FalconPunchKid is playing at Living Legends VII
FalconPunchKid plays in the APPA D4 division
FalconPunchKid supports DLX Technology
FalconPunchKid supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmore70 View Post
I disagree. What is the goal of the video? It is to convert parents that dont want their kids to play paintball.

The number 1 reason a parent will not let their kids play paintball is that they are shooting people with guns. AND! the parent hates guns.

This video is stickied on forums in the UK, Australia, Canada, Europe and New Zealand. In all of these countries there are relatively extremely strict gun control laws. As such paintball is consider equal to that of guns. And parents will not let the kids play.

I very clearly state that the point of me making that comments is to say that its not a matter of where you sit on guns. Its own sport.

I am also very aware that in the US for some - because of the polarizations of the political debate in the US - this is also very true. I have heard directly from these parents in the US who have a similar opinion and where happy that I pointed out the fact that where you are in the gun debate doesnt affect if you should play paintball.

This video is over 6 months and I have heard from lots of parents and children that I have converted them to let the kids play paintball.

So I have achieved my goals.

The great thing about paintball is it brings together people who have different views. I am comfortable with that .

Letting them know how safe the sport is, is what was important. It may be just my tale but the political views just gives a chance for someone to disagree with you. You can't disagree with stats and cold hard facts. Again I just think its not needed.
__________________
⚓US NAVY⚓
They call me "DOC"
PROUD LUXE OWNER

Anthony Antle
FalconPunchKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:34 PM #28
gmore70
gmore70
 
gmore70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
gmore70 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconPunchKid View Post
Letting them know how safe the sport is, is what was important. It may be just my tale but the political views just gives a chance for someone to disagree with you. You can't disagree with stats and cold hard facts. Again I just think its not needed.
I can agree with you. And I do acknowledge that I over stated my opinion. I wish I could edit that statement, but its up on youtube, so its done. And really, less than 5 people have ever complained.

But we have to address - straight on the nose - that of those parents who will not let their kids play paintball it is because the parents dont like guns.

Dont forget, outside of the US, thats like 80% of all parents. As well, from the news I pick up here from the US, there is large minority in the US that feel the same.

If we dont address the #1 reason parents will not let their kids play paintball because we are worried a small group will let their personal feelings get hurt, well then, we will never have pro paintballers making enough money to pay the bills and never have the opportunity to see the sport on an international stage like that of the olympics.

But anyways, this is a great conversation. I really have come to appreciate how important guns play a role in your democracy. Its very interesting.
gmore70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:57 PM #29
gmore70
gmore70
 
gmore70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
gmore70 posts videos on PbNation
Please Note:

I have updated the original video based on feedback posted here.
I will be working on another version of this video for us living in Canada, Australia, UK and Europe who have to live in countries that shun guns.

It will address how we are singled out as bad people for playing paintball.
gmore70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:38 PM #30
bejones1
 
 
bejones1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lansdale, PA
I think this is awesome. I started playing paintball when I was 11, now I'm 24 and still love it. But when I was 11 there was no such thing as Youtube or barely the internet for that matter. I wish that I had something like this to show my parents though.

Keep up the good work man!
bejones1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:00 AM #31
vesparider
 
 
vesparider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Doo Duh!
vesparider has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider supports DLX Technology
This is how I support my 14 year old son. I make available anything he needs to be successful at it.

Www.taz72.webs.com
__________________
Midwest True Young Gun
Graffiti Paintball
vesparider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:07 PM #32
ibunkerupwnd
it was all for lolz
 
ibunkerupwnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
ibunkerupwnd supports Team VICIOUS
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I say just encourage your friends with kids to try paintball
__________________
THERE IS A FAT KID ON EVERY PAINTBALL TEAM. IF YOU ARE THAT FAT KID, PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG
HK Army
ibunkerupwnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:05 AM #33
7paintball
7paintball•Everything pb
 
7paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lockport, IL
7paintball is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmore70 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am SO!!!! tired of other parents not letting their kids play paintball. Sure they will let their kids sit at home and get fat playing Halo, COD, etc, but oh no, paintball is bad because they are playing with REAL guns.

I made a couple of videos to put things right. BUT!!! I want to do more...Any thoughts. Any video ideas...let me know.

Any unreal concerns that as a parent I can address directly to the parents. Let me know.

Here are the videos for reference.
Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwyFxZD81jk New version of video as of January 30, 2013
Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zMN6BHc4pw
Just keep telling your friends how much fun you and your kids have and that will go a long way!
__________________
7paintball - All Things Paintball
1143 E 9th Street
Lockport, IL 60441
1.815.588.1777

7pbA wants to buy your used gear!

Certified Planet Eclipse & Tippmann Tech Center
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump