Community Focus

Old 02-16-2013, 06:53 PM #1
I'm Batman
Total Noob w/ Good Gear

I'm Batman owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I'm Batman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm Batman has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Just got into the RC hobby and now I fear it will bankrupt me! LOL

Yeah just last weekend, after doing some research, I went to my local hobby shop, which is actually just an RC shop, interested in a nitro. But after some talking with the guy there, I decided on an Electric. So I walked out with a Traxxas Slash 2WD Raptor with a brushed motor. I've been having a blast playing with it, though and picked up some more batteries and racers edge peak charger.

But I still want a nitro to play with, I do. I like to tinker and would probably enjoy cleaning and tuning the Engine, but I don't want to drop a fat wad of cash on something I will likely use less than my Raptor. I looked at the Exceed Nitros that Nitrorcx.com has and have seen some mixed reviews of them. The guy at the hobby shop told me its not so much that they are bad cars, but getting parts for them can be tricky.

Any of you have an opinion, as I am just looking for a low-end nitro to tinker with for less than 200 hopefully.

Just wanted a change so I changed names. Still the same ol' me, though.
NEW FEEDBACK
New Old Feedback
Old Old Feedback

Total Feedback: 19+/0-
I never finish anthi...
I'm Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2013, 12:22 AM #2
wakealot

Buy name brand and stick with electric. They have a lot more power.
wakealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:40 AM #3
Man of 5lay

Man of 5lay has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'd also recommend staying with electric too. Less maintenance, unless you enjoy doing that kind of stuff.

If you are going to buy a nitrorcx car, buy parts like a-arms and carriers that are most likely to break whenever you have the chance or they're in stock. Finding parts can be difficult
Man of 5lay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:23 AM #4
I'm Batman
Total Noob w/ Good Gear

Actually I checked out my local Craigslist, which hadn't occurred to me and found an excellent condition Jato 3.3 with chargers, starters, plug and everything it needs to run for 250. I am gonna check it out Saturday and the guy said he would run it for me and let me play and show me how everything works.

The electric is fun, I will have tons of fun with my Raptor, but I don't mind the maintenance and tinkering with stuff.

NEW FEEDBACK
New Old Feedback
Old Old Feedback

I never finish anthi...
Old 03-07-2013, 10:22 PM #5
BONUSBALL3R
One Nation D4 EPL!

BONUSBALL3R owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BONUSBALL3R plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Batman View Post
Yeah just last weekend, after doing some research, I went to my local hobby shop, which is actually just an RC shop, interested in a nitro. But after some talking with the guy there, I decided on an Electric. So I walked out with a Traxxas Slash 2WD Raptor with a brushed motor. I've been having a blast playing with it, though and picked up some more batteries and racers edge peak charger.

But I still want a nitro to play with, I do. I like to tinker and would probably enjoy cleaning and tuning the Engine, but I don't want to drop a fat wad of cash on something I will likely use less than my Raptor. I looked at the Exceed Nitros that Nitrorcx.com has and have seen some mixed reviews of them. The guy at the hobby shop told me its not so much that they are bad cars, but getting parts for them can be tricky.

Any of you have an opinion, as I am just looking for a low-end nitro to tinker with for less than 200 hopefully.
Hi, so the first time I ever wanted a nitro I went to r/c toy house, BIG MISTAKE. I took it out of the box and charger the battery for the electric start. Then I unplugged it and tried to turn it on, it started SMOKING REALLY BAD! I contacted r/c toy house and the guy who runs it I found out is like Arabian and could not write a clear email. Sent it back for a refund Luckily. Also I had looked at Nitro rcx and they are terrible! Look at their review on BBB here: http://www.la.bbb.org/business-revie...y-CA-100031949. As far as I know you cannot find a decent nitro for under $200. So I went with a Kyosho Mad force kruiser (great truck for around $370).
BONUSBALL3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:33 PM #6
bmharwell

I'd stick with anything Associated or Traxxas, parts easy to find, and good trucks and cars, get u a brushless motor and speed control for the electric, ull b glad u did
bmharwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:48 AM #7
I'm Batman
Total Noob w/ Good Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmharwell View Post
I'd stick with anything Associated or Traxxas, parts easy to find, and good trucks and cars, get u a brushless motor and speed control for the electric, ull b glad u did
Yeah I just got the Velineon motor and ESC for it the other day. It makes a difference, certainly I can see the difference in speed with just that. Some day I will switch to LiPO batteries, but not yet. The next thing I probably look at will be a crawler.

NEW FEEDBACK
New Old Feedback
Old Old Feedback

I never finish anthi...
Old 04-28-2013, 08:01 PM #8
Lampoon

I spent like $400 my first year in college on this crap. Barely had enough money to buy weed, but I had a lot of fun. Had a few helicopters. Broke a few is why I had more than one lololol
Lampoon is offline   Reply With Quote