Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-30-2013, 01:32 AM #1
ASAT Ninja

Question Questions about Bob Longs

So i recently picked up a Bob Long Rapper and kind of fell in love. This is, i know bugger all about Bob Longs. So im asking what do i do to pimp it out, upgrade wise? Any suggestions?
ASAT Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2013, 03:06 AM #2
aaaa1236
plop plop plop

aaaa1236 helped look for balloons
aaaa1236 is playing at Living Legends III
aaaa1236 is playing at Living Legends V
aaaa1236 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
What you could do?
Sc engine
Trigger you like
Barrel kit
4c eyes
Oled board

What you should do?
Buy paint and shoot it, the sc engine is nice but when i was looking for one they were freaking expensive and imo not worth it.

Depsite claims by others i dont believe 4 eyes do anything, maybe if you can throw a consistant 18-20 bps stream on semi which most cant.

Other stuff would be preference, and an oled board imo also not worth the price new.
aaaa1236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:25 PM #3
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaa1236 View Post
What you could do?
Sc engine
Trigger you like
Barrel kit
4c eyes
Oled board

What you should do?
Buy paint and shoot it, the sc engine is nice but when i was looking for one they were freaking expensive and imo not worth it.

Depsite claims by others i dont believe 4 eyes do anything, maybe if you can throw a consistant 18-20 bps stream on semi which most cant.

Other stuff would be preference, and an oled board imo also not worth the price new.
4c eyes are a solution looking for a problem. Sure, giving the gun the ability to track the ball as it falls into the chamber is arguably better, but there isn't really a need for it since breakbeam eyes work just fine.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:16 PM #4
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

has been a member for 10 years
Get a pressure tester. That is step one.

Everything else is personal preference. I too would recommend a new trigger. The SC engine gives you more efficiency but if you don't care about that then don't get it. OLED boards are also nice but they are very expensive and unless you play in different leagues a lot where you need to switch profiles back and forth I've found that OLEDs don't really provide that much more convenience.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:59 PM #5
NightKreeper

NightKreeper is a Supporting Member
NightKreeper plays in the PSP
NightKreeper plays in the APPA D4 division
I'd get a tadao board and pillow bolt
Planet Eclipse
G.I. Sportz
V-Force
Exalt
NightKreeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:17 PM #6
Pump Scout
A dream within a dream

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is playing at Living Legends VII
Pump Scout supports Team VICIOUS
Pump Scout is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
I'll second the pressure tester. Tough to set the gun up right without it.

For myself, I like having the 4c eyes, although I couldn't say I've ever known them to be an in-game help. I just like having the nice stuff.

Engines, there's the stock engine, which gives you the smoothest shot but not great efficiency. There's also the Supercharged engine, for better efficiency but sacrificing some smoothness. I've thought hard about moving to the SC engine, but I like how the stock engine shoots, and I can't carry more paint than I can shoot on a fill anyway.

My Darq came with a Violent trigger, and it really does feel nicer than my son's S-class stock trigger.

Boards, a Tadao is definitely nice to have. OLED if you want it, or just an LED works fine, too.

Barrel kit is something I've always thought any serious player should have. It does make a difference to match your barrel and paint, both in efficiency and accuracy. Which kit is, of course, personal preference. I like the Freak, but I also like the Empire Sniper barrel kit. Plenty of good sets out there beyond those as well.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote