PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 05:06 AM #589
dr.wingnutz
MW MW MW MW MW MW MW MW

has been a member for 10 years
If you could make a frame with a replaceable trigger guard (like on intimidators) that has options for single and double triggers that would be amazing. Why hasn't anyone done this?
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2013, 05:08 AM #590
dr.wingnutz
MW MW MW MW MW MW MW MW

With that being said make me a single trigger and guard for my 2k2 ST Timmy.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:59 PM #591
JKeisler

Annual Supporting Member
JKeisler plays in the PSP
JKeisler plays in the APPA D4 division
someone forgot to turn the flash on.
Keith Brown fan #30
http://www.ballbusters-paintball.com/
My Old account http://www.pbnation.com/member.php?u=180136
Old 02-17-2013, 04:06 AM #592
J4 Paintball
Commandant

Annual Supporting Member
J4 Paintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
For whichever reason, this gun is quiet. The layout has nothing really to do with it. The action is different then anything out there.

And don't take our word for it - Go Big, Paul, Tony and others have shot it, and they comment that it is quiet, smooth as butter, and stupid simple.

We imagine if you ask them, they will confirm what we said.

J4 Paintball on Facebook

‎"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."
~ R. Buckminster Fuller
Old 02-17-2013, 08:03 AM #593
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4 Paintball View Post
For whichever reason, this gun is quiet. The layout has nothing really to do with it. The action is different then anything out there.

And don't take our word for it - Go Big, Paul, Tony and others have shot it, and they comment that it is quiet, smooth as butter, and stupid simple.

Simply looking at the patent filings I would expect all of this to be true. Certainly in a few weeks we will all get to see it in action and go from there. The design, for my understanding, is one that has a lot of benefits.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:27 AM #594
JUJU
Eat it BEEOTCHES

Annual Supporting Member
JUJU is a founding member
JUJU plays in the PSP
JUJU plays in the APPA D4 division
JUJU supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4 Paintball View Post

Well that pretty much told me nothing. Pictures, videos are the only thing that matter now. I do believe you guys can possibly have a nice market but just saying these guys like it means nothing. Sorry to hate.

Contact me on deals for the new Vanquish or Impulse

KW Factory Paintball Team

KW Paintball Field Owner
www.kwpaintball.com
Old 02-17-2013, 09:45 AM #595
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Old 02-17-2013, 09:47 AM #596
General Cole
NLD Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
General Cole plays in the PSP
General Cole posts videos on PbNation
General Cole is an NCPA player
General Cole is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
General Cole is Boss
General Cole supports Empire
Just curious, but is there any word on the hall effect sensors application? I worked with them extensively for senior projects and was curious as to how you're going to use them.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:00 AM #597
Umami
AFK IRL

Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
The lower sound comes mostly from the enclosed bolt.
No, it doesn't. The primary mechanisms determining sound signature is operating pressure, differences in the way the valve opens and air flow. Just because Egos have been traditionally loud as **** doesn't mean its exposed bolt has much to do with it, it just makes an already loud marker sound louder.

Based on what I've seen and how the marker operates, I see little reason to doubt Josh's claims for sound signature.

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:02 AM #598
bulzeye

bulzeye is a Supporting Member
bulzeye donated to help Peyton Trent
bulzeye supports Team VICIOUS
bulzeye is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Cole View Post
Just curious, but is there any word on the hall effect sensors application? I worked with them extensively for senior projects and was curious as to how you're going to use them.
Here explains it in the thread

KILLA$ KREW
UnspokeN
Old School Feedback
Old 02-17-2013, 11:09 AM #599
General Cole
NLD Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
General Cole is Boss
I read the whole thread. Didn't see what I wanted.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:06 PM #600
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
Christian P has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
My $0.02...

A $1,200 to $2,000 marker is WAY over priced for this hobby. I have a hard time spending more than a $1000 on a marker that I'm going to shoot less than 50 days a year. A $1000 is at the top of most people's budget if not over. If it costs more than $400 in manufacturing costs, then it can't be priced for the masses. I was thinking this was a marker for more people but after reading, I think the targeted customer is that who can afford a Luxe, witch is 10% to 15% tops of the Paintball community.

I hope your company does well, but I think I got excited for what I thought would be priced as a Lincoln but looks to be priced like a Bentley.

Best of luck with the launch.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:15 PM #601
Umami
AFK IRL

Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian P View Post
My $0.02...

A $1,200 to $2,000 marker is WAY over priced for this hobby. I have a hard time spending more than a $1000 on a marker that I'm going to shoot less than 50 days a year. A $1000 is at the top of most people's budget if not over. If it costs more than $400 in manufacturing costs, then it can't be priced for the masses. I was thinking this was a marker for more people but after reading, I think the targeted customer is that who can afford a Luxe, witch is 10% to 15% tops of the Paintball community.

I hope your company does well, but I think I got excited for what I thought would be priced as a Lincoln but looks to be priced like a Bentley.

Since he hasn't given a price yet, this post is entirely premature. Possibly correct, possibly not, but premature either way.

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:51 PM #602
J4 Paintball
Commandant

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Pictures, videos are the only thing that matter now.
Since pictures and video are going to wait till PBE, like every other gun everybody is excited about (short of the VCOM), ours plus a few guns people don't even know about are also not being shown. I would think we are in the norm. Those will come out when we planned for them to, along with a teardown video, and maybe a history lesson of our past designs.

Part of the reason for a PBE launch is to get in contact with the media, let them get their hands on the gun and to shoot it, and to have it available for testing.

We are trying to answer as many questions as we can, without giving the gun away before it can be reviewed by other sources. We think that is a better way to introduce ourselves to the industry then say: dropping a press release saying our gun is the best and it shoots laser like and making a raft of claims and then not responding to anything.

We might be wrong on that. But we do suggest waiting on reviews if that is important to you, we suggest waiting on videos if that is important to you also. Shoot wait till it is in the marketplace and used for a while, that is really where we want our sells to develop. Which is kinda of opposite of what most companies do.

So why are we focused on a long game? We think this is the right fit a portion of the market place has been wanting. We feel that in the long run people will buy this gun, not because the initial marketing said it was the best gun 'evar', but the people they know and respect will say so.

We feel this is a rugged design, smooth and easy to maintain that people will trust to recommend.

Part of the reason we are not really worried about the less enthusiastic sorts; In the long run our products will speak for themselves. Right now all that has been released is a teaser. While we really enjoy the enthusiasm, it makes the really long days this last month has produced into a joy, just wait till the gun is out in the media, tested and shot.

J4 Paintball on Facebook

‎"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."
~ R. Buckminster Fuller
Old 02-17-2013, 01:05 PM #603
General Cole
NLD Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
General Cole is Boss
I'm an engineer with specific questions haha. So is the magnet mounted on the bolt or spool bolt pin carrier?
Old 02-17-2013, 02:07 PM #604
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
Christian P has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
Since he hasn't given a price yet, this post is entirely premature. Possibly correct, possibly not, but premature either way.
Just my input before they release a price.

I think paintball only grows if its affordable.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:33 PM #605
J4 Paintball
Commandant

Annual Supporting Member
General Cole -The magnet(s) are mounted in the bolt. We originally planned on a set in the piston, but the layout we ended up with the move to the bolt made sense.

J4 Paintball on Facebook

~ R. Buckminster Fuller
Old 02-17-2013, 03:39 PM #606
General Cole
NLD Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
General Cole is Boss
So the magnet is affixed to the bolt and the Hall is in the body between the bolt and ram? Or elsewhere? And I'm assuming your tracking the length and rate of bolt travel yes?
Old 02-17-2013, 03:40 PM #607
LockDown Zach
naughtydawgsfan11.

LockDown Zach plays in the PSP
LockDown Zach is an NCPA player
LockDown Zach plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian P View Post
My $0.02...

And guess what? No one cares what you think.
Xcape paintball.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:40 PM #608
PaulE2Cocker

PaulE2Cocker owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Cole View Post
So the magnet is affixed to the bolt and the Hall is in the body between the bolt and ram? Or elsewhere? And I'm assuming your tracking the length and rate of bolt travel yes?
Correct tracks forward and backward movement to make sure bolt makes a full cycle before returning back to rest

Quoted from the great Simon Stevens
"The freak is 15 year old technology and ideas. The idea that we havent learnt anything since then is ridiculous"
Old 02-17-2013, 03:48 PM #609
General Cole
NLD Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
General Cole is Boss
So in the case of a not 100% cycle the next cycle is corrected or does the sensor detect the delayed travel and open the dwell up a few points?

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.