PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-14-2013, 01:08 PM #64
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
No. The bodies issuing universal command and setting universal policy are those that best understand the universal issues and universal demands. The bodies issuing the local commands and setting local policy are those that best understand the local issues and local demands. I cannot think of anything more logical.

I could see an argument for the need for restructuring of power towards the local levels, but not for the simple dismantlement of hierarchical structures.
I'll try to put this as succinctly as I can. The managing of universals as they pertain specifically to the commons at the national level is not working. This is not trashing hierarchy. The state and federal government is better suited at policing rather than commanding. As it stands, local bodies really do not have the autonomy you think they do. Just think about federal funding and what that means for the local body.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2013, 01:16 PM #65
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
I think the relationship between universal and local is surely situational, is it not?
Hence the reason I am specifically discussing the commons.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:30 PM #66
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Firstly, the commons is far to broad a thing to be discussing specifically.

But, it seems as if we are at least agreeing in principle, right?
Old 02-14-2013, 01:34 PM #67
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Firstly, the commons is far to broad a thing to be discussing specifically.

But, it seems as if we are at least agreeing in principle, right?
Broad but definable and observable. Despite the fact that healthcare is a commodity, I consider it more in the realm of the commons than anything else which comes to mind.

We are. I'm only trying to caution against further centralization by using current failures as rough models. I have never been against national governments, but all things have their limits.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:09 PM #68
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Broad but definable and observable. Despite the fact that healthcare is a commodity, I consider it more in the realm of the commons than anything else which comes to mind.
If the balance between universal and local power is situational, then the commons, being "broad but definable", is hardly helpful, now is it?
Old 02-14-2013, 03:38 PM #69
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
If the balance between universal and local power is situational, then the commons, being "broad but definable", is hardly helpful, now is it?
The idea is that health care is not one of these situations where the national government needs to do much more than police. You could say power is being balanced but it would be more accurate to say it is a definition of proper roles.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:57 PM #70
scienceguy

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Still $177k median, not bad for 8 years of schooling and paid residencies.

http://bls.gov/oes/current/oes291062.htm
I think something isn't being captured in those statistics. Ill have to ask around, perhaps they are missing the cost of malpractice insurance? Like i said, I only know what I've been told by actual doctors. Maybe compensation the government sees takes into account other factors. I know at my work, they say they compensate me more than they pay me because they include health insurance and other benefits.
scienceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:43 PM #71
F1VENOM

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by scienceguy View Post
I think something isn't being captured in those statistics. Ill have to ask around, perhaps they are missing the cost of malpractice insurance? Like i said, I only know what I've been told by actual doctors. Maybe compensation the government sees takes into account other factors. I know at my work, they say they compensate me more than they pay me because they include health insurance and other benefits.
That's salary. Malpractice insurance is through the roof? This doctor disagrees and says he pays $3,000 a year in malpractice insurance. They may not be the Koch brothers but doctors make out decently well for what they do.

http://truecostofhealthcare.org/malpractice
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:51 PM #72
Murph1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Still $177k median, not bad for 8 years of schooling and paid residencies.

http://bls.gov/oes/current/oes291062.htm
reimbursement rates are going to go down the ****ter with obamacare which will kill off all owner operated clinics. It's a fact that medicaid patients cost doctors money to treat. Once they start putting in quotas for these types of patients doctor pay goes way down and hours worked goes way up.

What this means is everything will be big box clinics with government subsidies to stay afloat. There will be horrible queues and even worse care because doctors will be overworked and look at you like a number instead of a patient.

It's no hidden fact that obamacare will kill off private practice. It'll just be another uneven playing field created by the government and you and me will get worse care because of it....it will be like going to walmart to see your doctor.
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me

Last edited by Murph1329 : 02-15-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote