Advertisement
Old 02-15-2013, 04:37 PM #2
zackattack9909
Sucka Free Sunday

zackattack9909 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
zackattack9909 supports Team VICIOUS
zackattack9909 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Well, at first, I'd rent from the place I'm playing at a few times. Make sure you enjoy the sport enough to make the investment. There's nothing worse than buying all the equipment you need, then finding out that you don't like it very much.

The most important thing to buy first is a mask. You want a high quality mask, with a thermal lens, that won't fog up or break when shot. It's the most important part of your equipment, so don't skimp on a mask. It protects your face and eyes. You need those. I'd personally suggest a JT proflex, or, if you have a small face, a nice set of Dye i4's.

After that, I'd buy a nice high pressure air tank. You can buy a CO2 tank if you wish, but HPA is superior in almost every aspect. Almost all fields can fill them, however, most sporting goods stores (such as Dick's) won't fill it. I'd suggest getting an aluminum one from ANSgear or your local store for about $40 or so if you're starting off. You don't need a carbon fiber tank to play. Just stick with an aluminum one until you need to get a new one.

After the HPA tank, I'd get a nice hopper. I am personally under the belief that it's better to have a hopper than can give you a ball in the breech whenever you need one. Nothing is worse than shooting too fast and chopping because your hopper can't keep up. I'd personally suggest something like a Vlocity.

After you have your mask, HPA tank, and hopper, you can focus on your gun. For a beginner, a Tippmann 98C or a Spyder would work great. They are not very expensive, plus they will rarely break down. Plus, if it ever does break, someone at the field will know how to fix it because of how common they are.

Of course, you can also get a pod pack and some pods if you ever feel that you are running out of paint during games. They aren't too expensive, and they will allow you to reload during a match.

If you follow the order that I suggest, you should be pretty well off. You can always rent from the field, and not invest too much money if you have to. I'd still personally suggest buying your own mask, even if you rent your equipment. Better to be safe and comfortable on the field than have your mask fog up.

Most importantly, have fun. No amount of gear will make paintball worth it if you don't enjoy yourself.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:07 PM #3
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackattack9909 View Post
Well, at first, I'd rent from the place I'm playing at a few times. Make sure you enjoy the sport enough to make the investment. There's nothing worse than buying all the equipment you need, then finding out that you don't like it very much.

The most important thing to buy first is a mask. You want a high quality mask, with a thermal lens, that won't fog up or break when shot. It's the most important part of your equipment, so don't skimp on a mask. It protects your face and eyes. You need those. I'd personally suggest a JT proflex, or, if you have a small face, a nice set of Dye i4's.

After that, I'd buy a nice high pressure air tank. You can buy a CO2 tank if you wish, but HPA is superior in almost every aspect. Almost all fields can fill them, however, most sporting goods stores (such as Dick's) won't fill it. I'd suggest getting an aluminum one from ANSgear or your local store for about $40 or so if you're starting off. You don't need a carbon fiber tank to play. Just stick with an aluminum one until you need to get a new one.

After the HPA tank, I'd get a nice hopper. I am personally under the belief that it's better to have a hopper than can give you a ball in the breech whenever you need one. Nothing is worse than shooting too fast and chopping because your hopper can't keep up. I'd personally suggest something like a Vlocity.

After you have your mask, HPA tank, and hopper, you can focus on your gun. For a beginner, a Tippmann 98C or a Spyder would work great. They are not very expensive, plus they will rarely break down. Plus, if it ever does break, someone at the field will know how to fix it because of how common they are.

Of course, you can also get a pod pack and some pods if you ever feel that you are running out of paint during games. They aren't too expensive, and they will allow you to reload during a match.

If you follow the order that I suggest, you should be pretty well off. You can always rent from the field, and not invest too much money if you have to. I'd still personally suggest buying your own mask, even if you rent your equipment. Better to be safe and comfortable on the field than have your mask fog up.

Most importantly, have fun. No amount of gear will make paintball worth it if you don't enjoy yourself.
I agree with everything said above, but sub the Vlocity for a Halo Too.
new ion? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:09 PM #4
zackattack9909
Sucka Free Sunday

zackattack9909 supports Team VICIOUS
zackattack9909 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
I agree with everything said above, but sub the Vlocity for a Halo Too.
I would have said a Halo Too or Halo B, or even an Empire Scion, but a new player won't need that performance. Plus, they are a little more expensive. Either one would work. I just know Vlocity's are cheap and can take a beating.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:10 PM #5
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

I've just seen Vlocity's become a nightmare to deal with - i watched someone take it apart and couldn't get it back together.
new ion? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:18 PM #6
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
Vlocity's are nice for the price but they can be a nightmare, and they eat up batteries. A cheap Halo B, Invert Too, Scion, or even Pinokio hopper will do you just fine.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:50 PM #7
Kbug
Dookie

Kbug owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kbug has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Kbug supports Empire
I love my Pinokio. It's a little big for speedball sometimes, but great for woodsball.
Kbug is offline   Reply With Quote