PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-15-2013, 07:51 AM #1828
Dark Side
You will know the power

Annual Supporting Member
Dark Side is BST Trusted
I simply can't see the argument that because guns (read weapons/tools of any make) are bad and must be taken away to solve our problems that they have inevitably caused with there existence.

I was brought up on a farm and at a very young age taught gun safety and how to fire my Dad's .22 rifle. He set up a bunch of cans at about 30 feet and let me shoot at them from the bed of his truck using the side as a bench. I made the mistake of after shooting a few rounds, to let the rifle rotate and rest on my trigger finger. This caused the rifle to fire. No one was in the way or hurt (although I was chastised for my actions) but it has left a very clear memory from 25 years ago in my head on the dangers of a misused firearm.

My point is a gun like any other weapon is merely a tool. A tool that will not harm anyone if it is not picked up and used. Yes, the 20 round mags make it VERY easy to deal damage and harm; but it is still the user that makes the decision to pick up that gun to do so. If we, as a society were to make it so that a person were held accountable for their actions and in turn taught others of this idea; we would be far better off.

The analogy of DUI deaths to drivers on the road in my mind is sound. We license people to operate vehicles and have a minimum drinking age and plaster the laws on tv but people still choose to break this law for whatever reason. Hold them accountable. (I'd really like to see a anti texting while driving law but whatever)

Furthermore, outlawing types of weapons has shown to do nothing for the members of society that are the targets of this law. A quick search shows over 500 deaths during the year of 2008 in Chicago during the time when most handguns were illegal (I have to dig deeper to validate which guns were illegal). Prohibition is the perfect rebuttal to this. Did outlawing alcohol stop people from drinking? Not a bit, but it did do wonders for organized crime.

Do a search on laws across the world on what is illegal where and then search for crime in those areas dealing with said illegal items.

07/08 Ego Vici Board
Dust Black ShockTech AutoCocker snatch grip
Dark Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:21 AM #1829
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
http://news.yahoo.com/assault-weapon...111000176.html

Good article.

Ultimately, the people of America lose no matter what the outcome. Because, in all honesty, politicians have better things to be doing.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:19 AM #1830
zombieninja9999

zombieninja9999 is playing at Living Legends VI
zombieninja9999 is playing at Living Legends VII
zombieninja9999 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
zombieninja9999 supports Empire
any thing can be used as a weapon it does not salve any thing just to ban it. it just means there gona use something else instead and then that's gonna be banned as a endless cycle I bet soon there's gonna be a law that says no knifes bigger then 3in or some thing ridicules like that there is no point on banning guns when the criminals already have them
*\)\) copy bunny into your profile help him achieve world domination
zombieninja9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:01 AM #1831
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary

Stuff like this never happens...
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:42 PM #1832
Blake360

LOL more proof democrat politicians don't know anything about guns and yet make all the gun laws.

Her excuse is even more hilarious:

"The congresswoman has been working on a high-capacity assault magazine ban for years and has been deeply involved in the issue; she simply misspoke in referring to 'magazines' when she should have referred to 'clips,' which cannot be reused because they don't have a feeding mechanism," Johnson said."

Except that hardly any guns use clips anymore, and most of the ones that do can also be reused. So I have to wonder how you work on a magazine ban for years and not know the first thing about magazines.

Last edited by Blake360 : 04-03-2013 at 11:50 PM.
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:41 AM #1833
PaulE2Cocker

PaulE2Cocker owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Idk if this pics been posted to lazy to scroll through but how can someone lobby for gun control and banning of unsafe weapons when they know nothing about gun safety.

Quoted from the great Simon Stevens
"The freak is 15 year old technology and ideas. The idea that we havent learnt anything since then is ridiculous"
PaulE2Cocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:07 AM #1834
Cat Scratch Fever!
Wang Dang Sweet Poontang

She looks cool with that AK.
Cat Scratch Fever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:07 PM #1835
custar

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Scratch Fever! View Post
She looks cool with that AK.
She looks like she is about to have a "Say hello to my little friend" moment.

custar

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

Looking for Action Markers Diadem Tanks for sale

Old feedback thread
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:34 PM #1836
Blake360

Quote:
Obama:
Now, over the next couple of months, we’ve got a couple of issues: gun control. (Applause.) I just came from Denver, where the issue of gun violence is something that has haunted families for way too long, and it is possible for us to create common-sense gun safety measures that respect the traditions of gun ownership in this country and hunters and sportsmen, but also make sure that we don’t have another 20 children in a classroom gunned down by a semiautomatic weapon -- by a fully automatic weapon in that case, sadly.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-...n-francisco-ca
No surprise Obama doesn't know the difference between semi and fully automatic. I haven't seen a democrat that does. Or he's trying to mislead fellow democrats who don't know the difference between semi and fully automatic either, which would be no surprise as well given his history as a pathological liar.

Last edited by Blake360 : 04-04-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:30 PM #1837
justicexd
mowing faces since '83

Obama knows the difference... Like always, he's just telling little lies.

Isn't it funny how 60 Minutes is going to have those poor parents from Newtown on their program just days before the vote by the Senate. Nothing like a little propaganda from a so called news organization.
justicexd is offline   Reply With Quote