Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 04:46 PM #526
Kazer

has been a member for 10 years
Kazer supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4 Paintball View Post
Strap: google "Ydna Husher Pbnation" and you should find a link to one done by him in 2006. Really quiet, hence the name.

At that time my patent was already applied.
I will help the lazy - http://www.zdspb.com/media/video/husherimpulse1.wmv
Old 02-14-2013, 04:46 PM #527
D1PP1N

Annual Supporting Member
D1PP1N has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
D1PP1N has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
D1PP1N supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Paul - might shoot a video this weekend, if the new camera makes it in. It will be a coldish weekend, but that might be fine. I will hit you up if it does.
Please do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1PP1N View Post
J4 since you named your marker the torque.....do you prefer foot pounds or newton meters? Seems like every country but the USA uses Nm's but imsticking with ft-lbs as long as possible.
^^
Quote:
Since you guys are close: the next intended models covered by the patent are 'Diesel' and 'JP-8' for the milsim variant of it.

Kinda had a feeling about this having to do with engines. I actually work in diesel engine industry. I do R&D and prototype diesel engine testing/calibration for a major diesel engine manufacturer.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:59 PM #528
papaintballer15
Ya, thats me at your base

Annual Supporting Member
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends V
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends VII
papaintballer15 supports Bob Gurnsey
papaintballer15 posts videos on PbNation
papaintballer15 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
papaintballer15 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
I wanted to chime in with some thunder about my plymouth.. then I remembered its torque in the discussion.. not horsepower
Old 02-14-2013, 07:37 PM #529
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazer View Post
Its just a video of it shooting, it could be a stock impulse for all it tells us. I posted a picture of the design, which I think tells people a lot more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
Old 02-14-2013, 10:21 PM #530
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

i've seen that video countless times... and i'm just realizing how inefficient that design layout is space wise. The valve chamber is TINY...

WTB CAM DRIVE

Shocker Owners

Jack Wood:
And I think that if you think something is bull****, you have every right to say you think it is. Just because bull**** is the norm doesn't mean it stinks any less.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:46 PM #531
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
This was the version I came up with to fit in a Spyder AMG back in 04-05. I've got a CAD drawing on the desktop somewhere that's a little cleaner and more precise. This version was fully balanced with a dump chamber. The ram housing would be two pieces.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:03 PM #532
J4 Paintball
Commandant

Annual Supporting Member
J4 Paintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
do you prefer foot pounds or newton meters?
For simplicity with paintball gear, in*lbs.

In a full 69/45 tank, about 300,000 in*lbs. Per shot for a normal gun, 225in*lbs.

Just multiply the area in the tank by the pressure. Same with all the internal areas, but also if you remove what your gun runs at, say 200psi * 68ci, then remove that from the total of 300,000in*lbs of available energy, divide the remainder of the energy but the number of shots you get, and you can figure out the energy usage of your gun.

in*lbs keeps it simple.

J4 Paintball on Facebook

‎"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."
~ R. Buckminster Fuller
Old 02-15-2013, 09:34 AM #533
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy2 View Post
This was the version I came up with to fit in a Spyder AMG back in 04-05. I've got a CAD drawing on the desktop somewhere that's a little cleaner and more precise. This version was fully balanced with a dump chamber. The ram housing would be two pieces.
I like how yours cuts off the air, however, it is possible to get better efficiency by timing the opening and closing along flow rates.(basically how I understand the shocker's eigen bolt works)

So, instead of having a dump chamber that empties(so the pressure goes down as the dump chamber empties) a set amount of air, you have a perfectly timed flow amount that keeps the air at the operating pressure, which is slightly more efficient as long as you can time it right and not have it open too long.

However, its not easy to do, since a lot of little things: Oring size, type of lube used, reg recharge, temperature; all have a huge effect.

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 02-15-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:47 AM #534
killmax101
sXe

Annual Supporting Member
killmax101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
killmax101 posts videos on PbNation
killmax101 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
killmax101 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
killmax101 is Legendary
killmax101 supports DLX Technology
killmax101 supports Empire
This new gun has sparked all kinds of diccussion eh.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:05 AM #535
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
I'm more interested in the theory behind the gun than I am the actual gun, not that I'm not interested in the gun. But, I think we've talking and broken down all we are going to get out of the gun, no point in discussing how much it will cost or what bells and whistles its going to come with, since J4 seems to be rather tight lipped.
Now I think we should try and move the conversation into a more general direction of the theory behind stacked tube spools rather than focus on the torque's features.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:10 AM #536
PaulE2Cocker

PaulE2Cocker owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Ease of maintenance, assembly, and field problems while still maintaining a quality performance is the theory behind it I believe.

Quoted from the great Simon Stevens
"The freak is 15 year old technology and ideas. The idea that we havent learnt anything since then is ridiculous"
Old 02-15-2013, 10:11 AM #537
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
WildWayz works for a Paintball manufacturer
Don't forget, if you forget to buy her flowers, she won't leave you for another hand...
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/j4paintballeurope
Old 02-15-2013, 10:13 AM #538
PaulE2Cocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWayz View Post
Don't forget, if you forget to buy her flowers, she won't leave you for another hand...
Did this happen to you

"The freak is 15 year old technology and ideas. The idea that we havent learnt anything since then is ridiculous"
Old 02-15-2013, 10:14 AM #539
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
Thankfully no... we agreed no flowers needed.

However, I go through markers faster than socks when I was a pubescent kid

As for the wife, great Valentine's Day! I had steak!
Old 02-15-2013, 10:14 AM #540
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE2Cocker View Post
Ease of maintenance, assembly, and field problems while still maintaining a quality performance is the theory behind it I believe.
No, that is the reason it is made.

Theory: a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena

EDIT: I don't have to worry about my girlfriend leaving me, she is attached to my arm.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:22 AM #541
PaulE2Cocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post

EDIT: I don't have to worry about my girlfriend leaving me, she is attached to my arm.
So you mean your gf name is palmala handerson.

Last edited by PaulE2Cocker : 02-15-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:29 AM #542
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
So you mean your gf name is palmala handerson.
bingo

It is a slow day at work
Old 02-15-2013, 10:32 AM #543
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

Quote:
I'd tend to agree with this.

I'm also thinking that the advantage of having the valve and drivetrain in the bottom tube is that you are keeping people out of somewhere they don't need to be on a regular basis.

for maintenance after a day's play, all you have to do is pop the bolt off, run a pull thru and you're done.

With a DM, you'd have to remove the entire valve assembly, giving access to all those orings that could get rolled or what have you.

To me it seems like an easy way to help stupid proof the gun.

Think how Planet moved the rear frame screw into the frame, making you open up the grips and make sure everything was unplugged before taking them apart. This happened after a pro paintballer (I wanna say Nicki Cuba for some reason...) brought them a gun at an even with the solenoid and eye wires sheared off cuz they forgot.

PS - Josh/Tony (not sure who's behind the corporate account) I love the website.

WTB CAM DRIVE

Shocker Owners

Jack Wood:
And I think that if you think something is bull****, you have every right to say you think it is. Just because bull**** is the norm doesn't mean it stinks any less.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:37 AM #544
PaulE2Cocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by new ion? View Post

I'd tend to agree with this.

I'm also thinking that the advantage of having the valve and drivetrain in the bottom tube is that you are keeping people out of somewhere they don't need to be on a regular basis.

for maintenance after a day's play, all you have to do is pop the bolt off, run a pull thru and you're done.

With a DM, you'd have to remove the entire valve assembly, giving access to all those orings that could get rolled or what have you.

To me it seems like an easy way to help stupid proof the gun.

Think how Planet moved the rear frame screw into the frame, making you open up the grips and make sure everything was unplugged before taking them apart. This happened after a pro paintballer (I wanna say Nicki Cuba for some reason...) brought them a gun at an even with the solenoid and eye wires sheared off cuz they forgot.
The shearing wires will always happen until a wireless setup or board gets a prong setup like the axe but even then ppl will still find a way to bend break or incorrectly assemble parts stupid ppl aren't going anywhere just getting worse.
What you could do is make it as simple as possible and make it fool proof hence why they went with the HES sensors instead of having to time the gun via dwell and also making the lower tube 3 basic parts with minimal o rings.
Less chance of a screw up as well as if you do scew up it shouldn't be hard to figure out what you did wrong.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:39 AM #545
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

Quote:
The shearing wires will always happen until a wireless setup or board gets a prong setup like the axe but even then ppl will still find a way to bend break or incorrectly assemble parts stupid ppl aren't going anywhere just getting worse.
What you could do is make it as simple as possible and make it fool proof hence why they went with the HES sensors instead of having to time the gun via dwell and also making the lower tube 3 basic parts with minimal o rings.
We're making the same argument really.

I'm not denying the shearing of the wires won't always happen, but that was PE's way of helping to mitigate it.

WTB CAM DRIVE

Shocker Owners

Jack Wood:
Old 02-15-2013, 10:41 AM #546
PaulE2Cocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by new ion? View Post

We're making the same argument really.

I'm not denying the shearing of the wires won't always happen, but that was PE's way of helping to mitigate it.
Well Pe didn't do that on the csl s the frame only has one screw an it's reverse thread and attached to the body not the grip frame.

Closed Thread

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.