Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-14-2013, 10:35 PM #1
FlyOrDie117
Go Hokies!!!

Annual Supporting Member
FlyOrDie117 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
FlyOrDie117 supports Team VICIOUS
Question New to TM-15, have some questions.

I purchased a TM-15 for woodsball/scenario and now I'm looking to make some mods.

Does anyone offer aftermarket side picatinny rails? I noticed that the stock rails have a pocket in the back to fit the raised section on the body where the rail screws thread in. Does anyone else offer something like this? Are a black version of the TM-15 LE rails available for purchase? I don't like how fat the quad rails make the forend. A shorter style rail would give me room for my hand and a more streamlined feel.

Is anyone running a carbon fiber barrel on their TM-15? The gun feels surprisingly front heavy when held in one hand. It feels much better wtihout the stock barrel attached which makes me wonder if a CF barrel would make the gun balance better.

Last edited by FlyOrDie117 : 02-15-2013 at 04:42 PM.
FlyOrDie117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2013, 03:35 PM #2
TheEnglishGuy

You could try http://www.piranha-evil.com/tm15_parts.htm for replacement black rails. Feel free to call him, he often takes parts off and sells separately.

I did use some regular black rails on mine after I cut the shells down but had to drill a new hole and use a spacer nut in order for it to fit flush. The more you can use the existing holes though the better.

Original length TM-15 was too long to be comfortable for me, so I cut the shroud down before I had a chance to try a Carbon Fiber barrel on it. I can imagine that a thinner or CF barrel would help make the front lighter though.

English
TheEnglishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote