Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-14-2013, 06:05 PM #22
Roninwarrior7

Question, my friends use i4's and one of them took a shot to the mouth area. Apparently I guess due to how close the mask sits to the nose/mouth area and how it flexes a ball hit him in the lips and they went numb for 15-20 min.

Is this less of a problem on the Profits or is it similar to the i4 in terms of how flexible/close to the face the mask is? I was sort of leaning towards the Profits as I have a longer face and they seem much more comfortable.
Roninwarrior7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2013, 06:11 PM #23
Bosch
BST lurker

Bosch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bosch has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ronin, both the profit and I4's are pretty close to your mouth. if you want clearance try proflex or E-flex masks. I think paint is less likely to get into your mouth with profits because the holes are smaller on the profits, but the trade off is breathing. Its much harder to breath in profits than I4's, while also extremely padded and comfortable the profits can also heat up quite quickly. If you play in a hot region this is not always fun.
Bosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:52 PM #24
Roninwarrior7

Yeah, I'm in a colder region. I'll check those out as well. Thanks.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:06 PM #25
Kbug
O.M.G.

Kbug owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kbug supports Team VICIOUS
Kbug has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Kbug supports Empire
I wouldn't get the Profits. I've seen to many people with cracked lens and flaking paint. I'm a flex fan, and I've never had a problem with them.

Kbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:17 PM #26
Bosch
BST lurker

Bosch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bosch has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roninwarrior7 View Post
Yeah, I'm in a colder region. I'll check those out as well. Thanks.
for what its worth I had profits, and sold em to get some e-flex's, the only reason I dislike proflex's was changing a lens was like thumb wrestling with Andre the Giant. Empire solved that problem in the e-flex. Another nice thing about the E-flex is if you have e-vent lenses already, they will fit. (avatar ones too I think). I do wear my Cam I4's for woods ball though. probably just in my head but I feel like the camo lets me peek corners....hahaha.
Bosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:43 PM #27
avengeddisciple

avengeddisciple owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
avengeddisciple has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roninwarrior7 View Post
Question, my friends use i4's and one of them took a shot to the mouth area. Apparently I guess due to how close the mask sits to the nose/mouth area and how it flexes a ball hit him in the lips and they went numb for 15-20 min.

Is this less of a problem on the Profits or is it similar to the i4 in terms of how flexible/close to the face the mask is? I was sort of leaning towards the Profits as I have a longer face and they seem much more comfortable.
I've taken paint straight to one of my vents. my picture shows it, I got paint in my mouth and a somewhat fat lip. this being at 20 ft. its going to happen with a lot of masks. I like my profits for comfort and awesome visibility. they can get really hot if you are a heavy breather. but like others said here, pick your poison each mask has advantages.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:00 AM #28
Roninwarrior7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosch View Post
for what its worth I had profits, and sold em to get some e-flex's, the only reason I dislike proflex's was changing a lens was like thumb wrestling with Andre the Giant. Empire solved that problem in the e-flex. Another nice thing about the E-flex is if you have e-vent lenses already, they will fit. (avatar ones too I think). I do wear my Cam I4's for woods ball though. probably just in my head but I feel like the camo lets me peek corners....hahaha.
Yeah, the paint wearing on the slys is another thing. Not that it matters but if they skimped on that it's like where else did they skimp. (Surely not on the packaging it comes in ) I'll take a look at those as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengeddisciple View Post
I've taken paint straight to one of my vents. my picture shows it, I got paint in my mouth and a somewhat fat lip. this being at 20 ft. its going to happen with a lot of masks. I like my profits for comfort and awesome visibility. they can get really hot if you are a heavy breather. but like others said here, pick your poison each mask has advantages.
Yeah, for sure. That was one thing that sort of shook me a bit about those masks, then again we were playing woodsball that day on 300fps which might have exaggerated that. Unfortunately there isn't a mask that hits it out the park on all fronts. You have to sort of give up on one thing to get on the other and vice versa.

I might have to hit up a pro shop and try them out to decide.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:23 PM #29
cckynv
Cody

cckynv is playing at Living Legends VI
cckynv supports Team VICIOUS
cckynv posts videos on PbNation
cckynv has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
So I got a chance to try on i4's yesterday, and while they weren't as comfortable (imho) as my Profits, I'm planning on getting a pair anyways. They're so light that it felt like nothing was on my face, and they had great breathability. Really liked them.

MacDev Militia
cckynv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:34 PM #30
tadams631

Go with the i4 its lighter and you have better periphial vision..call punishers pb and they will give you the lowdown of the pros and cons of each mask and you will receive it within two days ...