Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-13-2013, 09:11 PM #1
TS4life

Invasion vs other poppets in same range

Please only post if you have had experience with the marker you choose and give the reasons. I am in search of a new poppet and the 2012 Invasion is looking pretty nice... But would like to hear some opinions based on what you've used and would compare the Invasion to (If you've used it). My price range is no more than 600 and would like to buy new.

Dangerous Power FX excluded because I sold mine
TS4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2013, 11:07 PM #2
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
BurningPlaydoh has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Used 2k11 G6R can be found for about the same price as the Invasion.
BurningPlaydoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:31 PM #3
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
What other new poppet marker is in that range other than the Etek? I'd take an invasion over an etek but I'd much rather have a gently used 2011 G6R from a reputable seller than either.
benzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:02 AM #4
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy2 View Post
What other new poppet marker is in that range other than the Etek? I'd take an invasion over an etek but I'd much rather have a gently used 2011 G6R from a reputable seller than either.
Possibly an ego 11. Ego 10 for sure. Axe.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:22 AM #5
MOTORHEAD

I have owned an Alien since October and it shoots great! Get it tuned up right and you're golden! Minimal kick, very efficient, and never any issues with chops. I even run mine on an SLP!

Despite what some say about the "sweep technology", I really see a difference and enjoy it. Seems like balls have more of a kind of backspin that makes the trajectory seem very smooth and accurate.

Also, you can rotate the grip frame on the front screw axis and air her up with all of the internals exposed to make finding leaks extremely easy. Assembly is a breeze, and troubleshooting is very basic. No internal hoses!

Jack is also top notch on customer service. Call the shop directly and talk to the owner and designer 1 on 1. Can't get better than that!

One downside is the complete lack of aftermarket upgrades, though there is absolutely no need for any improvements on any Alien gun.

Compared to any other gun I have owned, the Invasion is by far the most user friendly and maintenance free. Lube her up once a season and she will be a workhouse weekend after weekend.

Last edited by MOTORHEAD : 02-14-2013 at 12:28 AM.
MOTORHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:55 AM #6
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dps093 View Post
Possibly an ego 11. Ego 10 for sure. Axe.
Those egos would not be new. The axe isn't really a poppet marker in the standard definition that comes with stacked tube poppet markers. Yes, it qualifies as a pressure controlled poppet, but that is a far different beast, for better or worse.

In the stacked tube poppet range while selecting from new markers, you really are left with the Invasion, the Etek, and the FX under your price point. If the group the Invasion seems to be a fairly clear cut winner....unless you like to sell markers often, in which it tends to take a hit in the used market value.

If you are considering used I'd go for a Vice or Protege unless you need macroless in which case I'd go with the G6R. I don't think you'll do wrong with the invasion but the vice/protege is dirt cheap now and are internally nearly identical to the current g6r. You get the best bang for the buck with them. I prefer them to the Egos I've owned/shot.
benzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:30 AM #7
FriendlyNudist

It looks like Zephyr Paintball has an orange Invasion in stock for $499. While its not the gun for me, it seems like like a pretty good deal.
FriendlyNudist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:46 AM #8
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyNudist View Post
It looks like Zephyr Paintball has an orange Invasion in stock for $499. While its not the gun for me, it seems like like a pretty good deal.
That's the price direct from alien too and on their website you can pick your own colors.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:48 AM #9
FriendlyNudist

Neat. I didn't know there was a price drop. I thought it was just old stock. Thanks for the heads up!
FriendlyNudist is offline   Reply With Quote