Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: How much are you willing to pay for a case of Paint?
35 32 19.16%
40 60 35.93%
50 64 38.32%
60 61 36.53%
70 21 12.57%
80 5 2.99%
90 1 0.60%
100 3 1.80%
150 6 3.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2012, 09:10 PM #148
Freedy500

Freedy500 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Good, that was a reasonable answer. Not everyone is like you of course, but being a competitive person myself, I can relate (although I do have the ability and desire sometimes to tone it down). But I also understand that there are many, many people who are not as competitive and don't want to participate in sports all hardcore. They just want to have fun, without the risk of serious injury and without feeling like they are going to be run over by a bunch of houligans. Being human, in my mind, means understanding that people are different and having compassion for others.

As a field owner, I know my refs and I cannot possibly watch every person and control every interaction between our guests (and please don't tell me other fields can, because I know they can't). So in my opinion, it's in everyone's best interest to have people with similar playing styles playing together, and on the flip side, keeping players with dissimilar playing styles apart, especially when it comes to intensity levels.

A field such as ours, with our pricing structure will keep the high intensity players away and will attract the lower intensity players. It works more or less automatically without any further manipulation needed. The lower paintball price structured fields will attract the higher intensity players and will keep most of the lower intensity players from going there, if there is a lower intensity field available (and if they know about it). Unfortunately for everyone, often times new players do not understand that there are different intensity levels and those players will go to the "cheaper" field because, well...it's cheaper (or so they think). Those are the players that will often not return for a second engagement. However, had they gone to the lower intensity field, they probably would have had a pretty good time. Those that thought it was good but would like to try an even more intense version, usually graduate to that at some point in the future. We've lost lots of players over the years to fields that provide a higher intensity level. Personally, that doesn't bother me, because I understand that everyone is different and there are going to be people who feel that what we provide is just a little too casual (or not extreme enough).
Perfect answer. If anyone argues against that then they are an idiot in my book. I think we should leave this thread at that no but seriously im tired of these BS arguments. I cant believe I was against someones way of life and how people prefer things differently in different places.

Just got to remember not everyone is like you and you have to respect each others differences. This is this guys way of making a living and you are all insulting and criticizing it. so if its not an apology then lets leave it at that. I cant believe how hard headed some people can be .

BTW sorry for being against how you run everything reiner(?) Hope theres no hard feelings if we come in another thread in the future.
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2012, 09:15 AM #149
The_BOFH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Remember, paintball fields are in the business of providing entertainment, not selling little gelatin spheres. Those are just a tool we use to help provide the entertainment.
And the little gelatin spheres being any field's main income source is merely a fringe benefit, right?

Personally, I agree with the concept of paint prices influencing game style, and I would be willing to pay a little extra to play on a good field. However, I know two really nice fields in my area where I will play once a year (at best) because of their paint prices. Because if I can get two boxes of INKA Bioballs for $70, I don't want to be paying $280 for the same amount of the same paint just because the field doesn't allow BYOP - regardless of how much I shoot. I'd rather invest this money into a better equipment or more field play time.
“This is the substance of the Way of the Samurai: if by setting one's heart right every morning and evening, one is able to live as though his body were already dead, he gains freedom in the Way. His whole life will be without blame, and he will succeed in his calling.”
- Yamamoto Tsunetomo
The_BOFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:48 AM #150
universal_dave
TIP#001

Annual Supporting Member
universal_dave is playing at Living Legends VII
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
universal_dave has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
universal_dave has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_BOFH View Post
I'd rather invest this money into a better equipment or more field play time.
As long as you allow that not everyone thinks the same way you do...all is fine. I played with a large number of people over the years for whom mechanical semi-auto already was increasing the rate of fire past what they considered fun.

I think there's a fair number of people out there for whom a field that tilts itself towards a low volume of paint use would be a *lot* of fun.

Tim2Thousand4 is shady, his word doesn't mean anything. If you had a good experience with him, my opinion is that you got lucky.

GSL | CSL | SLS | SL8R | VCom | G6r | Insight | Victus | Lance #1
universal_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:42 AM #151
The_BOFH

Quote:
Originally Posted by universal_dave View Post
As long as you allow that not everyone thinks the same way you do...all is fine.
It would be stupid to assume everyone thinks the same way.
I still consider myself a beginner, though, so I do need at least a semi-auto to compensate for inadequate tactical and aiming skills while I'm learning
“This is the substance of the Way of the Samurai: if by setting one's heart right every morning and evening, one is able to live as though his body were already dead, he gains freedom in the Way. His whole life will be without blame, and he will succeed in his calling.”
- Yamamoto Tsunetomo
The_BOFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:49 AM #152
bushhog750

bushhog750 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ill never pay more than $50.00 for a case of paint. I pay $50.00 for valken redemption. If I can't buy paint for less than $50.00 im not shooting it. There are several other good lower grade paints that shoot good that I will buy before I spend more than $50.00. I shoot 1.5 - 2 cases on any given saturday or sunday so $100.00 a day on paint is my max.
bushhog750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:11 AM #153
universal_dave
TIP#001

Annual Supporting Member
universal_dave is playing at Living Legends VII
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
universal_dave has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
universal_dave has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_BOFH View Post
It would be stupid to assume everyone thinks the same way.
hehehe...and yet, quite a few people arguing in this and a related thread seem to be firmly convinced in the opposite direction.

Tim2Thousand4 is shady, his word doesn't mean anything. If you had a good experience with him, my opinion is that you got lucky.

GSL | CSL | SLS | SL8R | VCom | G6r | Insight | Victus | Lance #1
universal_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:06 PM #154
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedy500 View Post
Perfect answer. If anyone argues against that then they are an idiot in my book. I think we should leave this thread at that no but seriously im tired of these BS arguments. I cant believe I was against someones way of life and how people prefer things differently in different places.

Just got to remember not everyone is like you and you have to respect each others differences. This is this guys way of making a living and you are all insulting and criticizing it. so if its not an apology then lets leave it at that. I cant believe how hard headed some people can be .

BTW sorry for being against how you run everything reiner(?) Hope theres no hard feelings if we come in another thread in the future.
Agreed.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:29 PM #155
Squigg23
Able was I ere I saw Elba

Thanks for posting this poll, I was interested in what folks expectations of prices were. Personally $40-60 would work for me.

Cheers
Old 02-14-2013, 08:29 AM #156
natepb96
Sneaky Sneaky

I would pay $100 for a case of really good paint. It will last me a month so it wouldn't be that bad, but for people buy 1 case a weekend I would be willing to pay 50 -60 for it.