Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-24-2013, 12:09 AM #1
CA_Tectonics

Torpedo and LPR o-ring substitute?

I've asked over on IOG but I'll ask here as well.....

Got another question for the Intimidator Gods here:

I'm rebuilding my torp and LPR on my Species but I don't have any of the -006 Teflon o-rings for the pin valves as the manual calls for (yep, I've read it several times Gamer ). I know regular old buna probably won't last long but I believe I have some spare polyurethane ones on hand for fixing tank fill nipple leaks. Will the poly o-rings work for the torp and LPR pin valves or do they need to be Teflon?

Thanks in advance.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2013, 12:55 AM #2
Add That
Fonzarelli McFly

Same size? Sure they will WORK.. Definately not recommended though.
Add That is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:20 AM #3
Mr. Stealthy

has been a member for 10 years
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Mr. Stealthy supports Ninja Paintball
They will work in a pinch but won't last as long. I recommend tracking down the correct o-ring but you could use the Buna ones in the meantime.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:30 AM #4
StyngRay2

are you talking about the regulator seat? If so, thats not an oring its a washer. and you dont want to use buna for it...and if your regs aren't creeping then keep the old ones.
StyngRay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:47 AM #5
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by StyngRay2 View Post
are you talking about the regulator seat? If so, thats not an oring its a washer. and you dont want to use buna for it...and if your regs aren't creeping then keep the old ones.
Yes, those Teflon reg seats. This brings up another question, will -006 teflon o-rings work as a replacement for those spacers/washers? Is Blast the only place to get those OEM spacers/washers if o-rings don't work?

I ask because I thought I saw on PBK's site -here- a pic that looks like just a -006 Teflon o-ring and not the yellowish-brown semi-transparent OEM part. I just want to get some feedback from those who may have had to replace the reg seat in the hpr or lpr.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 01-25-2013, 08:20 AM #6
StyngRay2

get the correct parts....call blast order 10 of them...save your self the hassle and do it the right way....
Old 02-13-2013, 09:22 PM #7
CA_Tectonics

Just thought I'd give a follow-up to this.

I can now confirm the comments above......turns out that standard -006 Teflon o-rings do not work as a replacement for the valve pin washers (despite what the manual alludes to). Tried one in the HPR and, at first, I thought I had blown my gauge I put on it, pegged it 300+ psi. De-gassed, shot off remaining air, backed out velocity adjustment screw, and tried again from 0 psi. Increased air in HPR then shot once.......as I then watched the needle on the gauge creep to over 300+ psi again (it's only a 300 psi gauge). Luckily I was using my LP tank and did not put a Teflon o-ring on the LPR pin. After I realized that the torp wasn't regulating the tank output pressure, put the old pin washer back in and creep problem fixed....and the gauge works fine.

Short version - -006 Teflon o-rings do not work as a replacement substitute for the OEM valve pin washers.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:32 PM #8
StyngRay2

Quote:
Quote:
get the correct parts....call blast order 10 of them...save your self the hassle and do it the right way....
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
Just thought I'd give a follow-up to this.

I can now confirm the comments above......turns out that standard -006 Teflon o-rings do not work as a replacement for the valve pin washers (despite what the manual alludes to). Tried one in the HPR and, at first, I thought I had blown my gauge I put on it, pegged it 300+ psi. De-gassed, shot off remaining air, backed out velocity adjustment screw, and tried again from 0 psi. Increased air in HPR then shot once.......as I then watched the needle on the gauge creep to over 300+ psi again (it's only a 300 psi gauge). Luckily I was using my LP tank and did not put a Teflon o-ring on the LPR pin. After I realized that the torp wasn't regulating the tank output pressure, put the old pin washer back in and creep problem fixed....and the gauge works fine.

Short version - -006 Teflon o-rings do not work as a replacement substitute for the OEM valve pin washers.
.....thought i said that.....^^^^ its a 006 washer not an oring....and its not teflon its polyurethane.....
Old 02-13-2013, 09:52 PM #9
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
.....thought i said that.....^^^^ its a 006 washer not an oring....and its not teflon its polyurethane.....
Yes you did. BUT, I also read the manual. Take a look for yourself. It says -006 Teflon. Anyway, now I know.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:04 PM #10
StyngRay2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
Yes you did. BUT, I also read the manual. Take a look for yourself. It says -006 Teflon. Anyway, now I know.
i know, i noticed that many years ago as well. it says teflon...but it also says polyurethane....it is polyurethane. not sure why they out the teflon part in there, must be a misprint.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:29 PM #11
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
i know, i noticed that many years ago as well. it says teflon...but it also says polyurethane....it is polyurethane. not sure why they out the teflon part in there, must be a misprint.

[IMG]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm15/StyngRay/SC20130213-200050_zpsc6bb2272.png[IMG]
Got me, just going by the 2k2 manual. Anyway, moral of the story that comes out of all of this is that, despite what the 2k2 manual says, don't use -006 Teflon o-rings for the LPR and HPR valve pins. They won't work.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:49 AM #12
lopez17
Valar Morghulis

Annual Supporting Member
lopez17 is a Moderator
lopez17 is a Supporting Member
lopez17 is playing at Living Legends VIII
lopez17 is playing at Living Legends IX
lopez17 supports Pev's Paintball
lopez17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
lopez17 supports Ninja Paintball
The 2K2 manual is a little off and has mistakes. It also tells you to adjust your velocity by raising your LPR. My recommendation is to call BLAST. They'll get you squared away.

lopez17 is offline   Reply With Quote