PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-26-2013, 10:22 AM #1
Djzapz
Aristocratic Nonchalance

Masks have always been a problem

Edit: My new question is that, I live in Quebec and I need to order a thermal lens from the US - could it damage it to leave it in the cold (in my PO box) for a couple of hours?

For as long as I can remember, I've had issues with my masks - I assume it's in part due to user error but man has it been difficult. I don't often get the occasion to play unfortunately which means that my gear has a tendency to sit around sometimes for extended periods of time.

Recently I pulled out ye olden Vforce Profiler to go play and the lens is beat up pretty badly, even though it was stored in its soft mask baggy. The saddest thing is, I had replaced it recently, that lens only did 2-3 games. The previous one did maybe 7-8 games before it was irredeemably scratched.

Not only my new lens is not perfectly transparent (because of the blemishes and scratches), I've ALWAYS had issues with it fogging up ridiculously fast. I can play maybe 2-3 games before it starts and when it does, it doesn't stop and I have to, well, control my breathing... which is well, sub-optimal, to say the least.

I've even resorted to using this aftermarket "grease" that you apply inside the lens so the fog can't adhere to the lens or whatever, with little success... I'm also told that it messes with whatever so called "anti-fog technologies". Anyway I dunno.

I'm thinking about picking up a new lens now (well, I have to), maybe I'd be better off not just grabbing the cheapest one. What do you guys suggest? Any other advice for fog and "lens care"? I've already determined that I should bring microfiber cloths with me for one, anything else?

If I can get this under control, it'll make paintball days a lot more pleasant for me. Cheers

Last edited by Djzapz : 01-27-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Djzapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2013, 10:30 AM #2
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
First of all, make sure to get thermal lenses. I'm not sure if they even make non-thermal lenses for the Profiler, but double check. Also, when your lenses fog up, take them out and rinse them in a mixture of water and dish soap when you get home. Your mask won't fog up so badly. You may also want to try some different masks, especially one of the JT's that come with a fan if your fogging still continues.
ElJefe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:32 AM #3
Apewar

Try going for a thermal lens. Also wrapping your lens in a microfiber cloth before you put it in your bag for storage could help save it from damage.

Or try a new mask that already has a thermal lens or one that breathes better.
Apewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:12 AM #4
Djzapz
Aristocratic Nonchalance

I guess it's not a thermal lens since it's a single hunk of plastic. And my local stores don't seem to stock thermal lenses for the profiler so I'd have to order one from the US, but it's winter and I suppose it's probably better not to have a thermal lens waiting in a PO box...

I'll see what I can do. Cheers! I'm still open to any advice
Old 01-26-2013, 01:04 PM #5
EvilPimp_
Where my money at???

I'm sure it would be fine sitting in a PO box. I have and love my i4s. They have never fogged on me. I have the smoke lens, and it is the most durable lens I have used to date. I've had Events, currently have Proto Axis, and Grill also. Still prefer the i4s. The Grill had issues with the older single pane Termocured lens, and maybe Profilers had the same issue back then.
EvilPimp_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:13 PM #6
Djzapz
Aristocratic Nonchalance

I'm from QC and we've had some -20 days, not to mention humidity. I'm not sure it would be that good to have it sitting in a PO box... but maybe that's just me being paranoiac. I dunno for sure though so =(
Anyone have a clue? =P

Last edited by Djzapz : 01-26-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:04 AM #7
jtguy2269
PL gun collector

has been a member for 10 years
Temperature will not affect your lenses while they aren't or are being used. I live in Michigan, and I use my gear all year round.
jtguy2269 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:13 PM #8
stupiddogg
I see bunkerd people.....

Annual Supporting Member
stupiddogg is a Supporting Member
stupiddogg works for a Paintball manufacturer
While Ill be the first to say nothing is 100%, all conditions come into play and vary by player.

feel free to give us a try Send a self addressed stamped envelope for a free sample. check my sig

Cheers,
D

stupiddogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:19 PM #9
justing66

justing66 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
try shaving cream on the inside of the mask. If you dont believe me, fog up your restroom and put it on the mirror. Fog gone. Done this for years.
justing66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:46 PM #10
joker12187
Axis

joker12187 plays in the PSP
joker12187 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
joker12187 plays in the APPA D4 division
^i wouldnt put anything like shaving cream on my mask...if anything man, youd probably have better luck going and picking up a brand new mask...almost all top of the line masks come with a anti fog lense...and since it seems like you 'breath heavy', i would recommend the jt proflex or the eflex..both are very comfortable, wont fog up, and have exellent ventilation

2013 Axis Red - MiLP D5 Race to 2 - 3rd Overall in Series
2013 Downfall - World Cup D5 Race to 2 - 7th Place
2014 Axis - MiLP D4 Race to 4 - 3rd Overall in Series

WTT Deadlywind 12in Carbon Fibur w/ full freak kit for a .688 Dye CF Boomy Back - PM if interested!

middletennesseepaintball.com
joker12187 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:33 PM #11
Super69ur
Silly Hats Only

get this

and this

Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate crap it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through the comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.

Last edited by Super69ur : 02-13-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Super69ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:07 AM #12
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Ducky Pump Squad

Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker12187 View Post
^i wouldnt put anything like shaving cream on my mask...if anything man, youd probably have better luck going and picking up a brand new mask...almost all top of the line masks come with a anti fog lense...and since it seems like you 'breath heavy', i would recommend the jt proflex or the eflex..both are very comfortable, wont fog up, and have exellent ventilation
Shaving cream works great. A new mask or new lens will help. Try the new thermal lens, they are suppose to be better. I wouldn't use plexus on Vforce lenses tho, they cant handle water and a micro let alone a chemical.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:25 PM #13
stupiddogg
I see bunkerd people.....

Annual Supporting Member
stupiddogg is a Supporting Member
stupiddogg works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super69ur View Post

get this

and this
my favorite combo :d

stupiddogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:36 PM #14
Super69ur
Silly Hats Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idiot Box View Post
Shaving cream works great. A new mask or new lens will help. Try the new thermal lens, they are suppose to be better. I wouldn't use plexus on Vforce lenses tho, they cant handle water and a micro let alone a chemical.
its plastic cleaner, a chemical specifically designed for this material. it works better than anything, and doesn't wreck anything. try b4 u bash, and if you aren't wiling to, at least assume that the guys who HAVEtried it before know a lil bit more than yyourself about how well it works.

Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate crap it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through the comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.
Super69ur is offline   Reply With Quote