Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-12-2013, 05:25 PM #1
Timb111111

planet eclipse grease in ninja reg

I know not to use oil in tanks but can I use planet grease in it?
Timb111111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2013, 06:13 PM #2
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass

aresfiend plays in the APPA D4 division
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Yes.
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:24 PM #3
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
As long as it's not oil based. If it smells like oil then don't use it. You want to use only silicone based grease in your regulator. It may say if it's 100% silicone based.
I'm going to have to bug my field to look at some, I keep forgetting to find out for myself if it's oil based or not. Mostly because it was recommended for spools, those greases tend to be oil based. All I've ever had around for years was Dow 33/55 and the occasional hatersauce.
If you're not sure, then be safe and don't use it until you find out.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:12 AM #4
Yeux
____

Yeux owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Yeux has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Yeux supports DLX Technology
Would also like to know the answer to this, but in reference to Lurker lube.
Yeux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:20 PM #5
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 is Boss
I would contact Lurker and ask. I'm not familiar with his grease.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

Old 02-13-2013, 03:51 PM #6
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
I'd skip it just for liability reasons, we blend in some lighter components.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:07 PM #7
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 is Boss
From the man himself.
Generally anything that is listed as 'synthetic' or has some 'synthetic' components listed in it then chances are there is some kind of oil based product in there. Also, I've found that greases listed as 'perfect for spool valves' or anything like that run a high risk of having something oil based in it. Before all these greases were available people would make 'Matrix Muck' which was, if I'm recalling correctly, a 3:1 or 4:1 ration of dow 33 and gold cup oil or some other paintball oil. You would get a tub and dump all your dow 33 in there and then pour your marker oil in and mix to thin it out. So all the 'spool valve' greases are usually thinned out with something and that something is usually an oil base.
The real sure fire way is to find packaging that says 100% silicone base on it. Dow 33 and Dow 55 are silicone based, even in the repackaged varieties. That's the best way to find out if it's totally safe for tank regulator maintenance.

Last edited by Tabris17 : 02-13-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:41 AM #8
Yeux
____

Good information The grease that comes with Empire Axes should work then right? I ..think that's just dow33?
Old 02-14-2013, 11:53 AM #9
CA_Tectonics

Wow - a lot of "can I use ______ in my tank reg" questions.

If I may put things into perspective here.......the cost of a little container of Dow 33 lube is very small compared to the cost of a marker, mask, tank, paint, and most importantly - a LIFE. Is it really worth putting your life, and possibly others around you, in jeopardy because you don't want to spring for a $5 - $10 tube of the correct lube? I know the answer for me is a loud and clear NO! I can guarantee that springing for a little container/tube of the correct lube for one's high-pressure air tank is worth every penny in safety and peace of mind. So, my advice is to head to your local PB store or favorite on-line source and please purchase the correct lube for your air tank reg. In most cases, the correct lube will be a 100% silicone grease such as Dow 33. Some tank manufacturers recommend other forms of 100% silicone grease, such as Crossfire. They recommend Dow 110 for their regulators. Check with the tank regulator's manufacturer as to what the correct lube should be and set your self up accordingly.

Sorry for the rant and I am glad people are at least asking instead of just blindly usig the incorrect lube.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:51 PM #10
Yeux
____

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
Wow - a lot of "can I use ______ in my tank reg" questions.

If I may put things into perspective here.......the cost of a little container of Dow 33 lube is very small compared to the cost of a marker, mask, tank, paint, and most importantly - a LIFE. Is it really worth putting your life, and possibly others around you, in jeopardy because you don't want to spring for a $5 - $10 tube of the correct lube? I know the answer for me is a loud and clear NO! I can guarantee that springing for a little container/tube of the correct lube for one's high-pressure air tank is worth every penny in safety and peace of mind. So, my advice is to head to your local PB store or favorite on-line source and please purchase the correct lube for your air tank reg. In most cases, the correct lube will be a 100% silicone grease such as Dow 33. Some tank manufacturers recommend other forms of 100% silicone grease, such as Crossfire. They recommend Dow 110 for their regulators. Check with the tank regulator's manufacturer as to what the correct lube should be and set your self up accordingly.

Sorry for the rant and I am glad people are at least asking instead of just blindly usig the incorrect lube.
I actually ordered Ninja's grease for this, but the place I ordered from sent me a substitute since they ended up being out of stock of Ninja's =/. Plus I think it's good to have these questions and answers here for people that will be searching for them in the future.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:04 PM #11
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeux View Post
I actually ordered Ninja's grease for this, but the place I ordered from sent me a substitute since they ended up being out of stock of Ninja's =/. Plus I think it's good to have these questions and answers here for people that will be searching for them in the future.
I agree that it is good for people to ask questions if they do not know what they are dealing with. As for the place you ordered from, . I'd call them up and set up a return and refund and explain to them the reason why you ordered what you did (to be used in a PB tank's high pressure regulator). Or, if you were planning on using the stuff that was sent to you for something else anyway, get yourself a little container/tube of Dow 33. It may be that the stuff you have may be used safely but I'm not 100% sure what is in it and it sounds like you don't either so why even take a chance.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is online now   Reply With Quote