Old 02-13-2013, 08:09 AM #1
Killer_Panda419
RAMPAGE!

Killer_Panda419 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Killer_Panda419 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Killer_Panda419 supports Team VICIOUS
Killer_Panda419 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Geo 3 or Luxe 2.0

Hey so I'm going to be making another marker purchase here soon but I'm stuck between getting a luxe 2.0 or geo 3. I owned a geo 2.1 and actually ended up trading it back in for an ego because I just didn't like the feel of it when I was shooting it. I'm not sure how comparable the 2.1 is compared to the 3? Then on the other end I have always admired a luxe by how sharp they look and the smooth shot that comes with them and how quiete they are. If anyone could offer a personal opinion of what they have noticed over the course of owning either one of these markers let me know your insight! Thanks all!
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2013, 08:10 AM #2
Killer_Panda419
RAMPAGE!

Also how comparable is it to access internals and maintenance of each gun. How do they compare for upkeep. Thanks!
Old 02-13-2013, 01:13 PM #3
jtguy2269
PL gun collector

has been a member for 10 years
they're both tooless designs to get into the internals so that is the same. As far as maintenance you will have to service the luxe more frequently, but will have a smoother shot in my personal opinion. If you want a marker you can toss in your gear bag get the geo, but if you want the higher performing marker go for the luxe.
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:21 PM #4
Molson48

Get the luxe for sure my friend! you won't regret it, as a matter o fact i just bought my self a second luxe 2.0 and could not be happier!
Molson48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:34 PM #5
Killer_Panda419
RAMPAGE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtguy2269 View Post
they're both tooless designs to get into the internals so that is the same. As far as maintenance you will have to service the luxe more frequently, but will have a smoother shot in my personal opinion. If you want a marker you can toss in your gear bag get the geo, but if you want the higher performing marker go for the luxe.
yea maintenance wont be a problem simply because I'm a freak when it comes to maintaining my markers especially when u think that your spending 1000 plus dollars you should make it last. Next question though. Would you think a Luxe could compare to something like a Clone GT or a Machine Vapor? I feel like those are almost imitators. i thought the luxe came first then the clone and vapor but I may be wrong.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:49 PM #6
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
The clone was the new version of the Droid. The GT is the newest clone. No imitation of the luxe. The vapor is a new design and looks similar, but so does an ego, timmy, and any other stack tube poppet.

Between the Geo3 and the luxe 2.0, the luxe will out perform the geo in just about every category. Only thing that I believe the Geo has over the luxe is the LCD board and the egronomics of the gun (how it feels in the hands). The luxe is a hit or miss for people and some people feel the luxe is too long. They will be about the same in efficiency, luxe will win in smoothness, both has great CS and are easy to maintain.

If you are buying new, you may want to look into the Clone GT. Just as smooth, sometimes smoother than the luxe, more efficient, just as easy to maintain, LCD board, and great CS and it is cheaper than the luxe.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:56 PM #7
Killer_Panda419
RAMPAGE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyballer099639 View Post
The clone was the new version of the Droid. The GT is the newest clone. No imitation of the luxe. The vapor is a new design and looks similar, but so does an ego, timmy, and any other stack tube poppet.

Between the Geo3 and the luxe 2.0, the luxe will out perform the geo in just about every category. Only thing that I believe the Geo has over the luxe is the LCD board and the egronomics of the gun (how it feels in the hands). The luxe is a hit or miss for people and some people feel the luxe is too long. They will be about the same in efficiency, luxe will win in smoothness, both has great CS and are easy to maintain.

If you are buying new, you may want to look into the Clone GT. Just as smooth, sometimes smoother than the luxe, more efficient, just as easy to maintain, LCD board, and great CS and it is cheaper than the luxe.
yea i was going to buy new. Cost isn't really an issue however because I have just been saving for this (purchasing a high end marker) for sometime now. I guess I have heard a lot of good things about a Luxe and I feel that I have heard much about the Clones. After looking into all however I found that when it comes to what you get in the box, the Lux defiantly wins with that, with all the little extra things (i.e. hard case nice manuals, charger) the hard case is a big one for me especially because i like having that extra sense of security. but thanks I will defiantly look into more depth on the clone as well now too!
Old 02-13-2013, 06:05 PM #8
Weroliera (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyballer099639 View Post

The geo is more reliable than the luxe proven okay
Weroliera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:18 PM #9
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
BurningPlaydoh has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weroliera View Post
The geo is more reliable than the luxe proven okay
Comparing a dump valve to a balanced spool.

Every marker will be as reliable as you want it to be. Treat it good and itll return the favor.

Ill throw my vote in for the Clone as well though, sure the Luxe has a prettier case, but I see a rechargable battery as a con since you cant just swap it out if you have a problem and Macdev's packaging shouldnt be underrated either, theyre really up there with Eclipse. Most important though is how a marke performs out on the field and IMO the Clone has the Luxe beat hands down despite the Luxe being a great marker too. Also I prefer a board with a screen bu thats personal preference.

Last edited by BurningPlaydoh : 02-13-2013 at 06:21 PM.
BurningPlaydoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:32 PM #10
hoot1

hoot1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I'll say this. My Geo3 is on order. I've had a Geo+ and a Geo2. I've used a Luxe 1.0. The Luxe 1.0 was better then the Geo+. The Geo3 (that I got to use for 1 day) is just as good as the Luxe 2.0. I have not had the opportunity to use a Clone GT but I was considering one before I ordered my Geo3. What made my decision was the history I had with the Geo platform and the reliability of it. I sure would love to try a Clone GT though. People will always say this gun or that gun is better. You just need to try them for yourself and see what you like. Now trying to get someone to let you use there $1300 gun may be a problem.
hoot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:36 PM #11
ROCKNROLLA

ROCKNROLLA plays in the PSP
ROCKNROLLA owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ROCKNROLLA plays in the APPA D4 division
ROCKNROLLA supports DLX Technology
I own the clone and the luxe and IMO they are equal. Each has certain strengths and weaknesses. I actually really hated my luxe when i first got it b/c of the long grip. But it grew on me.
They have a slightly different shots but both are very smooth. Also the case is nice on the luxe but they are kind of big. I actually prefer the clone case. The new GTi board might put the clone over the top though.... We will have to see.
At any rate i would defiantly pick either of those over a geo.
ROCKNROLLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:03 PM #12
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports DLX Technology