Old 02-12-2013, 02:29 PM #23
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Big Papa Pink supports DLX Technology
Get a Rotor. One button operation and it will always feed paint. It just works.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:32 PM #24
ijinxd

ijinxd owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ijinxd has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ijinxd has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
ijinxd supports DLX Technology
I prefer rotors over any other hopper. The low profile design, shape, and the fact that it's tension controlled instead of eye/sound
Old 02-12-2013, 04:10 PM #25
Crimson Death
HATERS GON HATE

stick feed!
Old 02-14-2013, 06:58 AM #26
AaronW98

A pretty good one you can get for cheap is probably a velocity jr
Old 02-14-2013, 07:32 AM #27
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronW98 View Post
A pretty good one you can get for cheap is probably a velocity jr
I had a Vlocity Sr. Great hopper, functionally at least. Fed fast, didn't jam/unjammed itself.

But, as I mentioned in my earlier post, anything but a Rotor or Viewloader Revolution is made from cheap, "egg-shell-weak" plastic. My Vlocity broke shells if I looked at it wrong, and I went through two circuit boards before I finally gave up on the damned thing. Terrible quality, in my opinion.

I haven't tried a Spire yet, but it looks like they are also made out of pathetic, brittle plastic. I don't think it's worth paying for something that's going to break, even if it's cheap. Neither a VL Revolution or Rotor will break on you.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
Old 02-14-2013, 07:46 AM #28
NastE-imp

NastE-imp has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Rotor's technology goes unrivaled.

Spire is second

Old 02-14-2013, 10:42 AM #29
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

has been a member for 10 years
Rotors jam a lot, I've yet to make it through a practice without seeing someone frantically tearing their Rotor down on the field. Using good paint can alleviate that issue but since this is posted in the Rec board I assume you aren't going to be shooting tournament paint every time you play airball.

Vlocities are indeed great budget hoppers but the shells aren't produced any more and they are stupidly brittle so unless you never dive at all that might be a deal breaker.

The newer Z2 shells are supposed to be solid though I've never seen them in real life so I can't comment much about them but Z2s also don't jam every 20 shots so I'd be inclined to take one over a Rotor. You can get older Prophecies all day for cheap on the BST and those shells are plenty durable other than the feedneck design which isn't the strongest thing in the world. with the V2 metal neck insert I've not had a problem with my V2 but I did snap a feedneck off with my V1 (though it was mostly my fault),

Revys are fantastic as well, I really wish they would make a new production run of those with the old school plastic. I'd shoot one.

In short all the current hoppers on the market have their ups and downs, it's really up to you what you are willing to sacrifice in a loader. Rotors are bulletproof but in my experience their performance leaves a lot to be desired. Prophecies have an inferior shell design (at least the originals, I don't know about the Z2) but feed much more reliably. I've never used a Spire so I can't comment but I will echo loneassassin and say that it indeed looks cheap.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:31 PM #30
NastE-imp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008
Rotors jam a lot, I've yet to make it through a practice without seeing someone frantically tearing their Rotor down on the field. Using good paint can alleviate that issue but since this is posted in the Rec board I assume you aren't going to be shooting tournament paint every time you play airball.

Vlocities are indeed great budget hoppers but the shells aren't produced any more and they are stupidly brittle so unless you never dive at all that might be a deal breaker.

The newer Z2 shells are supposed to be solid though I've never seen them in real life so I can't comment much about them but Z2s also don't jam every 20 shots so I'd be inclined to take one over a Rotor. You can get older Prophecies all day for cheap on the BST and those shells are plenty durable other than the feedneck design which isn't the strongest thing in the world. with the V2 metal neck insert I've not had a problem with my V2 but I did snap a feedneck off with my V1 (though it was mostly my fault),
Clearly biased against anything better than his prophecy

People have issues with jamming when they don't have the right tension for their marker. You have to adjust tension is all. And I actually have seen prophs jam more, straight blend balls, and popcorn balls. Never have I seen a rotor do any of that. Also seen a proph catch on fire randomly. I have a room full of witness'... Clearly your practices are full of shens and I would love to come and laugh sometime

But truth be told, as long as it feeds 12.5 consistently it's pure preference...

There isn't a reason to blast the other rivals fanboys.

It's time someone clears the air. But this opinion comes from 12 years of guns whoring and spending top dollar for top products.

Go to your local legitimate field, and see everyone using 1 of the 3 (rotor, spire, z2 proph)

Old 02-14-2013, 06:54 PM #31
Bush Wookie
???

Bush Wookie plays in the APPA beginner division
Bush Wookie has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bush Wookie has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bush Wookie has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bush Wookie has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bush Wookie has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Dye rotor
Old 02-14-2013, 07:26 PM #32
Bump_Pitch

Bump_Pitch owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush Wookie View Post
Dye rotor
Excellent hopper *
Old 02-15-2013, 12:17 AM #33
ultranoobify
Little spoon for life.

ultranoobify owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump_Pitch View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush Wookie View Post
View Loader Revvy
Excellent hopper *
I fixed it.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:48 AM #34
kostis11

kostis11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kostis11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kostis11 is attending Decay of Nations VII
kostis11 supports DLX Technology
get a rotor or an overpriced spire.
nothing else
Old 02-15-2013, 07:35 AM #35
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastE-imp View Post

People have issues with jamming when they don't have the right tension for their marker. You have to adjust tension is all. And I actually have seen prophs jam more, straight blend balls, and popcorn balls. Never have I seen a rotor do any of that. Also seen a proph catch on fire randomly. I have a room full of witness'... Clearly your practices are full of shens and I would love to come and laugh sometime

But truth be told, as long as it feeds 12.5 consistently it's pure preference...

It's time someone clears the air. But this opinion comes from 12 years of guns whoring and spending top dollar for top products.

Go to your local legitimate field, and see everyone using 1 of the 3 (rotor, spire, z2 proph)
I don't think there was anything "fanboyish" in his post -- he was just stating his experiences and opinions in a clear, unbiased fashion. I'm not sure what got your panties in a bunch.

That said, for every experience that one person has, another will have an entirely different set of experiences. I heard that Rotors jammed all the time and so I bought a Prophecy. The Proph has never jammed but occasionally it gets "stuck" (and not because of a jammed ball -- it just had a hiccup or something.) Then there's the issue of the ridiculously weak shells.

Fast forward a couple years and I received a Rotor as a Christmas present. On my first day out with it, I was forced to shoot the worst paint I've ever shot in my life (FPO at an event). I was lucky to find a single ball that didn't have at least 2 big dimples. Anyway, I shot that paint all day without a single jam/hiccup from the Rotor. So in my experience, Rotors are completely jam-free. And I normally use high-end paint, so I don't expect to have any problems in the future.

As for your Prophecy catching on fire, sorry, I don't believe you. Don't even say **** like that unless you've got a video...

Old 02-15-2013, 08:12 AM #36
NastE-imp

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneassassin

I don't think there was anything "fanboyish" in his post -- he was just stating his experiences and opinions in a clear, unbiased fashion. I'm not sure what got your panties in a bunch.

That said, for every experience that one person has, another will have an entirely different set of experiences. I heard that Rotors jammed all the time and so I bought a Prophecy. The Proph has never jammed but occasionally it gets "stuck" (and not because of a jammed ball -- it just had a hiccup or something.) Then there's the issue of the ridiculously weak shells.

Fast forward a couple years and I received a Rotor as a Christmas present. On my first day out with it, I was forced to shoot the worst paint I've ever shot in my life (FPO at an event). I was lucky to find a single ball that didn't have at least 2 big dimples. Anyway, I shot that paint all day without a single jam/hiccup from the Rotor. So in my experience, Rotors are completely jam-free. And I normally use high-end paint, so I don't expect to have any problems in the future.

As for your Prophecy catching on fire, sorry, I don't believe you. Don't even say **** like that unless you've got a video...
You fail, and it's people like you that make pbnation illegitimate...

I could care less if someone inferior minded cant understand the world outside his little bubble.

Please waste your pathetic time to make a rebuttal, just know it will go unseen, as I am ending my participation from this stupid argument that came from countering the truest statement made on this post yet, "rotor's technology goes unrivaled"

From now on, everybody listen to IONeAssassin. He knows all! He has played for 12 years. One could only hope to reach this accolade and be half as cool as him.

Last edited by NastE-imp : 02-15-2013 at 08:19 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:20 AM #37
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
I've got a spire.... it seems finicky. Almost like a human that wakes up and is like, "I'm not doing **** today."

Hell, my old halo v35 fed balls consistently better than this thing. What is weird though, every single time I say to myself that I'm buying a rotor on the spot if it acts up. It works absolutely flawless at the field that day. It actually seems like the only marker it likes is my ego 11.

What I do find hilarious is all the spire fan boys that come out of the woodwork, half the people stating it's better probably dont even own one. Its like the latest trend, you're not cool unless you own a spire.

Last edited by rexisme : 02-15-2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:14 PM #38
ultranoobify
Little spoon for life.

ultranoobify owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:

Dude no ****ing way! I had two boards that fried in the same spot. One of them left a burn mark on the shell. No fire, but it
still smelled like ****. I thought I was the only one.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:54 PM #39
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Quote:
You fail, and it's people like you that make pbnation illegitimate...

I could care less if someone inferior minded cant understand the world outside his little bubble.

Please waste your pathetic time to make a rebuttal, just know it will go unseen, as I am ending my participation from this stupid argument that came from countering the truest statement made on this post yet, "rotor's technology goes unrivaled"

From now on, everybody listen to IONeAssassin. He knows all! He has played for 12 years. One could only hope to reach this accolade and be half as cool as him.

L.O.L. You must be pretty desperate for attention, going to such lengths to troll me. (Hey guys, he even p.m.'d me with insults ).

Thanks for the compliment though, hoping that people can reach my level of sophistication at paintball and being half as cool as me. I sincerely hope that for other players as well. You did get one thing wrong though -- my years of experience (math, among other more basic cognitive functions, must not be your strong suit). When I look back to when I passed the 12 year mark, I think I was a pretty good player, but somewhat noobish compared to my present status. It wasn't until I passed the 20 year mark that I felt I had truly blossomed and could call myself an all-around badass. You know, the ultimate "ninja" status that people strive for...

Anyway, all tomfoolery aside, I don't really give a crap what you think. Judging by your language, word choice, and generally poor writing ability I would guess you're a teenager with nothing better to do, so I can forgive it. (Haha, if you had an ounce of reading comprehension, you would have seen that I actually agreed with some of your points -- but oh well). Ignorance (or idiocy?) is bliss, I guess.

Last edited by loneassassin : 02-15-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:16 PM #40
NastE-imp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultranoobify

Dude no ****ing way! I had two boards that fried in the same spot. One of them left a burn mark on the shell. No fire, but it
still smelled like ****. I thought I was the only one.
Right. I actually heard about it happening more than once aside from yours. Also have seen them popcorn redic. It doesn't actually catch fire more than it does fry and smoke.

I wouldn't steer you guys wrong.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:25 PM #41
NastE-imp

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneassassin

L.O.L. You must be pretty desperate for attention, going to such lengths to troll me. (Hey guys, he even p.m.'d me with insults ).

Thanks for the compliment though, hoping that people can reach my level of sophistication at paintball and being half as cool as me. I sincerely hope that for other players as well. You did get one thing wrong though -- my years of experience (math, among other more basic cognitive functions, must not be your strong suit). When I look back to when I passed the 12 year mark, I think I was a pretty good player, but somewhat noobish compared to my present status. It wasn't until I passed the 20 year mark that I felt I had truly blossomed and could call myself an all-around badass. You know, the ultimate "ninja" status that people strive for...

Anyway, all tomfoolery aside, I don't really give a crap what you think. Judging by your language, word choice, and generally poor writing ability I would guess you're a teenager with nothing better to do, so I can forgive it. (Haha, if you had an ounce of reading comprehension, you would have seen that I actually agreed with some of your points -- but oh well). Ignorance (or idiocy?) is bliss, I guess.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:33 AM #42
loneassassin
A Grim and...

^^Including me! (Plus, I thought you weren't going to respond to anything I had to say. You totally got me though, with your clever Sponge-Bob picture. Riveting argument, and well-crafted. Pure literary genius.

One other thing I forgot in my last post was that you spelled my username incorrectly as well. It's Loneassassin, not IONeAssassin. I'm not sure what you're referencing there -- or perhaps it was a genuine lack of spelling ability (very likely the case).

Last edited by loneassassin : 02-16-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Closed Thread