Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2013, 10:48 PM #1
Bellamy803
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Bellamy803 supports DLX Technology
Axe leaking air help please

Just took aprt the axe lubed it up and cleaned paint residue from the eyes. Re assembled and gassed it up and to no prevale a very slight leak. It is coming through the bolt. If I stick my finger in front of the bolt I can stop the air until the pressure pushes my finger off again. I tried resetting the poppet whether or not that's the issue I am not sure. I followed the instructions to turn the velocity all the way in and air it up, then turn out 3/4 of a turn. Still no luck. Trigger is clicking like it is suppose to as well. Help please and thanks!
Bellamy803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2013, 08:01 AM #2
EmpireTech
Always here to Help
 
EmpireTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mid-West
EmpireTech works for a Paintball manufacturer
EmpireTech plays in the PSP
EmpireTech plays in the APPA D4 division
EmpireTech supports Empire
When you turned the velocity all the way in did it stop the leak at that point? It could be either your poppet face or it could be damage to the bolt guide where the face seal sits.
__________________
Empire Tech Support
Click Here For Product Support
Click To Email Us
Or Call Us at
1-800-220-3222
EmpireTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:07 AM #3
Bellamy803
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Bellamy803 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireTech View Post
When you turned the velocity all the way in did it stop the leak at that point? It could be either your poppet face or it could be damage to the bolt guide where the face seal sits.
No turned it all the way in and still leaking.
Bellamy803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:54 AM #4
mfarmy
 
 
mfarmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
mfarmy plays in the PSP
mfarmy plays in the APPA D3 division
ive had this type of leak before and actually have it now, replacing the poppet face cleared it up in the past so thats what i am doing this week to fix it
__________________
quit D1 college soccer to get back into paintball

AsylumTrueballers
Paintball Asylum
Torres Productions
mfarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:04 AM #5
minimag03
 
 
minimag03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Bluefield, WV
minimag03 is an NCPA player
minimag03 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamy803 View Post
Just took aprt the axe lubed it up and cleaned paint residue from the eyes. Re assembled and gassed it up and to no prevale a very slight leak. It is coming through the bolt. If I stick my finger in front of the bolt I can stop the air until the pressure pushes my finger off again. I tried resetting the poppet whether or not that's the issue I am not sure. I followed the instructions to turn the velocity all the way in and air it up, then turn out 3/4 of a turn. Still no luck. Trigger is clicking like it is suppose to as well. Help please and thanks!
Is the poppet face and the portion of the bolt guide that it touches dry and lube free?
__________________
Old Feeback
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:00 PM #6
Bellamy803
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Bellamy803 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
Is the poppet face and the portion of the bolt guide that it touches dry and lube free?
I will check this first thing this evening and reply back. Thanks!
Bellamy803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:34 PM #7
minimag03
 
 
minimag03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Bluefield, WV
minimag03 is an NCPA player
minimag03 plays in the APPA D5 division
I'm guessing that might be the problem. There is usually a faint leak like you're describing when there is lube on the poppet face.
__________________
Old Feeback
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:37 PM #8
Bellamy803
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Bellamy803 supports DLX Technology
Well I'm saddened to say, pulled the bolt and assembly. Poppet is free of damage and lubrication. Still slightly leaking. I guess the only thing is to replace the poppet all together. In user manual it show a red poppet the one on this gun is white. Any ideas?
Bellamy803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:17 PM #9
Bellamy803
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Bellamy803 supports DLX Technology
Also is dye slick lube ok for the axe?
Bellamy803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:47 PM #10
nhoj_yelbom
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamy803 View Post
Well I'm saddened to say, pulled the bolt and assembly. Poppet is free of damage and lubrication. Still slightly leaking. I guess the only thing is to replace the poppet all together. In user manual it show a red poppet the one on this gun is white. Any ideas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamy803 View Post
Also is dye slick lube ok for the axe?
part is only red for the illustration, dye slick lube is fine (same as recommended dow 33)
__________________
Axe Olive/Black-
APE Board, XSV Bolt
Mini Dust Black-
Empire Ball Bearing Trigger
A5-
Tech T Paddles, Aluminum Ratchet, Aluminum Piston, Tech T QEPH, Tech T ZKH, HE E Grip (custom software), Tech T Fang Trigger, Hammerhead Battle Stix Barrel, Dead On Power Tube, X7 Hopper
nhoj_yelbom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:29 AM #11
EmpireTech
Always here to Help
 
EmpireTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mid-West
EmpireTech works for a Paintball manufacturer
EmpireTech plays in the PSP
EmpireTech plays in the APPA D4 division
EmpireTech supports Empire
The leak can also be due to a damaged bolt guide where the poppet face sits. This would explain how how when you put a new poppet in its fine the a few shots later its bad again. Check to see if it has any damage on the guide.
__________________
Empire Tech Support
Click Here For Product Support
Click To Email Us
Or Call Us at
1-800-220-3222
EmpireTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:51 AM #12
Bellamy803
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Bellamy803 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireTech View Post
The leak can also be due to a damaged bolt guide where the poppet face sits. This would explain how how when you put a new poppet in its fine the a few shots later its bad again. Check to see if it has any damage on the guide.
The poppet and where the poppet coming in contact with the Gide both look good. Ill probly order both today as a trial and error attempts start up. I hate dumping repair money into this thing already but I love gun so, so be it!

Also tech, you know the best deal on maintenance kit for this gun? Prongs spare parts etc
Bellamy803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:57 AM #13
minimag03
 
 
minimag03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Bluefield, WV
minimag03 is an NCPA player
minimag03 plays in the APPA D5 division
Empire should send you the parts for free because the lifetime warranty. Call them and explain the problem and your location, and I bet they will help you out with everything you might need.
__________________
Old Feeback
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:36 PM #14
Bellamy803
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Bellamy803 supports DLX Technology
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
Empire should send you the parts for free because the lifetime warranty. Call them and explain the problem and your location, and I bet they will help you out with everything you might need.
Cool will do!!!!
Bellamy803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:39 PM #15
ell170
 
 
ell170's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Charlotte, NC
ell170 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ell170 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ell170 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
check your o rings
ell170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:23 AM #16
TheRealSpyro
 
 
TheRealSpyro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Manhattan IL
TheRealSpyro has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheRealSpyro has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheRealSpyro has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
reset the solanoid
__________________
Empire V3 Mini Dust Black on Polish Red
TheRealSpyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:37 AM #17
EmpireTech
Always here to Help
 
EmpireTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mid-West
EmpireTech works for a Paintball manufacturer
EmpireTech plays in the PSP
EmpireTech plays in the APPA D4 division
EmpireTech supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamy803 View Post
Also tech, you know the best deal on maintenance kit for this gun? Prongs spare parts etc
If you are looking for Spare parts then Boss Paintball is pretty good. As for just needing repair parts. We can see what we can do to help. Just give us a call or email and we can go from there.
__________________
Empire Tech Support
Click Here For Product Support
Click To Email Us
Or Call Us at
1-800-220-3222
EmpireTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:39 PM #18
Bellamy803
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Bellamy803 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireTech View Post
If you are looking for Spare parts then Boss Paintball is pretty good. As for just needing repair parts. We can see what we can do to help. Just give us a call or email and we can go from there.
Sent in an email today. Thanks
Bellamy803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:01 PM #19
Bellamy803
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Bellamy803 supports DLX Technology
I love how check your O rings and check your solenoid comments come in today after multiple post about doing all of the above. EmpireTech is 99% sure the issue is the bolt guide and has already dropped a replacement in the mail. EMPIRE A+++++++ Customer service.
Bellamy803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:50 PM #20
mfarmy
 
 
mfarmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
mfarmy plays in the PSP
mfarmy plays in the APPA D3 division
i had the exact same leak is you, have solved it before changing out the poppet seal, well this time it didnt work for me. Replaced the poppet seal and my gun still leaks air.
__________________
quit D1 college soccer to get back into paintball

AsylumTrueballers
Paintball Asylum
Torres Productions
mfarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:15 PM #21
JustinWood>L.I.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
I have this same leak right now as well. i cant seem to figure it out either. I haven't changed anything out.. My bolt is in good shape and the poppet looks fine also.
__________________
Hamptons!

Aztekphotos
Cousins Paintball
Island Paintball Supply
Arena paintball & Reball Facility
Empire Paintball
Raza Life
JustinWood>L.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump