Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-11-2013, 01:38 PM #1
Yellow-Bluntz

TIps and hints

What are some good paintball moves or things to do such as when being cornered behind a bunker. Post a situation and things to do to overcome it.
Yellow-Bluntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2013, 02:42 PM #2
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Don't get cornered behind the bunker. LOL. Try to anticipate when it's going to happen before it happens and find the most secure location you can before it does.

If you're the last man standing and surrounded all you can really do is keep the paint flying as best you can. Lots of snap shooting....come out high, come out low always change the spot where you come out because you know a guy will have you tee'd up. Don't look in one direction too long because as you shoot at one guy the other one is moving up to get you. Use head fakes to get them to shoot at one spot and you come out in another quickly after the fake.

Here is one trick I like to do a lot and it works well. Let's say you have a guy coming down your right, and one coming down your left. You pick one guy, the right hand guy for the sake of this explanation, and snap out on him. Battle until you have him taking cover, then lay a quick stream of paint on him , step out that side a bit(as you continue to shoot) and wrap around quickly to shoot at the guy on the left. Sometimes you can catch that left hand guy moving while you shoot and he won't expect you to shoot at him. Shoot a few and then quickly change back to the guy on the right and shoot at him to keep him pinned. Basically, you're doing what's called "Living behind your gun". That means, using your firepower to control your opponents and make them do what you want. This is how you open up opportunities. Now obviously if you're new, gun fighting can take a while to learn. You have to get comfy with your timing, and knowing what you can and cant' get away with.

You can use any variation of tricks like this to get out of bad situations. For example if you wrap around to shoot the left guy...and he also takes cover, that gives you a second to quickly move(while both guys are down) and go quiet. They'll lose track of you and you lie in wait to take them out. Or.....even with good snap shooting skills(which take practice) you can often take one or two guys out just on gun skills alone.

Another trick I like to use when I'm pinned is to yell at an imaginary team mate to get his "gun working quick and take out that guy right in front of him". Mind games work great in paintball and I've actually won a tournament 3 on 1 using this trick. They were so convinced a guy was left they held up a few seconds which let me take them on one at a time.

In the grand scheme of things, if you're out numbered and pinned down in one spot, you're probably not going to win, however that's never a reason not to try. If you give up you always lose. If you put up a fight, you'll be pleasantly surprised once in a while and walk away with the V! Not only will it feel awesome, but the next time they have you trapped they won't be so sure of themselves.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" critical .680 barrel and cure 3 + bolt F/S

DM12 red with matching Boomy F/s
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:56 PM #3
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D4 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
If you are playing speedball or like a 5 v 5 and your consistently the last guy alive in 1 v 3 or 1 v 4s here is a tip . Take a bunker that is a standup one you stand behind off break . Also try to have it where there is a far run from other bunkers so they can't bunker you with ease . Also Try to pick one on the boundary of the field limits so no one can sneak up on you from one side .

This should help and never lower your gun everytime you look out your gun needs to be out ready to shoot . Never lower your gun .

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:20 PM #4
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports DLX Technology
Look at some of the stickies posted in the recreational player forum and tournament series forum.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:34 PM #5
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

last one in and stuck in back corner?

stay calm. stay in back corner. its the easiest bunker to defend. plus you can usually see the entire field from there. slow your rof, dont waste paint if you can . you might be able to lure one out and shoot him out, or at least trade out with the person thats coming to bunker you lol. its pretty hard to pull off a win in that situation, but might be able to score another elimination or take one out with you.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:58 PM #6
Yellow-Bluntz

Thanks for the great scenarios guys! It really opened my mind to new approaches!
Old 02-11-2013, 06:27 PM #7
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

no problem. the last thing you want to do is get all gung ho and take off running just spraying paint and hoping you hit something.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:27 PM #8
yuik

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow-Bluntz View Post
Thanks for the great scenarios guys! It really opened my mind to new approaches!
Also practice helps . Listen for packs shaking as they come to bunker you , look for shadows Ect

Old 02-11-2013, 07:14 PM #9
Yellow-Bluntz

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuik View Post

Also practice helps . Listen for packs shaking as they come to bunker you , look for shadows Ect
Thanks yuik!
Old 02-12-2013, 01:20 AM #10
Sirriko
WAKA WAKA

Annual Supporting Member
Sirriko is playing at Living Legends VI
Sirriko owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Sirriko supports Team VICIOUS
Sirriko supports Team VICIOUS
Sirriko posts videos on PbNation
Sirriko has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Go to YouTube and watch (paintball tech pb, no spaces). Mike helps a lot for tips and tricks...

Canadian eh? Would you like a donut?

Last edited by Sirriko : 02-12-2013 at 01:23 AM.
Sirriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:55 AM #11
yuik

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirriko View Post
Go to YouTube and watch (paintball tech pb, no spaces). Mike helps a lot for tips and tricks...
Tell him to pm you next time . By typing that word with the spaces you technically are violating the swear filter