Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-07-2013, 08:45 PM #1
SpanKy'M3

G6R eating up batterys like skittles

I have a G6r 2010/2011 model.this has been on going since day one since i am orig. owner & finally fed up so looking for some advice & what you guys recommend to do.if i leave the 9v in it dies after 7-9 days with the battery in.i used to keep taking it out but gets annoying or i just forget to take it out & battery is dead.thats with me not turning the G6r on at all.i let it sit for that long & if i go turn it on it wont.somehow its draining.i tried disconnecting the eyes,i let it sit for 7-9 days & it still dies,so its not the eyes.must be a short?i have heard this has been a issue with the earlier G6r's.i must be one of them.Funny i have a Gen 4 Infamous & battery has been in there for few years & still ticking.
SpanKy'M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2013, 09:03 PM #2
HeadHunter59
MidWest-Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
HeadHunter59 supports Cereal Killerz 2
HeadHunter59 donated to help Peyton Trent
HeadHunter59 is playing at Living Legends VII
HeadHunter59 supports Bob Gurnsey
HeadHunter59 supports our troops
HeadHunter59 is Immortal
Send it in. Board is bad if i recall.
Russian Legion Fan Club Member #169
Russian Legion Love Club#19
ASMC
∅♦♦♦∅ OldSchool Trust! +23/0/0∅♦♦♦∅ IOG Feedback +4/0/0∅♦♦♦∅
∅♦♦♦∅Monster Ninja SLP tank sale!∅♦♦♦∅]∅♦♦♦∅
HeadHunter59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:18 PM #3
KGBbonecrusher

You'll actually get this with a lot of guns. The board doesn't have a true killswitch, so the board pulls some power to wait for the on button to be pushed. Think angel on/off versus what you have now. Sounds like yours is REALLY bad, but the same thing happens for any other gun or even hopper I've owned. It pulls power to "sense" the on toggle. I'd suggest getting in the habit of taking your battery out anyway.
KGBbonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:24 AM #4
Mr. Stealthy

Its a bad board. My teammate a while back would run through a battery every 1-2 times of play. The G6R should run a pretty good amount of time on a battery. You will have to send the board in.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:35 PM #5
SpanKy'M3

Ok thx.i will Give BLAST a call.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:25 PM #6
tombs85

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGBbonecrusher View Post
You'll actually get this with a lot of guns. The board doesn't have a true killswitch, so the board pulls some power to wait for the on button to be pushed. Think angel on/off versus what you have now. Sounds like yours is REALLY bad, but the same thing happens for any other gun or even hopper I've owned. It pulls power to "sense" the on toggle. I'd suggest getting in the habit of taking your battery out anyway.
I have left a battery in my g6r, and my 2k2 for maybe a month or so idle, without play, and it was fine. Same thing with both of my rotor hoppers. But really the main reason why you want to get in the habit of pulling your batteries is so that they do not burst and leak acid.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...296&highlight=
tombs85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:14 AM #7
SpanKy'M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGBbonecrusher View Post
i dont mind removing the battery & did get in the habit of doing it but if i forget & i do & i dont play all the time but if i go 7-9 days of leaving the battery in it should last longer i would think?its like clockwork everytime.like i said my infamous has a 2yr old battery in it & still fine.But i know technology changes & improves,you would think it would improve the battery life too.im not one to complain.thats why i asked if this is normal.if not then would like it fixed thats all.i just delt with it until i asked a player that had a G6r if he changes his battery every week or two.he said no he never had yet & his G6r was 3 months old at the time.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:47 AM #8
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanKy'M3 View Post
i dont mind removing the battery & did get in the habit of doing it but if i forget & i do & i dont play all the time but if i go 7-9 days of leaving the battery in it should last longer i would think?its like clockwork everytime.like i said my infamous has a 2yr old battery in it & still fine.But i know technology changes & improves,you would think it would improve the battery life too.im not one to complain.thats why i asked if this is normal.if not then would like it fixed thats all.i just delt with it until i asked a player that had a G6r if he changes his battery every week or two.he said no he never had yet & his G6r was 3 months old at the time.
No you shouldn't have to do that. While it will drain some battery in there, the battery should still get good battery efficiency out of the stock board. My G6R with Ebisu board only gets the battery changed maybe 4 times a year and my original stock board would easily go a month or two on a battery with consistent use. I would say if it isn't lasting at minimum 4-5 days of play it needs to be sent in. Is it lasting 7-9 days of play or are you saying it is drained after just being I there 7-9 days? If that is the case it is not normal.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:28 PM #9
SpanKy'M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
No you shouldn't have to do that. While it will drain some battery in there, the battery should still get good battery efficiency out of the stock board. My G6R with Ebisu board only gets the battery changed maybe 4 times a year and my original stock board would easily go a month or two on a battery with consistent use. I would say if it isn't lasting at minimum 4-5 days of play it needs to be sent in. Is it lasting 7-9 days of play or are you saying it is drained after just being I there 7-9 days? If that is the case it is not normal.
Sorry if i wasnt clear.Yes if i just leave it & dont touch my G6R for up to 7-9 days with a new 9volt battery.then go & turn it on its dead.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:19 PM #10
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanKy'M3 View Post
Sorry if i wasnt clear.Yes if i just leave it & dont touch my G6R for up to 7-9 days with a new 9volt battery.then go & turn it on its dead.
Then yes you definately should get the board sent in and replaced.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:52 PM #11
Dirty J
FAT CITY

Dirty J plays in the PSP
Dirty J plays in the APPA D3 division
Dirty J supports Empire
BLAST doesn't have any more '11 boards. Not much they can do. I contacted them about a month ago for the same issue.

Curtis at Left Coast "had" some about a month ago... Not sure if that's still the case.

You'll prob just have to spring for a new Ebisu board if it bothers you that much.

Bring me a gloss pewter Freak/Luxe tip!! Top dollar paid!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Dirty J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:16 PM #12
SpanKy'M3

Well i called B.L.A.S.T. today & looks like im SOL They have since left TADEO & using their FRENZY boards like in there OLED frames.He said there has been so many issues with this.This sucks.i did email Will @ Tadeo & he tells me "you'll need to get the board serviced through Bob Long. The stock G6R boards were manufactured exclusively for them, so we do not carry inventory, sell, or service them". So may just gonna have to deal with it or get a Ebisu Board. Just sucks for the customer that spends 1000.00 plus & still not rite.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:25 PM #13
Dirty J
FAT CITY

Dirty J plays in the PSP
Dirty J plays in the APPA D3 division
Dirty J supports Empire
Exact replies I got.

Curtis at left coast had some old stock boards. Like $50 or $60 from what I recall. Took a couple of emails to get that info.

Or he had ebisu for a bit cheaper than everyone else.

Bring me a gloss pewter Freak/Luxe tip!! Top dollar paid!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Dirty J is online now   Reply With Quote