PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-04-2013, 04:51 PM #1
DeZmO

DeZmO owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DeZmO owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Traveling with your gear?

I travel a lot for my job and was thinking about packing my gear so i can play on my off time. I dont know the first thing about packing my gear appropriatly to fly with. Im sure you have to check everything but is there anything you cant bring?

Any suggestions/tips would be much appreciated.
DeZmO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2013, 05:02 PM #2
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports DLX Technology
Take the reg off your tank
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:27 PM #3
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

as far as i know the only thing you should have to worry about is your tank. its illegal to take a pressurized cylinder aboard a plane, would be best to remove the reg in case they want to look inside it too. plus then theres absolutely no way it could hold pressure then.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:29 PM #4
DeZmO

DeZmO owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DeZmO owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Much appreciated!
DeZmO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:47 PM #5
PandasEverywhere

Wait, you can take your gun fully assembled? I would think for sure you would need to disassemble your marker.
PandasEverywhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:01 PM #6
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

i would treat it just like any other piece of sporting equipment. at the most you might have to check it or something....its not like its going to have a hopper, tank and barrel on it ready to go or anything.

and always in any type of situation like this remember to refer to it as a marker instead of a gun...just in case lol.

hopefully someone who's traveled with pb gear will chime in as ive never been on a plane. only thing im sure about is the pressurized cylinder part.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:31 PM #7
MaG Adrenal1ne
#PlayforPride

MaG Adrenal1ne is playing at Living Legends VI
MaG Adrenal1ne plays in the APPA D4 division
MaG Adrenal1ne supports DLX Technology
Break guns down, regs off tanks, batteries out of all electronics. Should be good to go.
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
***ONE OF A KIND G6R***
MaG Adrenal1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:35 PM #8
Bansk
[Djent]

If you're not going through Schiphol airport in Amsterdam, you should have no hassle.

Like others have mentioned, take off the barrel and remove batteries. On paintball tanks you must remove the tank regulator so you can see inside the cylinder. Also, I printed out TSA forms regarding their policy on air tanks, attached one to the tank with a rubber band, and kept the other in my carry on. I've only traveled with air tanks pre 9/11, but I doubt there would be any problems since I'm able to still bring markers back and forth between Norway and here.

One last note; have everything paintball related in your checked luggage! I was an idiot one time when I traveled back to Norway. I forgot to pack my 14" Redz barrel in my luggage, so I just threw it in my carry on. The security in Schiphol held me for about half an hour. At first they didn't have a clue of what it was, so I had to explain to 4 different people what it was several times. After they finally got it they had no clue what to do, and just stood idle. After getting nowhere, I just told them to keep it and use it as a gentle pleasuring device (to put it lightly). Not a big deal because it wasn't my favorite barrel, but you guys can laugh at for that one

Also, another time I was going through Schiphol, calling it a marker didn't work. Before I was to board the plane, a clerk called me to the front desk and I was questioned by another man.
Basically went like this;
him: "We believe you have a gun in your luggage"
me: "no, I don't have a gun, but I have a paintball marker"
him: "do you have anything that resembles a trigger in your luggage"
me: "yes, a paintball marker"
him: "is it a gun?"
me: "it's a paintball marker, gun, I don't care what you want to call it, it shoots paint"
him: "YES! it is a gun.... ok you can go"

Wow, just realized I gave my life's story there lol
bansky
Bansk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:01 AM #9
YeloSno
ALT Bazaar - Coming Soon!

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
Wait.

"It is a gun" and "you can go" shouldn't be used in conjunction by airport personnel unless they're not actually airport personnel.

Or so I'm led to believe.

I'd hope not D:

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!
LNIB PE HDEs - CHEAP - Need em gone!
It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:09 PM #10
Sin1

Actually you can bring guns on a plane, if it is checked and delcared to the airline. I have done it a few times with my CC weapon and is very easy if you read the TSA rules before hand.
So a paintball gun would be just as easy, assembled or not. Just make sure you tell them it is in the bag to avoid any unwanted delay.
Sin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:37 PM #11
Daco
Yes i'm Dutch & not high

Daco owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Daco has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Daco has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bansk View Post
If you're not going through Schiphol airport in Amsterdam, you should have no hassle.

Like others have mentioned, take off the barrel and remove batteries. On paintball tanks you must remove the tank regulator so you can see inside the cylinder. Also, I printed out TSA forms regarding their policy on air tanks, attached one to the tank with a rubber band, and kept the other in my carry on. I've only traveled with air tanks pre 9/11, but I doubt there would be any problems since I'm able to still bring markers back and forth between Norway and here.

One last note; have everything paintball related in your checked luggage! I was an idiot one time when I traveled back to Norway. I forgot to pack my 14" Redz barrel in my luggage, so I just threw it in my carry on. The security in Schiphol held me for about half an hour. At first they didn't have a clue of what it was, so I had to explain to 4 different people what it was several times. After they finally got it they had no clue what to do, and just stood idle. After getting nowhere, I just told them to keep it and use it as a gentle pleasuring device (to put it lightly). Not a big deal because it wasn't my favorite barrel, but you guys can laugh at for that one

Also, another time I was going through Schiphol, calling it a marker didn't work. Before I was to board the plane, a clerk called me to the front desk and I was questioned by another man.
Basically went like this;
him: "We believe you have a gun in your luggage"
me: "no, I don't have a gun, but I have a paintball marker"
him: "do you have anything that resembles a trigger in your luggage"
me: "yes, a paintball marker"
him: "is it a gun?"
me: "it's a paintball marker, gun, I don't care what you want to call it, it shoots paint"
him: "YES! it is a gun.... ok you can go"

Wow, just realized I gave my life's story there lol
Awesome!, a friend of mine is bringing my back up marker from Amsterdam (i left it there), and i was wondering how they would handle that. The police in amsterdam is not the brightest when it comes to paintball.