Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 09:14 PM #1
pball1998
User Title
 
pball1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: chicago
pball1998 supports Team VICIOUS
pball1998 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Wrestling meal plan

I'm posting this thread because I am interested in what other wrestlers' meal plans are during weight loss.
Mine is this:
Breakfast: wheat oatmeal with a piece if fruit and tall glass of water

Snack 1: handful of carrots

Lunch: turkey sandwich on whole wheat with fruit and granola bar

Snack 2: piece of fruit

Dinner: some type of lean meat with multiple vegetables

After workout snack: something high in protein such as protein shake or pb sandwich
pball1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:22 PM #2
SmartyJones
Best in the World
 
SmartyJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
SmartyJones helped look for balloons
SmartyJones is playing at Living Legends III
SmartyJones has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Here is John Cena's diet

http://www.sixpacknow.com/john_cena_...t_program.html

Quote:
Typically a days nutrition intake would be:

Breakfast: 8 eggs, 8 whites, two yellows and 100g of oatmeal with applesauce or raisins.

Midmorning snack: protein bar

Lunch: 2 x Chicken Breasts, 100g Brown Rice and veggies

Mid-afternoon snack: Tuna in Wholewheat Pitta Breads

Pre-Post Workout: Whey Protein Shake and a Banana

Dinner: Grilled fish or chicken, brown rice or pasta, vegetables, and salad.

Evening Snack: Casein Protein Shake Protein shake or Low Fat Cottage Cheese Slow Release Proteins)
__________________
Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Sabres, New York Yankees, Detroit Pistons, Notre Dame
University Of Notre Dame Class of 2010
ZENYATTA - Thanks for all the memories!
2009 STS Most Accurate Poster of the Year
2010 STS:F MVP

XBL - noarmsduck
SmartyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:50 AM #3
BlitzPA9
 
 
BlitzPA9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Pittsburgh
BlitzPA9 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
That's definitely not a cutting diet LOL. I would focus on high fat/protein. Lots of protein shakes (with water not milk), vegetables, chicken, tuna, eggs. Avoid breads, grains, sugars, lactose.

Salt/hydration have a lot to do with it. You need to be really careful about that and monitor it closely. I don't recommend a fast cut but here's some of the science behind it

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog...to-cut-weight/

For grappling I personally pick a target weight and try to slowly get down over a month period. This way I don't risk being dehydrated for competition and can still train normally. My $0.02
__________________
BlitzPA9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:24 PM #4
pball1998
User Title
 
pball1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: chicago
pball1998 supports Team VICIOUS
pball1998 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzPA9 View Post
That's definitely not a cutting diet LOL. I would focus on high fat/protein. Lots of protein shakes (with water not milk), vegetables, chicken, tuna, eggs. Avoid breads, grains, sugars, lactose.

Salt/hydration have a lot to do with it. You need to be really careful about that and monitor it closely. I don't recommend a fast cut but here's some of the science behind it

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog...to-cut-weight/

For grappling I personally pick a target weight and try to slowly get down over a month period. This way I don't risk being dehydrated for competition and can still train normally. My $0.02

Haha thats what i thought when i read that. Yeah you pretty much summed up what ive been eating. i was just interested if anyone had other ways of cutting
pball1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:24 PM #5
pball1998
User Title
 
pball1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: chicago
pball1998 supports Team VICIOUS
pball1998 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
and im talking like folkstyle and freestyle, not WWE haha
pball1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:59 AM #6
CT4PB
MI
 
CT4PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
CT4PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CT4PB has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by pball1998 View Post
I'm posting this thread because I am interested in what other wrestlers' meal plans are during weight loss.
Mine is this:
Breakfast: wheat oatmeal with a piece if fruit and tall glass of water

Snack 1: handful of carrots

Lunch: turkey sandwich on whole wheat with fruit and granola bar

Snack 2: piece of fruit

Dinner: some type of lean meat with multiple vegetables

After workout snack: something high in protein such as protein shake or pb sandwich
Pretty similar to mine, i just eat little things and drink water. Peanut butter sandwiches, some fruits, yogurt, ect.
Can't really remember it exactly, I've been out for a while for concussions
CT4PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:31 PM #7
pball1998
User Title
 
pball1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: chicago
pball1998 supports Team VICIOUS
pball1998 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT4PB View Post
Pretty similar to mine, i just eat little things and drink water. Peanut butter sandwiches, some fruits, yogurt, ect.
Can't really remember it exactly, I've been out for a while for concussions
That sucks but yeah cutting sucks
pball1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:00 AM #8
warpig12354
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: austin, texas
I just finished wrestling season, I never have to make weight again!!!!
__________________
DON'T CLICK HERE
warpig12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:48 PM #9
pball1998
User Title
 
pball1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: chicago
pball1998 supports Team VICIOUS
pball1998 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpig12354 View Post
I just finished wrestling season, I never have to make weight again!!!!
we still have 4 weeks
pball1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:55 AM #10
cronbomb
Joliet Syndicate
 
cronbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: illinois
cronbomb plays in the PSP
cronbomb plays in the APPA D4 division
cronbomb has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
i cut 15 pounds a week i eat meat in the morning get a good breakfeast have all day to work it off seems to be working for me
cronbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:01 PM #11
pball1998
User Title
 
pball1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: chicago
pball1998 supports Team VICIOUS
pball1998 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by cronbomb View Post
i cut 15 pounds a week i eat meat in the morning get a good breakfeast have all day to work it off seems to be working for me
holy crap. how much are you cutting. where do you wrestle btw i see that you live in illinois
pball1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:27 PM #12
ncpbkid1234 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
15 pounds a week was nothing in highschool that was something to look forward to every week .
If you work hard everyday like you should diet should be out of the question as long as your making weight
chicken and rice
ncpbkid1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:21 PM #13
pball1998
User Title
 
pball1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: chicago
pball1998 supports Team VICIOUS
pball1998 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncpbkid1234 View Post
15 pounds a week was nothing in highschool that was something to look forward to every week .
If you work hard everyday like you should diet should be out of the question as long as your making weight
chicken and rice
I'm in 8th grade. Haha I usually cut like five a week. I prefer fish and veggies
pball1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:36 PM #14
ncpbkid1234 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
eight grade.. quit cutting weight and learn the basics cut the day
ncpbkid1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:14 AM #15
pball1998
User Title
 
pball1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: chicago
pball1998 supports Team VICIOUS
pball1998 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Tell tht to my coach. He's a dick
pball1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump