Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-07-2013, 04:50 PM #1
craigert

Why ask so much $ for used HPA out of hydro

Does anyone know why people ask so much for a used HPA tank out of hydro? Where is the best/cheapest place to buy a new 45/45 ninja?
craigert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2013, 05:03 PM #2
Rob @ Ninja PB

Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigert View Post
Does anyone know why people ask so much for a used HPA tank out of hydro? Where is the best/cheapest place to buy a new 45/45 ninja?
might want to check with swapmytank.com. They sell used air systems that are in hydro.

I would never buy a bottle for a lot of money if its out of hydro. First, you have to test the bottle and you run the risk of the bottle not passing (rare but it can happen). If it doesnt pass, youre out of the money you spent on the tank + hydro test costs
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:30 PM #3
Sirriko
WAKA WAKA

Annual Supporting Member
Sirriko is playing at Living Legends VI
Sirriko owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Sirriko supports Team VICIOUS
Sirriko supports Team VICIOUS
Sirriko posts videos on PbNation
Sirriko has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
might want to check with swapmytank.com. They sell used air systems that are in hydro.

I would never buy a bottle for a lot of money if its out of hydro. First, you have to test the bottle and you run the risk of the bottle not passing (rare but it can happen). If it doesnt pass, youre out of the money you spent on the tank + hydro test costs
Exactly, and if you ever do need to get a tank re-hydro'ed ask people at your local field if they got their tanks hydro'ed here. And if so just look at the adress where your local shop gets them done (if not there) and you can save up to 10 bucks!

But if you want to support your local field you can just ask them to get it done.
Sirriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:27 PM #4
monty97
SAS Iowa-Team Havoc

Annual Supporting Member
monty97 is playing at Living Legends V
monty97 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monty97 supports Team VICIOUS
monty97 supports Team VICIOUS
monty97 plays in the APPA beginner division
Most people think because they spent $150+ on a tank new 5 years ago its still worth half that. Personally I wouldn't pay more than $40 for an out of hydro tank. Those that are asking $70-$100 for an out of hydro tank are completely ignorant to the value of equipment.
monty97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:38 PM #5
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Something used is worth whatever people are willing to pay for it at the end of the day.
Generally though if the tank is in awesome condition and somebody is familiar with the hydro process they will take whatever an in hydro tank goes for and knock off $20-30 to compensate for the hydro. Sometimes not. People can ask for whatever they want at the end of the day.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:08 PM #6
Open_Truth (Banned)

Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by monty97 View Post
Most people think because they spent $150+ on a tank new 5 years ago its still worth half that. Personally I wouldn't pay more than $40 for an out of hydro tank. Those that are asking $70-$100 for an out of hydro tank are completely ignorant to the value of equipment.
Let's take a 68/4500 tank for an example. New, they are selling for around $150-$160. Tanks in hydro sell for around $100. Generally, they have a fresh hydro, or are only a year or so since they were hydrotested. Now, depending upon how much hydrotesting costs in your area, whether by paintball shop or the place that actually does the hydrotesting itself, one can reasonable expect to drop the price by the cost of hydrotesting, and then maybe $10 or so. So it isn't out of hand to see an out of hydro 68/4500 tank selling for $60-$70. One can apply that same logic to other sizes and pressures of tanks as well.
Open_Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:23 PM #7
Eastter
📷📷

Eastter is playing at Living Legends VI
To be honest, a tank should be the one thing you buy new. People could tamper with them. You never know.

PM me or check out http://www.phpirates.com

Tampa Bay Area
Eastter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:42 PM #8
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

I never buy new tanks... the risk is low of them failing hydro and then I can put a ninja pro on it. I use a 56/45 empire tank with a ninja pro and love that set up.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:07 PM #9
Open_Truth (Banned)

Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastter View Post
To be honest, a tank should be the one thing you buy new. People could tamper with them. You never know.
LOL, people can tamper with masks, markers, and so on. Does that happen? I have yet to hear of someone posting in the Theft forum that they bought something that was blatantly tampered with make it unsafe. I have seem people that have neglected stuff, and there was some issue of safety, that was easily remedied.
Open_Truth is offline   Reply With Quote