Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-10-2013, 08:10 PM #1
PurdueGK

used clone vx or new drone dx?

Getting back into paintball and i am all about macdev markers. I had a a droid last time i played and that thing shot awesome. Which one should i go with? Can get the clone for a little more used. But nothing beats getting a new gun. What do u guys think?
PurdueGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2013, 08:15 PM #2
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

Clone.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:19 PM #3
PurdueGK

Thanks for your reply. What is the major difference between the two besides the e lack of milling and the board?
Old 02-10-2013, 08:34 PM #4
Joe13750

Joe13750 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Joe13750 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Joe13750 is for the Gunfight
Joe13750 is for the Gunfight
The entire drivetrain is different. Clone is far superior marker. You wont be disappointed with clone
#7 ORLANDO
Joe13750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:38 PM #5
PurdueGK

Thanks for the responses. I thought i heard that the clones had issues with chopping paint
Old 02-10-2013, 09:20 PM #6
mass destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueGK View Post
Thanks for the responses. I thought i heard that the clones had issues with chopping paint
The v1 clones had issues with the detentes causing breaks and valve shuttle (iirc) o rings getting shredded. They fixed those isssues on the v2 and vx clones.
mass destruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:25 PM #7
PurdueGK

Cool thanks. I need to save some dough, but do u think I could get a clone vx with tank and hopper for $800?
Old 02-10-2013, 09:52 PM #8
KurtPB
iLurk

Annual Supporting Member
KurtPB is playing at Living Legends VI
KurtPB is playing at Living Legends VII
A VX'd Clone, yes. A Clone VX possibly, there's one for sale right now at $650, but you'll be harder pressed to find that kind of deal.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:35 PM #9
PurdueGK

Yeah. I have been half tempted to get another droid. But the clone looks a lot more easy to maintain. It was scary seeing how many o-rings were on the droid.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:33 AM #10
blueshifty

There's nothing scary about any of these guns. The big trick, if you even want to call it that, is to run viton or poly orings on the valve. I never chopped with my vx'd clone. Ever. It shot ultra evil with ease and did it gracefully. The droid/clone platform is absolutely fantastic.

The drone is also great in it's own right, but it isn't as smooth or quiet as the clone. In all sincerity, it shoots like a well broken in Geo3.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:55 AM #11
p8ntballfreak5

you can compare the clone and drone like an Ego and Etek. They both shoot very similar (clone and drone). The drone and has plastic parts (frame, eye covers, feedneck, ASA Knob). The Clone is all Aluminum. The Clone is more superior. I currently own a Clone VX and I owned a Drone for a week. I didn't like the Drone cause it felt cheap in my hands.

I hope this helps you.

YES, I DURACOAT GUNS...COME SEE THE PICTURES

HIT ME UP ON FACEBOOK
p8ntballfreak5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:36 AM #12
PurdueGK

Thanks for the replies guys. Well i am convinced now that the clone is my top choice. I will be looking for a setup here in a month or two. Paintball freak. I saw your clone for sale. Really nice gun. If you still have it a month, could u pm me your lowest price for tge gune empire loader and tank in your video?
Old 02-11-2013, 10:47 AM #13
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballfreak5 View Post
you can compare the clone and drone like an Ego and Etek. They both shoot very similar (clone and drone). The drone and has plastic parts (frame, eye covers, feedneck, ASA Knob). The Clone is all Aluminum. The Clone is more superior. I currently own a Clone VX and I owned a Drone for a week. I didn't like the Drone cause it felt cheap in my hands.

I hope this helps you.
Not entirely true. Yes the drone is macdev's mid level marker but the clone is a balanced spool, the drone is unbalanced (like a geo) so the entire drive is different. All parts on the gun are metal as well, except the eye covers. The feedneck, frame, and asa knob are not plastic at all. The drone will be a little louder and a little rougher than the clone but I would base that more on the style of drive than anything esle. Both use the same reg system and the drone is clone-able meaning the board and grips are drop in upgrades. The clone is superior yes but the drone is one hell of a marker!
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:41 PM #14
C-Kidder
I Kill for iK

Annual Supporting Member
C-Kidder owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
C-Kidder owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
C-Kidder supports Team VICIOUS
C-Kidder supports Team VICIOUS
C-Kidder supports DLX Technology
C-Kidder owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I currently own 2 vx's and Im getting a 3rd in about a week. Price is way down on all markers right now. Clone Vx's are going for about $600 right now. Less if you find somebody that wants to get rid of it.

That being said there is nothing wrong with either marker both are great and the clone VX is one of my personal favorite shooting markers. It feels completely different in the hands then any other marker I've shot. My only personal problem with any macdev marker is the trigger, But that's a 30 dollar upgrade and is a easy fix.

I am a Canadian but I ship from Washington USA

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...239&highlight= OLD Feedback +2 -0
C-Kidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:59 PM #15
p8ntballfreak5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippin35 View Post
Not entirely true. Yes the drone is macdev's mid level marker but the clone is a balanced spool, the drone is unbalanced (like a geo) so the entire drive is different. All parts on the gun are metal as well, except the eye covers. The feedneck, frame, and asa knob are not plastic at all. The drone will be a little louder and a little rougher than the clone but I would base that more on the style of drive than anything esle. Both use the same reg system and the drone is clone-able meaning the board and grips are drop in upgrades. The clone is superior yes but the drone is one hell of a marker!

you are right. i was thinking of the Etha. the frame is not plastic. But the other parts I mentioned were accurate from the Drone I got the from a trade.

thanks bro

YES, I DURACOAT GUNS...COME SEE THE PICTURES

HIT ME UP ON FACEBOOK
p8ntballfreak5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:06 PM #16
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
you are right. i was thinking of the Etha. the frame is not plastic. But the other parts I mentioned were accurate from the Drone I got the from a trade.

thanks bro
You got a drone with a plastic feedneck and asa knob? Since they are not sold with them I would hold that irrelevant in this conversation. Stock pieces are metal so unless otherwise noted, all parts except the eye covers will be metal when you get one.
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:52 AM #17
KryptonicsPB
Fur Sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballfreak5

I hope this helps you.
Macdev doesn't even make a plastic frame, feedneck, or Asa knob. The eye covers are a high density plastic that damn near passes for metal, and that is it.

You shouldn't fill the macdev section with this crap. Reported

Last edited by KryptonicsPB : 02-12-2013 at 04:59 AM.
KryptonicsPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:49 AM #18
blueshifty

Quote:

thanks bro
I somehow think you're still confusing the drone for something else (that sounds like a proto rail). As people have said the eye covers are all that are plastic and everything else is metal externally.