Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-11-2013, 08:32 AM #22
parkrats
I am a master trickster.

Usually I listen to music through my 2 channel Logitech system with a 200 watt sub most of the time. They're cheaper now than when I got it but it's a damn good system for $150.

Just checked and I thought I had more, but the only FLACs I have are Jimi Hendrix Experience, Graham Bond Organizations 'The Sound of '65' album which is quite the gem, and Russian Circles 'Empros' and the songs are ~50 MB each on that one.

I would be more willing download FLAC files if I wasn't limited to my 120 GB SSD in my MBA but I couldn't afford to increase the size of my music files like that. I should probably set it up to where my library runs from my external HD like I used to have it on my Dell so I don't have to worry about it anymore, going to do that today now actually.

Last edited by parkrats : 02-11-2013 at 08:35 AM.
parkrats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2013, 08:18 PM #23
Necropolis
yeah uh no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Karl View Post
This was posted a very, very long time ago.
indeed. i have seen on this site at least five times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evac. View Post
okay, how did you even find this
Old 02-11-2013, 11:07 PM #24
~Turtle Bus~ (Banned)
I am ALLCAPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkrats View Post
Usually I listen to music through my 2 channel Logitech system with a 200 watt sub most of the time. They're cheaper now than when I got it but it's a damn good system for $150.

Just checked and I thought I had more, but the only FLACs I have are Jimi Hendrix Experience, Graham Bond Organizations 'The Sound of '65' album which is quite the gem, and Russian Circles 'Empros' and the songs are ~50 MB each on that one.

I would be more willing download FLAC files if I wasn't limited to my 120 GB SSD in my MBA but I couldn't afford to increase the size of my music files like that. I should probably set it up to where my library runs from my external HD like I used to have it on my Dell so I don't have to worry about it anymore, going to do that today now actually.
FLAC files are such great quality though. First album I ever heard on Flac was One Day as A lion's album (Has Zack De La Rocha from Rage Against, and some dude from NIN in it). Anyways, the bad thing about FLACs is that most mp3 players (iPods n ****) don't support em, but I read about a new(er) mp3 player today in a magazine while at the doctors office, that supports FLAC and other loss-less formats. They are apparently the audiophile version of an MP3 player. Not too pricey other, I'll try and look for a link and post it.

This guy: http://www.reghardware.com/2012/02/0...cket_hi_fi_c4/ I don't know how good the thing is, just something I read. I got out of my audiophile days about a year ago, but it may be a worthwhile buy.

Last edited by ~Turtle Bus~ : 02-11-2013 at 11:10 PM.
~Turtle Bus~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:19 PM #25
parkrats
I am a master trickster.

I could never justify that, portable/desk amps and such are so god damn expensive. It's cool as hell though and I would use the hell out of one if I was given it as a gift or some ****.

There's a type of file as you mentioned called, Apple Lossless (.m4a) that allows iTunes and iPods to support lossless quality. You can get a program to do it for free instead of spending a grand on new hardware and just utilize your computers capability to create compatibility with the player you already have.

parkrats is offline   Reply With Quote