PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-10-2013, 10:49 PM #1
Djzapz
Aristocratic Nonchalance

Beat up 2k2 Lasoya. What to do with it?

*Not everything is pictured

First things first, I'm from Canada which causes some complications, and shipping is more expensive which makes parting a pain... I got this gun a while ago for pretty cheap and it has always had its issues, but it also has always been able to shoot. I eventually stopped using it mostly because the electronics never worked well. I would like advice - should I sell the gun, making it clear that it has many issues, or should I go ahead and sell the functional parts?

Piece by piece:
1- Body: There is a lot of cosmetic damage, the feedneck seems to have been glued in place with this ugly black stuff which is solid enough that it almost seems like it was welded on. Not sure what the hell that is. Some modification was made to the threads for the front grip screw, as you can tell from the picture. Something was welded or glued on top of where the hole used to be, a new screw goes there. I think it prevents a leak.
2- I don't have a barrel for it except a green CP thingy which needless to say does not match the timmy's color theme.
3- Grip frame: The thing is an unsellable disaster. Bunch of "custom made" holes, original threads for grips are destroyed.
4- Some CP ASA
5- Torpedo Reg: I believe it's fine
6- LPR and the block its attached to, plus the poppit: it's all good.
7- Ram: It's some aftermarket thing I believe. I also have the stock ram.
8- The trigger looks pretty.

9- The WAS equalizer 2.7 board works enough that the gun shoots BUT: the 12 point harness has a broken wire for the membrane pads. As such, I don't know if the membranes pad work
10- The eyes don't work - not sure why. Maybe they're not activated, maybe it has to do with the fact that it's 2 different types of eyes...
11- The LCD screen works.
12- The solenoid works but curiously one of the tubing and barb on one side is high airflow and the tubing and barbs on the other side is the smaller, stock tubing. Not sure if this has any incidence on performance. I may have some more barbs and a little tubing laying around somewhere.
Note: All o-rings are old, but there are no leaks and the gun shoots.

At first I wanted to repair it because if I could get the electronics in order, I would put up with the fact that it's a mess physically. Unfortunately, the 12 point harness seems to be $15+, the eyes would be another 15 or so, and then there's a chance that the membrane pads don't work. It's not a lot of money but I'd feel bad spending cash on that... Advice on pricing (or perhaps other alternatives?) would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Last edited by Djzapz : 02-10-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Djzapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:12 AM #2
shokertm

shokertm owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
shokertm supports Team VICIOUS
shokertm has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
shokertm supports DLX Technology
That "ugly black stuff" On the feedneck is Jb weld, and If you could get it off by yourself without breaking something your the strongest man I've ever met.

And with all you described me, It could be a good project marker.. But It's doubtfull you'd get more than 100 for it because all the foreseeable issues.
Honestly, If you know a guy at your field I would suggest letting it go to him for fairly cheap.

GEARBAG SALE EVERYTHING PRICED TO SELL

Last edited by shokertm : 02-11-2013 at 10:15 AM.
shokertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:42 PM #3
Mtaulbee73

Could post to sell cheap
Mtaulbee73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:18 PM #4
Vegard
LOST

Vegard is a Supporting Member
Vegard is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Vegard is Boss
I doubt that's even a hundred with those issues.. I would just keep it and try to make it work properly, between time to part out and going to the post office to ship there's little to be made..

Feedback-Feedback-Feedback
I'm from Norway and I smell like a Polar Bear
-growing older is mandatory – growing up is optional-

WTB 2k2 Dragon Intimidator WTB
Vegard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:45 PM #5
Djzapz
Aristocratic Nonchalance

Making it work properly is at least $15 for the 12 point harness which is madness, probably $20 for a new pair of eyes, and most likely $20+ for a new membrane pad, not to mention the shipping for all those things which could be $5+ each... I'm looking at up to $60 to fix a gun which, even fixed, probably is worth $125-150 on a good day...

If I can pull it off for cheaper, I'm interested in hearing about it x_x
Old 02-12-2013, 05:54 AM #6
Vegard
LOST

Vegard is a Supporting Member
Vegard is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Vegard is Boss
Sounds like you are dead set on selling, I can only say good luck because the value to time spent shipping ratio isn't looking good.

Feedback-Feedback-Feedback
I'm from Norway and I smell like a Polar Bear
-growing older is mandatory – growing up is optional-

WTB 2k2 Dragon Intimidator WTB
Vegard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:33 AM #7
Djzapz
Aristocratic Nonchalance

Yeah... =_=.

Well thank you!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:17 AM #8
xOakley
* NITRO *

Annual Supporting Member
xOakley plays in the APPA D4 division
xOakley has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
xOakley is attending Decay of Nations VII
xOakley supports DLX Technology
Definetly keep it. Just take your time and buy the parts you need as you find killer deals on them. Check the bst often. Sounds like your best bet will be finding someone who's doing a masive Timmy part out lot. That way you can buy all 3 items and only pay shipping once. You should also get all 3 of those for half of what your thinking you need to spend. Another option would be to 2k5 it. You have to replace all those parts you mentioned anyways when you 2k5 it however you'll be spending a lot more for the rest.

WTB: Shocker Clear Can
xOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:43 AM #9
Djzapz
Aristocratic Nonchalance

I'm more of a spoolies/DM guy and I have no idea what I'd need to 2k5 a 2k2, I didn't even know people did that! That said if I do decide to repair this gun I'll most likely go ahead and do it on the cheap, and I figure going 2k5 requires a new body and grip and everything - that's definitely a $100+ job. Small project at most for now =P