PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-10-2013, 06:41 PM #1
Math Test
Yessir

First Tournament

Okay so to start it off me and a two other people are gonna give a shot at a 3v3 tournament in two months. Me and the two other players have no prior tourny experience. We have the gear, a hookup on paint, and since theres only 3 of us it's pretty easy to keep organized. However as I stated before, none of us have ever played in a tourny, that leaves me with some questions.

1. Since we have two months until the tournament, what drills should be run? (Or anything to get us preped for the tournament)

2. How much paint do you reccomend? (I've seen the previous 3v3 discussion and some people reccomended 15 cases or more, how much should we honestly buy?)

3. In general how to prepare for the first tournament? (I have read the thread about it but any tips he left out?)

Thanks for the help guys.
Math Test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2013, 06:49 PM #2
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports DLX Technology
1. Drills - Basics. Snap shooting, sliding/diving, playing tight, switching hands, COMMUNICATION (can not stress that enough), laning, gunfights, etc. Plenty of videos on youtube to watch. I highly recommend watching Dynasty Dissected.

2. Paint - Depends on how much you shoot, how many games you win, the format, etc. You're probably going to use at least 10 cases.

3. Preparation - Bring extra batteries, microfiber rags, drinks, snacks, pods, etc. I'd invest in something called a pod rocket, that fills pods superfast. When you guys start playing a lot, buy pods in bulk and run team pods. Put them all in a couple of pod bags, and fill that way. Also, pulling paint will save you a lot of money. Run a tab.
dps093 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:44 PM #3
liquidfiretibby

Annual Supporting Member
liquidfiretibby is BST Legit
liquidfiretibby plays in the PSP
liquidfiretibby owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
liquidfiretibby posts videos on PbNation
liquidfiretibby plays in the APPA D4 division
liquidfiretibby has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
you said you have a hookup on paint. make sure the event isnt FPO, cuz most tournys are. also, ive seen people sayin 10-15 cases for a 3 man. i will tell you from recent experience that is NOT needed. I played in (4) 3man events last year. it was everyones first time playing tournys. Most events we only used a case each. I'd recommend starting with 5 cases. Since its most likely event paint only, you can buy more if needed. sometimes you can sell extra paint to other teams if you dont make finals. or buy off teams if you do. But it really sux bringing 5+ cases of paint home from an event!

United
liquidfiretibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:14 PM #4
super_stanchy
the man with no plan

Annual Supporting Member
super_stanchy works for a Paintball manufacturer
super_stanchy plays in the PSP
super_stanchy supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidfiretibby View Post
you said you have a hookup on paint. make sure the event isnt FPO, cuz most tournys are. also, ive seen people sayin 10-15 cases for a 3 man. i will tell you from recent experience that is NOT needed. I played in (4) 3man events last year. it was everyones first time playing tournys. Most events we only used a case each. I'd recommend starting with 5 cases. Since its most likely event paint only, you can buy more if needed. sometimes you can sell extra paint to other teams if you dont make finals. or buy off teams if you do. But it really sux bringing 5+ cases of paint home from an event!
case to case and a half each should be good for 8-10 games, pretty easily

we normally buy 5 at the start of the day, then buy more as the day goes on, if needed
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:43 PM #5
Math Test
Yessir

Thanks for the help guys really appreciate it. Also the tournament allows you to bring your own paint, so we're planning on bringing Ultra Evil.
Math Test is offline   Reply With Quote