PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-06-2013, 02:18 PM #43
Word?
I'll get you, *****.

Word? is a Supporting Member
Tom Kaye suggested that the reason paint had such an inconsistent and short flight was because of the bubble inside the paint. The idea was, the bubble caused an imbalance which is bad enough for aerodynamics, but because the bubble was stationary no matter how fast the paintball rotated it was even worse.

This theory came about when he was working on rifling and the like for the US military. He says that he could never find a way around the problem.

I wish I had the resources to make paint, because I have an idea based on his theory.

Oh well, maybe one day.

LOLWUT

Last edited by Word? : 02-06-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Word? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:44 PM #44
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
Not sure if this has been brought up already, but there's someone over here trying to put a tactical HUD in a Profiler. I think that's a huge step in the right direction.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:50 PM #45
ELuSiVe1151

has been a member for 10 years
ELuSiVe1151 is an NCPA player
ELuSiVe1151 plays in the APPA D5 division
Why cant they just make paintball masks who's lenses encompass the whole face? Like the breathing masks in Avatar.

Letting people see the player's faces would allow for a better psychological or emotional connection to the players by the fans. It would look less like Predator and more like a sporting event.
The Grind Continues!!!
Empossible Sports - Jim Pica Foto - Meadowlands PB
ELuSiVe1151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:28 PM #46
disco_n8

SplatMasters

I'd have to say SplatMasters
disco_n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:22 AM #47
They Call Me Rain
Aaron

Annual Supporting Member
They Call Me Rain owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
They Call Me Rain supports Team VICIOUS
They Call Me Rain is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
They Call Me Rain is Legendary
They Call Me Rain is Boss
They Call Me Rain supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJefe13 View Post
Not sure if this has been brought up already, but there's someone over here trying to put a tactical HUD in a Profiler. I think that's a huge step in the right direction.
The US Army and private companies are trying to develop this, and perfect it right now. Not only is it incredibly expensive, how are we supposed to use this technology if the government is having trouble completely, and flawlessly creating it lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELuSiVe1151 View Post
Why cant they just make paintball masks who's lenses encompass the whole face? Like the breathing masks in Avatar.

Letting people see the player's faces would allow for a better psychological or emotional connection to the players by the fans. It would look less like Predator and more like a sporting event.
Because no one wants to carry an oxygen tank on their back? As of right now, one of the biggest things with paintball technology in masks is creating a mask that boasts high protection while allowing the player to breath efficiently. I personally like my E-flex, but after a while you can't get enough oxygen, you know? Still short on breath
They Call Me Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:57 AM #48
Chrismeisterpmc
C-Nasty

Chrismeisterpmc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Chrismeisterpmc plays in the APPA D4 division
New technologies should be:
-No need for Compressed Air or Co2
-Paintball needs to have a deadbox like hockey does or a bench and when you get shot and the paintball busts you instantly teleport to the dead box so there's none of this "Trading" and "I shot him first" and you really wouldn't need much reffing.
-And a HUD telling how many of your teammates are alive or dead and a small layout of the field
-OLED screen on your hopper counting how much paintballs you have left, and when your empty it says Reload Reload Reload like on Time Crisis.

Tell me how awesome that would be?
Chris Hale #19

Last edited by Chrismeisterpmc : 02-07-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Chrismeisterpmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:17 AM #49
liquidfiretibby

Annual Supporting Member
liquidfiretibby is BST Legit
liquidfiretibby owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
liquidfiretibby owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
liquidfiretibby posts videos on PbNation
liquidfiretibby plays in the APPA D4 division
liquidfiretibby has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
all i want is a more efficient marker that weighs under 2 lbs and more consistent/accurate paint at a good price point.

enough with all these ideas that arent even humanly possible (teleporting paint and ppl) and with the HUDS - this isnt COD or HALO or any other video game. part of the game is communication and field knowledge. give ppl HUDs with mini maps and G-counts, and it takes away a skill factor. Maybe in scenarios, maybe, but def NO HUDS IN SPEEDBALL

United - OXCC - Royalty Paintball
liquidfiretibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:47 AM #50
Chrismeisterpmc
C-Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidfiretibby
all i want is a more efficient marker that weighs under 2 lbs and more consistent/accurate paint at a good price point.

enough with all these ideas that arent even humanly possible (teleporting paint and ppl) and with the HUDS - this isnt COD or HALO or any other video game. part of the game is communication and field knowledge. give ppl HUDs with mini maps and G-counts, and it takes away a skill factor. Maybe in scenarios, maybe, but def NO HUDS IN SPEEDBALL
If you can't handle a 2lb paintball gun then you need to hit the gym. And how would that take any skill out? It takes skill yelling? No. I didn't say G-count only team count.
Chris Hale #19
Old 02-07-2013, 02:10 PM #51
ELuSiVe1151

it wouldn't be terribly unfair to have a HUD for at least a game timer and a penalty clock. maybe later on they can connect it to the stats tower who can send you an elimination or penalty notice. bam, no more playing on. mostly.
The Grind Continues!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 02:40 PM #52
Chrismeisterpmc
C-Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELuSiVe1151
it wouldn't be terribly unfair to have a HUD for at least a game timer and a penalty clock. maybe later on they can connect it to the stats tower who can send you an elimination or penalty notice. bam, no more playing on. mostly.
That would be pretty cool
Chris Hale #19
Old 02-08-2013, 06:18 AM #53
They Call Me Rain
Aaron

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrismeisterpmc View Post
New technologies should be:
-No need for Compressed Air or Co2
-Paintball needs to have a deadbox like hockey does or a bench and when you get shot and the paintball busts you instantly teleport to the dead box so there's none of this "Trading" and "I shot him first" and you really wouldn't need much reffing.
-And a HUD telling how many of your teammates are alive or dead and a small layout of the field
-OLED screen on your hopper counting how much paintballs you have left, and when your empty it says Reload Reload Reload like on Time Crisis.

Tell me how awesome that would be?
It would be ****ing stupid. If you can't play paintball effectively and not know how much paint is in your hopper, you need more practice. No air or co2? Great idea lets use rough springs to break balls great idea!!1 Oh and your grammar sucks pay for more school and less paintball.

All of your ideas suck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidfiretibby View Post

Big dot here.
Again, we're ****ing paintball players. If you need an HUD to display opponents you can't play for ****. Do you think that the SEALs need Land Warrior to survive? He'll ****ing no. They still **** **** up without it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrismeisterpmc View Post

If you can't handle a 2lb paintball gun then you need to hit the gym. And how would that take any skill out? It takes skill yelling? No. I didn't say G-count only team count.
Just shut the **** up lol.
A lighter marker that's more accurate/efficient will always compete with other markers. I'm sorry you love your modded out 10lb. A5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELuSiVe1151 View Post
If you can't look at the clock then you're incompetent and I feel bad for you.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:26 AM #54
ELuSiVe1151

Quote:
Originally Posted by They Call Me Rain View Post
It would be ****ing stupid. If you can't play paintball effectively and not know how much paint is in your hopper, you need more practice. No air or co2? Great idea lets use rough springs to break balls great idea!!1 Oh and your grammar sucks pay for more school and less paintball.

All of your ideas suck.

Big dot here.
Again, we're ****ing paintball players. If you need an HUD to display opponents you can't play for ****. Do you think that the SEALs need Land Warrior to survive? He'll ****ing no. They still **** **** up without it.

A lighter marker that's more accurate/efficient will always compete with other markers. I'm sorry you love your modded out 10lb. A5.

and the award for most hateful post in the entire thread goes to.....
The Grind Continues!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:08 AM #55
Chrismeisterpmc
C-Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by They Call Me Rain

All of your ideas suck.

Big dot here.

Cool story bro.
Chris Hale #19
Old 02-08-2013, 10:53 AM #56
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:

All of your ideas suck.

Big dot here.

Is that time of month already?

Why are you so afraid of change? Playing paintball without a CO2 or HPA tank yet maintaining performance would open up a ton of possibilities, for both scenario and tourneys.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:00 AM #57
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
The US Army and private companies are trying to develop this, and perfect it right now. Not only is it incredibly expensive, how are we supposed to use this technology if the government is having trouble completely, and flawlessly creating it lol.
:
The difference is a HUD for the military has to be a lot more advanced than for a paintballer. It has to be more shock resistant, keep track of a lot more things, and send it back hundreds of miles to HQ. A tourney HUD would need what, a game timer? Maybe a kill count? Or that elimination thing somebody suggested? It could flash your entire mask red (so you can't see out of it) til a red turns it off when he sees you raise your hand? They're not nearly as complicated.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:01 PM #58
ELuSiVe1151

^ pretty much what we're suggesting.
The Grind Continues!!!

Last edited by ELuSiVe1151 : 02-08-2013 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:06 PM #59
xXhunter47Xx

xXhunter47Xx has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xXhunter47Xx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Wow this got off-topic fast.

J4 Paintball. Stack-Tube spool.
Enough said.
xXhunter47Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:38 AM #60
Bump_Pitch

Bump_Pitch owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

Why are you so afraid of change? Playing paintball without a CO2 or HPA tank yet maintaining performance would open up a ton of possibilities, for both scenario and tourneys.
I wonder how I would hold a marker without a tank
Bump_Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:21 AM #61
They Call Me Rain
Aaron

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:

Afraid of change? Wouldn't we have done these things already if we COULD?
Quote:

The difference is a HUD for the military has to be a lot more advanced than for a paintballer. It has to be more shock resistant, keep track of a lot more things, and send it back hundreds of miles to HQ. A tourney HUD would need what, a game timer? Maybe a kill count? Or that elimination thing somebody suggested? It could flash your entire mask red (so you can't see out of it) til a red turns it off when he sees you raise your hand? They're not nearly as complicated.
I can easily see so many faults with this. How are you supposed to dive, slide and be a human wrecking ball if the HUD isn't shock resistant. Kill count? Who cares?
Old 02-10-2013, 10:20 AM #62
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
Afraid of change? Wouldn't we have done these things already if we COULD?

I can easily see so many faults with this. How are you supposed to dive, slide and be a human wrecking ball if the HUD isn't shock resistant. Kill count? Who cares?
No, I don't think that if we haven't done them yet they're impossible to do. That'd be like saying humans know everything there is to know, and we've hit the pinnacle of paintball. I don't believe that, eventually someone's going to build something better. I'm just putting out ideas/suggestions for what it could be.

And I said military HUD's have to be MORE shock resistant, paintball ones would have to be plenty tough.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:06 PM #63
ELuSiVe1151

So you're telling me that you like shouting "on your hopper! On your hopper!" At the top of your lungs better than the idea of his mask telling him HIT instead?
The Grind Continues!!!