PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-09-2013, 01:27 AM #1
xSHADOWxOPSxSOILDERx
Swagger-Jacking

Proto Matrix 8 Help!

Ok so i just bought a PM8 off my buddy for $150. So I think i got a great deal. I just have a couple ?. My first question is the UL frame has a hairline crack in the back of the grip frame. He said it happened in the first year he got it when he dove into a bunker wrong. So i guess my question is proto/dye selling a replacment frame or is the crack permenent? Next is since i have little $$ invested i was planning on spendin some extra $$ on upgrades to compete with some of my friends newer dm9's would a billy wing bolt be worth the 99.99? Also I already purchased a NIB Dye airport and UL barrel i was wondering if the hyper 3 reg fits on the PM8? Also what else should i be lookin at in the way if eyes or other possible ups.
xSHADOWxOPSxSOILDERx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2013, 04:24 AM #2
MachineGunCrew
Never Say Die

MachineGunCrew plays in the PSP
MachineGunCrew supports Team VICIOUS
MachineGunCrew is Legendary
MachineGunCrew supports DLX Technology
as long as the crack doesn't affect the guns performance you should be ok. It could just be an anno crack.

B-wing bolts are nice. Look for a used one or even have your stock bolt polished.

Hope you bought the NT asa. They are very nice and easy to maintain.

The Hyper 3 you're referring to is the Hyper 4 which is the same but with the smaller threaded top that will fit your PM8.

As for other upgrades. Stock eyes work perfectly fine. Colors are personal preference.

Stock boards work just fine.

The only thing left would be trigger and there are plenty of great ones to pick. I prefer the Dye Ironman Trigger. However others are Violent/Critical/CP.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:18 AM #3
JoshC90

JoshC90 supports Team VICIOUS
Only thing on m8 thats worth changing IMO is the feedneck, i went with CP. Its a solid choice, billy wing bolts only add like a pod or so to efficiency so not worth 100 to me. PM8 gets matrix efficiency, better then most of its brothers though. Already going to shoot butter if you set lpr correct so i saw no reason to change my bolt.

PM8 comes stock with hyper 3 reg, no reason to chance it its a great reg. You can buy the 45degree fitting swivel off ans, with that airport u got it will look similar to geo2.1/ego11 macro setup

Ribbon eyes piss me off so i changed them out for wired UL eyes, but eyes are eyes

Ironman reach trigger is sick, i want one for mine lol

As for the frame ide just shoot the gun man, if it breaks get a new one. There just regular old UL frames on there, not hard to come by

Texas Storm G6R - Ripper Victory - DM9
Support American Made

Last edited by JoshC90 : 02-09-2013 at 07:21 AM.
JoshC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:58 AM #4
Mason74

Mason74 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Mason74 supports Team VICIOUS
Mason74 is for the Gunfight
Mason74 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Nice Grab!

Don't know if u saw it, but I started a thread called pm8 upgrades question here, and we talked about everything u just asked about.

That said, billy wing bolt is not really worth the money from what I gathered, and have seen personally. OLED bd is nice, too. I would get the seventh element pathfinder oled bd for ur gun, new it's about 80 bucks. I have one and love it.

Get the cp feedneck, it's a must. I got the dye UL asa with the 45 deg swivel for my gun and fit it onto the stock reg - if u look at the thread I'm talking about, u will see a pick of the gun there.

Happy hunting bro.

Mason74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:29 PM #5
xSHADOWxOPSxSOILDERx
Swagger-Jacking

^just checked it out thanks!
Old 02-13-2013, 03:23 PM #6
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
The most important feature on the BW bolt is not the efficiency......it's the rubber bolt tip. It's easier on brittle paint and even helps prevent roll back in your ball stack, which all dye guns have due to the open face bolt. Not a big issue unless you play in the cold or with brittle paint.
Again...it's not worth the retail price but if you get a used one cheap enough it's probably more helpful than anything else. That's my opinion.

Maybe an Eigenring if you need more efficiency but there are mixed results on that.

Stock trigger should be fine since most people use ramp, trigger comfort is almost irrelevant. If you play semi.....perhaps an upgrade might make you feel better. I haven't seen a need for an upgraded trigger on any gun in a decade. Set it up so you can shoot effectively with your off hand...and you'll be good to go.

Tool-less clamping feed neck is nice of course.

On/off asa of some type is always nice.

Hmmmmm not sure how serious the broken grip frame really is. If you're concerned with it, you could always press some jb weld into the crack. Just kind of force it in with a scraping device then smooth the outside nicely. That should keep it from getting worse unless you seriously bail on it.

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:19 AM #7
xSHADOWxOPSxSOILDERx
Swagger-Jacking

^ lol not a bad Idea. Although, I was hoping for a solution like " o yea thats a common problem with UL frames, Call Dye and they have replacment UL frames on deck waiting to be shipped to my house" is that too far fetched? I will post pictures tomarrow it's nothing serious just a small hairline stress crack, purely cosmetic it just annoys me and I want it gone... Lol..
Old 02-27-2013, 12:02 AM #8
xSHADOWxOPSxSOILDERx
Swagger-Jacking

sorry for the late response. here is a pic of the crack. hopefully dye sells replacement frames.

Last edited by xSHADOWxOPSxSOILDERx : 02-27-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:40 AM #9
CrazyHarry
Evil Genius

CrazyHarry is playing at Living Legends VII
CrazyHarry has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CrazyHarry has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
CrazyHarry supports Empire
I got a DM/NT feedneck, and I love it. It looks great (I don't think the CP feednecks look good), it's nice and low and snug on my prophecy Z2.

I really like my Virtue OLED board in my PM8. The thing I use the most is the ability to turn off the auto-off shutdown on the board. It sucks walking through the woods and popping out of a bunker just to realize your marker has turned off by itself!

I replaced my eyes with wired eyes, I think they are just stronger, but I would only go that route if your ribbon eyes broke (like mine did).

My favorite trigger is the ironman reach trigger, it really opens up the grip. However, most people tend to like the Critical Trigger for it. I recognize that the Critical Trigger is a better built trigger, but I don't like it's shape.

If you have some cash burning a hole in your pocket, I would pick up all the extra parts that you might need on the field. Get an extra pair of detents (just the, normal, spring ones), pick up an extra eye pipe or two, get a full set of o-rings*, make sure you have a good set of oring picks and some good lube (I prefer Lurker Lube).

*You can get hundreds of each for about $30 from McMaster Carr... or you can get the colored oring set from Dye. I had bad luck with the McMaster Carr orings, I seemed to have a leak that none of the orings I ordered could stop, so I got the Dye colored oring set and it fixed it. At least one person on here has had the exact opposite experience that I had.

Geisterjager CO

Last edited by CrazyHarry : 02-27-2013 at 06:51 AM.
CrazyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:37 AM #10
xSHADOWxOPSxSOILDERx
Swagger-Jacking

http:///Users/Derek/Pictures/iPhoto Library.photolibrary/Previews/2013/02/26/20130226-235652/qG9%r2%pTbOjsma4lR7gGw/IMG_0368.jpg

can't get the photo to work. this is the best I can do hopefully it works for you guys.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:27 PM #11
MstrKey

That's not working either lol.

One correction to my earlier post.......the BW bolt doesn't have a rubber tip. It has a reduced inner diameter I believe. Sorry about that. Still helpful, but not as much as the rubber tip would have been.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:19 PM #12
CrazyHarry
Evil Genius

CrazyHarry is playing at Living Legends VII
CrazyHarry has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CrazyHarry has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
CrazyHarry supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
That's not working either lol.

One correction to my earlier post.......the BW bolt doesn't have a rubber tip. It has a reduced inner diameter I believe. Sorry about that. Still helpful, but not as much as the rubber tip would have been.
You were right the first time... my BW bolt has a rubber tip

Geisterjager CO
CrazyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:15 PM #13
xSHADOWxOPSxSOILDERx
Swagger-Jacking

^ do you have a Pm8 or Dm7-9 tho? otherwise the bolts are different to each model.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:16 PM #14
MstrKey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyHarry View Post
You were right the first time... my BW bolt has a rubber tip
That's what I originally thought but then I googled it and saw pics, it's really just sort of an inner insert. Not quite as good as an entire rubber tip like say the axe......but it still prevents roll back which is helpful, especially with brittle small paint.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:15 PM #15
xSHADOWxOPSxSOILDERx
Swagger-Jacking

hey, sorry if this is a dead thread but I just bought a critical trigger for a the M8 and it does not fit : ( any help?
Old 04-15-2013, 09:16 PM #16
xSHADOWxOPSxSOILDERx
Swagger-Jacking

i bought the M8 UL trigger off critical's website

http://www.criticalpaintball.com/Cri..._dm6ultrig.htm
Old 04-16-2013, 03:06 PM #17
MstrKey

Hmmmmmmm do you have an UL frame? Read the package over and make sure they sent you what you ordered.

Other than that you may have to back out the trip screws and stuff so the trigger will slide in, then adjust them. I see no other reason for it not to fit.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:29 AM #18
xSHADOWxOPSxSOILDERx
Swagger-Jacking

I gave it to my gun tech and he got it to work and installed virtue lazer eyes. thank the lord for those people
Old 04-25-2013, 10:34 AM #19
xSHADOWxOPSxSOILDERx
Swagger-Jacking

O and I called DYE and they sent me a brand new M8 frame un-anodized for $50.00 and got it anodized from 2slow4me here on the nation for $20 shipped there and back solved that cracked frame problem.