Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-09-2013, 11:58 PM #1
mbrianm

Should I build a pump or buy

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but i'm getting back into paintball again after going with a friend today.I used his pump one round and I think I like it more since it seems more efficient with paint and air and seems to make you use different tactics in my opinion.

So im hooked and want to buy a pump. To be honest I want to build a pump it just seems more personal and unique. However, I'd rather have one of the best pumps out their that I can upgrade down the line. I have a $600 dollar budget at the moment and im only focused on a gun not a hopper or tank. My question is should I buy for example a Empire Sniper or build a pump with for example a Karnivor body?

I appreciate any help
mbrianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2013, 07:18 AM #2
Bump_Pitch

Bump_Pitch owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
For 600 you can get a high end pump like a ccm 6.5, but I built my own pump and I only put about 150 into it and i love it more than my friends 6.5
Bump_Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:54 AM #3
painter4life05
cixelsyd

Annual Supporting Member
painter4life05 supports Cereal Killerz 2
painter4life05 donated to help Peyton Trent
I have done both build and buy, personally i like building better because i can build it to me and i learn all of the parts which makes repair easier. For 600 you can get pretty much anything you want. My advise is look through threads and see what you like and go from there.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:53 PM #4
mbrianm

Thanks for the replies, got a good deal on a Empire Sniper i think im going to take. I really do love how the Phantoms looked however, maybe i'll buy one later on.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:34 PM #5
SilentBall55

$600 will get you a very nice CCM or for less the Empire Sniper.

If you build from scratch, it will take time and tuning and will cost just as much.

I built a pump from scratch by half blocking an old Cocker then add all the CCM pump parts. Wasn't cheap either.
SilentBall55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:11 PM #6
MrLittlerSmith
Should Be Doing Homework

MrLittlerSmith has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3905424

The above would be a good thread for you to check out, as it asks something similar. Hope you find your answer!

"Originally posted by DB-1071: "Pump players are the first ones I shoot in open play rec-ball, those guys are sneaky bastards!!!"
MrLittlerSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:08 PM #7
clarkie070988
A traveling man

Annual Supporting Member
clarkie070988 plays in the PSP
clarkie070988 plays in the APPA D4 division
clarkie070988 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
clarkie070988 is Legendary
clarkie070988 is Boss
clarkie070988 supports DLX Technology
You would have a lot of fun building your own pump
LUXE MOB/PUMP OT/Back Players Gang/BST Perfection/World Ballas/Fat Ballers Club
clarkie070988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:53 AM #8
DoubleAgentX44

DoubleAgentX44 is attending Decay of Nations VII
If you decide to build a pump with a $600 budget, I suggest looking for a rare to find autococker body such as a mid block Karni, planet eclipse autococker, or a Jeff Orr limited edition. This way, the resale value of your pump marker will be the same or more of how much you have put into it. Though, the CCM markers holds up to their value well if you decide to buy one.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:04 AM #9
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
The correct answer is "Yes".

But you're going to have to choose for yourself whether you're savvy enough to put one together. We have resources in the stickies to help with that, by the way.

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:19 AM #10
Got_Paint

has been a member for 10 years
I'd buy a mid end used pump and try out some of the different formats. A phantom will shoot and feel different than a sniper (pump autococker) or a Carter or any Sheridan. I loved my Buzzard but man I could never shoot them as well as I could a Sheridan or a Phantom.

Once you've been able to play with the different types you'll have a better idea of what exactly you want out of your pump. At that point you can splurge for all the bells and whistles.

My 2 cents at least.
Got_Paint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:43 PM #11
mbrianm

Thanks for all the advice, I did end up getting a Empire Sniper I wanted a WGP but only if i could get a Karnivor body and I wanted a pump but did want to spend more then $500, so you can see my complications. Also, I really want a CCI Phantom I love how they look but not use to stock class. I like the 10 ball hopper but not the small amount of air. I do know you can convert it to open class but I just got a Empire Sniper from someone on here for 335.Which I think is a good deal since it's in mint condition.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:26 PM #12
tlane77
I like to pump it

tlane77 plays in the APPA D5 division
tlane77 is a top reviewer
tlane77 is Legendary
tlane77 is Boss
Thats the best thing about stock class, you take into account the amount of air and paint you have on you. You play a different style and pick you shots. You end up moving more and, in my opinion, make bigger plays on the field.

I play stock class more than I play with my Sniper. I may take 10 shots a game with my Carter but most of them count.
tlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:39 PM #13
painter4life05
cixelsyd

Annual Supporting Member
painter4life05 supports Cereal Killerz 2
painter4life05 donated to help Peyton Trent
Build it and they will come to the deadbox
Old 02-11-2013, 06:30 PM #14
clarkie070988
A traveling man

Annual Supporting Member