Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2013, 08:22 PM #1
Vrodryda
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Vrodryda owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
G3 out the box problems

I have a brand new one that shot once but never did since. It clicks but won't shoot. When I turn the bottom of my reg counter clockwise to adjust my air flow it's eventually starts to leak but doesn't shoot. It makes the clicking noise with eyes off so I don't kno why it's not shooting, Im so confused
Vrodryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:23 PM #2
Yeti6669
www.YetiPB.com
 
Yeti6669's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Washington DC
Annual Supporting Member
Yeti6669 donated to help Peyton Trent
Yeti6669 posts videos on PbNation
Yeti6669 supports our troops
Yeti6669 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Yeti6669 is a top reviewer
Yeti6669 is Boss
Have you turned up the high pressure regulator per instructions in the manual?
Yeti6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:33 PM #3
Vrodryda
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Vrodryda owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti6669 View Post
Have you turned up the high pressure regulator per instructions in the manual?
The Manuel just says to start with it turned all the way in or clockwise. Then loosen it to the average pressure but it does nothin but eventually leak cuz I keep turnin it counterclockwise
Vrodryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:36 PM #4
CA_Tectonics
 
 
CA_Tectonics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Northern CA
How much did you turn the velocity adjustment screw? Did you pull the trigger to try and shoot every 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn? Did you keep the eyes off while trying to dry-fire?
__________________
Graphite Dangerous Power REV-I
TechT bolt engine, REV-I & Disruptive barrel kits, Prophecy V2 w/ Empire feedgate, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Maroon and Polished Aluminum Dangerous Power Threshold
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:38 PM #5
xmc1146
Portsmouth, Virginia
 
xmc1146's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xmc1146 is for the Gunfight
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrodryda View Post
I have a brand new one that shot once but never did since. It clicks but won't shoot. When I turn the bottom of my reg counter clockwise to adjust my air flow it's eventually starts to leak but doesn't shoot. It makes the clicking noise with eyes off so I don't kno why it's not shooting, Im so confused
did you try a different reg? new pattery? make sure its not over lube? try to take out the bolt and easily air it out to make sure the air is going through the chamber.
xmc1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:44 PM #6
Vrodryda
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Vrodryda owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmc1146 View Post
did you try a different reg? new pattery? make sure its not over lube? try to take out the bolt and easily air it out to make sure the air is going through the chamber.
I relubed it lightly, I tried a ion reg and it didn't work either. And I've tried battery's. I haven't aired I up with out the bolt I'll have to try tht
Vrodryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:45 PM #7
Vrodryda
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Vrodryda owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
How much did you turn the velocity adjustment screw? Did you pull the trigger to try and shoot every 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn? Did you keep the eyes off while trying to dry-fire?
Yea man. It will started to leak but never shoots
Vrodryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:47 PM #8
xmc1146
Portsmouth, Virginia
 
xmc1146's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xmc1146 is for the Gunfight
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrodryda View Post
I relubed it lightly, I tried a ion reg and it didn't work either. And I've tried battery's. I haven't aired I up with out the bolt I'll have to try tht
could be just it needs a new battery or service the noid. worst case scenario is you have to change the noid which by the way is very cheap. but first things first is change the battery if it still doing the same thing service the noid if it still doing the same thing change the noid.
xmc1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:53 PM #9
Vrodryda
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Vrodryda owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmc1146 View Post
could be just it needs a new battery or service the noid. worst case scenario is you have to change the noid which by the way is very cheap. but first things first is change the battery if it still doing the same thing service the noid if it still doing the same thing change the noid.
I've already serviced the noid. It still makes the electronic clicking noise when I pull the trigger though. Would it still make tht noise if the noid was bad? It's a Limited edition if tht makes a diff, they have diff boards
Vrodryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:54 PM #10
GraniteGargoyle
 
 
GraniteGargoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
Yeah noid could still click but piston may not move. Is this a G3 or a G4? Saw you posted in the G4 area as well.
__________________
Need Paintball Stuff? Talk To Yeti6669
GraniteGargoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:59 PM #11
Vrodryda
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Vrodryda owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteGargoyle View Post
Yeah noid could still click but piston may not move. Is this a G3 or a G4? Saw you posted in the G4 area as well.
G3 SE
Vrodryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:10 PM #12
GraniteGargoyle
 
 
GraniteGargoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
Just for a matter of trying everything. Maybe reset the board to factory settings too.
__________________
Need Paintball Stuff? Talk To Yeti6669
GraniteGargoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:12 PM #13
Vrodryda
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Vrodryda owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteGargoyle View Post
Just for a matter of trying everything. Maybe reset the board to factory settings too.
I could figure out how to do tht. I wanted to do tht. The Manuel didn't tell me
Vrodryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:16 PM #14
xmc1146
Portsmouth, Virginia
 
xmc1146's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xmc1146 is for the Gunfight
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
the noid would also click without enough battery power.
xmc1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:28 PM #15
Vrodryda
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Vrodryda owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Well I tried 3 diff battery's all new, and I've serviced the noid. It shot a couple times before I serviced the noid but it wouldn't steady shoot. It would shoot then a shoot a small puff. I serviced the noid and now it wont shoot period. But clicks
Vrodryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:33 PM #17
Darkh2o
DPOTer since 2007
 
Darkh2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bloomington, Ill-a-noiz
Darkh2o plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrodryda View Post
Noid from Dp website is 35$ that's not cheap. Think I could find em cheaper

yeah...$35 isnt very cheap for a solenoid.

http://www.ansgear.com/Planet_Eclips...noidvavgeo.htm


DP noids are probably the least expensive noids out there.
__________________

Dangerous Power O-ring Size Charts provided by CA!
I'm not Old, everyone else is "New".
Darkh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:37 PM #18
Vrodryda
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Vrodryda owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkh2o View Post
yeah...$35 isnt very cheap for a solenoid.

http://www.ansgear.com/Planet_Eclips...noidvavgeo.htm


DP noids are probably the least expensive noids out there.
Well 35$ ain't cheap to spend when I'm not for sure thts the problem. I'd be better of parting the gun instead of putting 35$ into it? And slg noid r 25$ I lik tht price lol
Vrodryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:40 PM #19
xmc1146
Portsmouth, Virginia
 
xmc1146's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xmc1146 is for the Gunfight
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrodryda View Post
Well I tried 3 diff battery's all new, and I've serviced the noid. It shot a couple times before I serviced the noid but it wouldn't steady shoot. It would shoot then a shoot a small puff. I serviced the noid and now it wont shoot period. But clicks
if it puffs then you need to increase the HPR. but be carefull not to over do it because little adjustment will dramatically increase the pressure. keep increasing the pressure till the gun starts to cycle.
xmc1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:49 PM #20
GraniteGargoyle
 
 
GraniteGargoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
Another quick question. I'm not sure if those suffered the same problem as the other G3 but have you looked in the regulator to make sure it's in tact? There's like a little black oring thingie (technical terms here) that sits in the reg seat that used to get crushed by peeps alot. If your reg seat is red, prolly not a problem.
__________________
Need Paintball Stuff? Talk To Yeti6669
GraniteGargoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:50 PM #21
GraniteGargoyle
 
 
GraniteGargoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
And check the shims to make sure they are in right. The Threshy I just got only had 7 of the 8 that are suppose to be in there and those were in the wrong order. Suppose to look like )()()()(
__________________
Need Paintball Stuff? Talk To Yeti6669
GraniteGargoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump