PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-08-2013, 07:50 PM #1
sdc416

sdc416 supports DLX Technology
lube Discharge?

when I shoot my demon, the lube from the bolt comes out the side of the gun where the top and grip frame connect. I separated the top and grip to find lube also on the trigger and close to the board. I unscrewed the solenoid and saw thats where it was coming from. I cleaned it off and put everything back together. Started shooting and it started coming out again, but not as much as before. How do I stop this problem altogether, or should I just send it in for repairs?
sdc416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2013, 08:37 PM #2
z_meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdc416 View Post
when I shoot my demon, the lube from the bolt comes out the side of the gun where the top and grip frame connect. I separated the top and grip to find lube also on the trigger and close to the board. I unscrewed the solenoid and saw thats where it was coming from. I cleaned it off and put everything back together. Started shooting and it started coming out again, but not as much as before. How do I stop this problem altogether, or should I just send it in for repairs?
dude mine does the same thing. also i feel air coming out the side of the gun but only when i shoot it. not sure if this is normal. maybe theats where the air releases from and its shooting out excess lube
z_meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:10 PM #3
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
First of all, it sounds like you guys are using WAY too much lube if it's shooting out the noid.

The noid is supposed to vent air out every time it cycles but that large amount of grease coming out of the noid is going to cause you a problem in the future. It's going to ruin your noid most likely.

Learn how to lube your guns properly and clean out the gunk build up you already have in there.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:48 PM #4
TheMedievalMan

I hate it when I get too much lube discharge... usually she is understanding though, just explain it to her you used too much lube that time, and go light on it for her next time!
Old 02-10-2013, 07:16 PM #5
z_meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
First of all, it sounds like you guys are using WAY too much lube if it's shooting out the noid.

The noid is supposed to vent air out every time it cycles but that large amount of grease coming out of the noid is going to cause you a problem in the future. It's going to ruin your noid most likely.

Learn how to lube your guns properly and clean out the gunk build up you already have in there.
oh really cause my gun is factory lubed. I opened the box. aired it up and shot it. problem started right away
z_meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:28 PM #6
Reaper (ACI)
We're Weird

Reaper (ACI) works for a Paintball manufacturer
Reaper (ACI) donated to help Peyton Trent
Reaper (ACI) is for the Gunfight
Reaper (ACI) is for the Gunfight
The 2013 needs a liberal amount of lube. So, lube discharging through the manifold is completely normal and will not damage your solenoid. Just clean out the manifold every once in a while and it should at least slow down.

The puff when you pull the trigger is the solenoid venting and is also completely normal in all spool valve markers.
www.deadboxsports.com

I have LEGO Paintballer Mini Figs
Reaper (ACI) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:55 AM #7
ElCoronel

ElCoronel is for the Gunfight
ElCoronel is for the Gunfight
ElCoronel plays in the APPA D4 division
Interesting...

2012 needs light about of lube
2013 needs generous amount of lube

I know that the QEV is a factor but what else changed that?
ElCoronel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:52 PM #8
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
goo shooter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCoronel View Post
Interesting...

2012 needs light about of lube
2013 needs generous amount of lube

I know that the QEV is a factor but what else changed that?
For sure, sounds strange. Of course I don't have one to play around with so who knows. I've never see any other gun shooting grease out the noid in that amount. If it needs that much lube........maybe something a bit tackier may be in order?

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote