ikilledkenny is a Supporting Member
ikilledkenny donated to help Peyton Trent
ikilledkenny has achieved Level 7 in PbNation Pursuit
ikilledkenny is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
ikilledkenny is Legendary
ikilledkenny is Boss
ikilledkenny is Immortal
it does seem nuts, but, tbh, id do it.

Bam, one of my summer "goals" is to land a shark in the kayak. im not talking no Jaws or anything, but something that can take me for a nice ride, and put up a nice fight
R.I.P Harbinger[TG] 12/16/02 - 4/18/08 (permed)
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2013, 08:51 PM #653
ikilledkenny
Noob forum OT OG

Annual Supporting Member
ikilledkenny is Boss
ikilledkenny is Immortal
woo!

(hummingbird 190c)

As he said, brand new. Only used thing is the CrateMate, which is pretty sweet. in all, for $1350 i got
2009 outback, Hummingbird 190c fishfinder(installed), 2 scotty mounts and rod holders, anchor trolly, anchor, LED light for at night, orange signal flag, Upgraded sailing rudder, Hobie Yak cart, extra hobie tackle bin with about $60 worth of rigs, jigs and lures, Hobie Dry bag, Paddle.

WHERE IS THE WARM WEATHER?!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:56 PM #654
XxPatrickxX
Ladie Killer

Beautiful. I really dig that light pole

DrinkingThread:drank it.
GirlyTHread:"Originally posted by Alicia Sacramone: You guys should see all these good looking whores at my college. Easy targets."
Old 02-06-2013, 10:07 PM #655
midman112
Lawd Oh Lawd

midman112 supports Team VICIOUS
midman112 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
midman112 plays in the APPA D5 division
Dude....that is a ****ing awesome set up. I am officially jelly of a kayak and I own a ****ing boat lol.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:14 AM #656
Imnothungry

damnit i cant see the pics at work and i am not getting 3/4g reception right now!

kenny: what wading boots (assuming you use wading boots) do you use?
Old 02-07-2013, 11:26 AM #657
ikilledkenny
Noob forum OT OG

Annual Supporting Member
ikilledkenny is Boss
ikilledkenny is Immortal
I usually either go barefoot or in a pair of slip on sandels during the summer. Going to look for some watershoes that are ment for kayaking.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:48 AM #658
Imnothungry

yea summer i sandal it up. i need a pair of boots for my new waders though. i don't think sandals will suffice in february water
Old 02-07-2013, 01:00 PM #659
ikilledkenny
Noob forum OT OG

Annual Supporting Member
ikilledkenny is Boss
ikilledkenny is Immortal
If you're just talking wader boots, I have a pair of cabelas brand ones, and a pair of korkers brand ones. Cabelas hold up waaaay better than korkers. Korkers are falling apart. Even after my first season in them, they started to go downhill fast
Old 02-07-2013, 01:18 PM #660
Imnothungry

i was going to get a set of korkers or simms. the korkers were nice because i could swap the soles out from felt to rubber to whatever. i think i am just going to go big and get a pair of simms because i know they will last and i don't have to worry about replacing them anytime soon.

i also read some stuff about korkers (the guide series, i believe) being absolutely terrible from like 2 years ago and the newer models are vastly improved. maybe you just got one of the dumpy years

ill take a look at what cabellas has too. i have a gift card for bass pro so im hoping to find something there
Old 02-07-2013, 01:32 PM #661
midman112
Lawd Oh Lawd

If you are going to be using them a lot go ahead and do yourself a favor and buy a good pair. I have a pair of Simms I wear when I go duck hunting and they're awesome. I think I have had this pair for going on three years now. I also wore the **** out of them last Fall replacing piers while the water was pulled down for Winter pool.

Kenny, that fish finder looks really nice. Is it one of those smaller units that has down scan on it?
Old 02-07-2013, 01:42 PM #662
Imnothungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by midman112 View Post
If you are going to be using them a lot go ahead and do yourself a favor and buy a good pair. I have a pair of Simms I wear when I go duck hunting and they're awesome. I think I have had this pair for going on three years now. I also wore the **** out of them last Fall replacing piers while the water was pulled down for Winter pool.

Kenny, that fish finder looks really nice. Is it one of those smaller units that has down scan on it?
what type of bottom do you usually deal with? i am almost always on something completely rocky or rock/sand mix. i kind of want the option of being able to swap soles out because, frankly, i do not trust rubber souls + cleats on slick rocks (i ate **** and almost had a few nasty fill ups multiple times last year). felt soles might be banned soon too, so i am slightly weary of paying $200 bucks for something i could get a massive fine for in a year or 2.

i am definitely leaning towards simms but im going to ask around if i make it out to the river this week and see what other guys have been using in the area.

Last edited by Imnothungry : 02-07-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:45 PM #663
XxPatrickxX
Ladie Killer

I use wading boots I got at bass pro for 20$ they work great and no slips so far

GirlyTHread:"Originally posted by Alicia Sacramone: You guys should see all these good looking whores at my college. Easy targets."
Old 02-07-2013, 02:48 PM #664
midman112
Lawd Oh Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imnothungry View Post
what type of bottom do you usually deal with? i am almost always on something completely rocky or rock/sand mix. i kind of want the option of being able to swap soles out because, frankly, i do not trust rubber souls + cleats on slick rocks (i ate **** and almost had a few nasty fill ups multiple times last year). felt soles might be banned soon too, so i am slightly weary of paying $200 bucks for something i could get a massive fine for in a year or 2.

i am definitely leaning towards simms but im going to ask around if i make it out to the river this week and see what other guys have been using in the area.
Most of the bottom I deal with is solid rock or a mix of hard rock and gravel.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:37 PM #665
Nah 85
- muted -

Nah 85 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikilledkenny View Post
Bam, one of my summer "goals" is to land a shark in the kayak. im not talking no Jaws or anything, but something that can take me for a nice ride, and put up a nice fight
last summer while vacationing out in the OBX I bought my kayak with me. One week out there caught nothing, I was sad. I asked other fishermen in the area who had just as bad luck as I and people much further down were hitting it big. Tried live bait that crabs would gobble up.

Also led light, waterproof I assume, does the whole set up come with? where can I find?
Old 02-07-2013, 07:28 PM #666
ikilledkenny
Noob forum OT OG

Annual Supporting Member
ikilledkenny is Boss
ikilledkenny is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by midman112 View Post

Mid, i have NO clue about the fish finder. i just plugged it in to the battery to test it. its a Hummingbird 190c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nah 85 View Post
last summer while vacationing out in the OBX I bought my kayak with me. One week out there caught nothing, I was sad. I asked other fishermen in the area who had just as bad luck as I and people much further down were hitting it big. Tried live bait that crabs would gobble up.

Also led light, waterproof I assume, does the whole set up come with? where can I find?
the LED is a custom one from a shop down the shore. but there is a very similar one that sells online. let me find it for you
EDIT: Search "VisiCarbon Pro"

Last edited by ikilledkenny : 02-07-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:42 PM #667
midman112
Lawd Oh Lawd

Got to go do some bass fishing today and ended up doing really well. Got 15 in the boat where other guys I talked to only caught one or two fish the entire day.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:05 PM #668
XxPatrickxX
Ladie Killer

Nice ! What did you use ?

Old 02-08-2013, 07:14 PM #669
midman112
Lawd Oh Lawd

Biggest one of the day came off of a bomber flat A, but the rest came off Texas rigged plastics or a jig.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:09 PM #670
midman112
Lawd Oh Lawd

Got back out there today for a little while before all this ****ty weather came in but today was not as nearly as productive as Friday was for me. Only managed four bass in the 6 hours I was out there. Broke a rod when a 15 pound channel cat swallowed my lizard. If it had been an 8 or 9 pound bass I would not give one iota of a **** but it kind of pisses me off I broke a good rod on a damn catfish! Anyways, I took a couple pictures for you guys of two of the fish and then there are two pictures of one of the creeks I was in that I just thought was a pretty picturesque place to be fishing so I took some pics. Anyways, enjoy guys.

As you can probably guess from the pictures, the sun shine we did have this morning didn't last very long at all. That first picture was taken at a little past 7 with the second fish picture taken at about 10. Got so dark I even ditched my glasses and visor lol.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:26 PM #671
XxPatrickxX
Ladie Killer

Looks like an awesome spot !

Old 02-11-2013, 08:15 AM #672
Imnothungry

oh man i hope my wading boots get here in the next day or 2. it's warmed up a ton and i want to hit the river as soon as the water level drops a little bit.

good thing its flu season, it makes calling in sick a lot more plausible.

edit: oh man i want to do this. i just want to catch a tarpon on the fly but this would be some next level fun stuff.

Last edited by Imnothungry : 02-11-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Closed Thread