Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-07-2013, 12:48 PM #43
Cokrkilr

You MAY see $100? Depends on what someone wants to pay... if it had the complete block or even an upgraded 3 way and lpr on the block and the pump kit I think you'd for sure see $100-$125

Id also put individual parts into account, if you have a $70-$80 reg on it you'd be better off trying to sell them seperate since somebody probably wont buy the gun at a higher price because of one individual piece... make sense?

Edit, also, that mod isn't "rigged forever"..... the front block comes off and costs a whopping 10-15 dollars to replace... it may not be dust blue or whatever color, but its replaceable... just fyi, hell you could even buy a cheaper one that doesn't match the gun and cut that, then build the stock front block with better pneumatics?

Last edited by Cokrkilr : 02-07-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Cokrkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2013, 07:10 PM #44
addicted2dunes

addicted2dunes has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Also, if you buy the better pump kit you can always find a nicer body down the road and swap your parts over. You don't necessarily have to think that "this" marker is not worth it, parts can be swapped around.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:31 AM #45
Dentpusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokrkilr View Post
You MAY see $100? Depends on what someone wants to pay... if it had the complete block or even an upgraded 3 way and lpr on the block and the pump kit I think you'd for sure see $100-$125

Id also put individual parts into account, if you have a $70-$80 reg on it you'd be better off trying to sell them seperate since somebody probably wont buy the gun at a higher price because of one individual piece... make sense?

Edit, also, that mod isn't "rigged forever"..... the front block comes off and costs a whopping 10-15 dollars to replace... it may not be dust blue or whatever color, but its replaceable... just fyi, hell you could even buy a cheaper one that doesn't match the gun and cut that, then build the stock front block with better pneumatics?
Your initial assessment was what I had thought. Putting a 70$ pump kit on a $50 gun won't net me much more that hacking this one up and making it a pump only.

I would be very interested in finding another front block and hacking it if anyone knows were a cheapie is. I'll strip the anno and spray paint it flat black after the hack. Hows that for being cheap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2dunes View Post
Also, if you buy the better pump kit you can always find a nicer body down the road and swap your parts over. You don't necessarily have to think that "this" marker is not worth it, parts can be swapped around.
Great idea but I have a full body pump and am not sure how much this will actually get used. My son expressed some interest in pump so I just wanted two cheapies to figure out if we liked pump action. I would not convert my real Dye mini or any other nice mini to a pump ..... prolly.

Thanks again for all the suggestions. Anyone know were a cheap front block can be found?

Last edited by Dentpusher : 02-08-2013 at 12:35 AM.
Dentpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:39 AM #46
Cokrkilr

Id check ebay or throw out a want ad on here. Just make sure you get a mini block with the hole for asa

Here ya go, $5 shipped

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WGP-Autocock...em2c67a3 ffce

also, to not be completely "hack", if you stripped the anno off the block just use some 2000 grit and mothers mag polish on it and youve got yourself a polished part... Ive stripped and polished my entire mag. My intelliframe/vert asa/gas thru grip/freak back and the front of this PS barrel were all different colors from red and blue to black... they are all polished like a mirror now.

Last edited by Cokrkilr : 02-08-2013 at 12:50 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:55 AM #47
Dentpusher

Quote:
Id check ebay or throw out a want ad on here. Just make sure you get a mini block with the hole for asa

Here ya go, $5 shipped

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WGP-Autocock...em2c67a3 ffce
Thanks much, got it on the way! Yeah it appears to be raw so out comes the buffing wheel! I may just hit it with flat black paint for simplicity, with epoxy primer base.
Thanks for the lead!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:27 PM #48
addicted2dunes

Damn.... I have a ton of front blocks in my sale thread too.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:30 PM #49
addicted2dunes

Where is this DYE mini? You speaking of an Ultralite? What color?
Old 02-08-2013, 01:17 PM #50
Dentpusher

Quote:
Where is this DYE mini? You speaking of an Ultralite? What color?
it's a black blue fade. yes it is and ultra lite. looks just like the lightning. You have a straight pump.rod that will work on a mini frame?

My GEAR Bag sale

TeamChaos99 ripped me and others off! Good guy gone bad!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 01:35 PM #51
addicted2dunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentpusher View Post
it's a black blue fade. yes it is and ultra lite. looks just like the lightning. You have a straight pump.rod that will work on a mini frame?
I can make them......

I love my DYE's:

Old 02-08-2013, 01:47 PM #52
Dentpusher

Mine isn't as nice as those but take

That and like it.

My GEAR Bag sale

TeamChaos99 ripped me and others off! Good guy gone bad!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 03:48 PM #53
addicted2dunes

Quote:
Mine isn't as nice as those but take

That and like it.
The famous missing beavertail...... it's amazing how hard it is to find those things, especially uncut.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:19 PM #54
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

Quote:
Hey, can't tell you guys how much I appreciate all your help!

Let me ask you this. IF I went with the $70 front block replacement pump kit option AND since I don't have the parts for the front block, what would my resale value be, in your opinion?

What I would like to know is the "market" value of a "NICE" pump kit PB vs "Rigged" forever pump only PB(machine off ram mounting perch and add straight rod to the handle I already own and came with gun).

Again, thanks for all your help. I had looked around quite a bit to find a real mini pump kit or double bend mini rod to no avail .
as long as the guns still in good shape, id just charge about what youve got put into it. maybe like $10-$20 less than that if youve used it a couple times/got it dirty/scratched/whatever. if you got the gun for 50 and the pump kit was 70, sell it for $120. thats what its going to cost anyone else to buy them separate themselves anyway if they dont buy it. youd actually be saving them like $20 in shipping costs buy just buying a complete gun from you. its not just going to instantly lose half its value.

you could always put the stock parts back on and sell it complete, then sell the pump kit separately. theres more than 1 kind of mini'd cocker out there.

fyi, those "doube bend" pump arms are for trilogies. they dont have a front block so in order to get the ram mount out of the way requires a dremel. thus the double bends.

i think the trilogy pump arms are also same as full body length, just have the double bends. thats why yours isnt lining up on a mini body plus its front block. looks like all youd need to do is cut and tap the pump arm to the right length. (midblock length might work?) it doesnt have to be perfect, as long as it can screw into the pump handle it'd be fine. far from a hack job imo.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:10 PM #55
Cokrkilr

Unfortunately things don't always work like that though ^^^

You could buy a gun off the shelf, not use it and go try to sell it and not get what you paid for it, and I'm talking average guns at msrp pricing. Not a gun you scored for $25-$30 and sold for xxx markup.

Its like once it touches skin oils it loses 10-15% of its value. Why do you think people with a gun with a lot of add ons usually end up parting it out to get a decent amount back? And usually still don't end up with what they were asking in the first place after shipping and driving parts to a post office etc...

Hardly anything now days is an investment, you don't get back what you pay for hardly ever. And that's in almost all aspects of buying, not just paintball.

My Mag that I built from the ground up has about, $1000 into it, and this was parts prices when a mag came with no barrel or asa for $250... id be lucky to get $250 for it now, it looks and functions better than out of the box, so why can't I sell it like its out of the box new at a grand? Even parted id be lucky to see $300-$400.

Its just how things work, people are looking for a deal everywhere and wont pay for what YOU did...

That's just my view on resale values...

Hell, I couldn't even sell a tank I used 5-6 times with a $45 cover and fill nipple cover for $100 on here, I spent over $220 on it all together and I ended up having to trade it and ADD money for a different tank.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:15 PM #56
Dentpusher

Last edited by Dentpusher : 02-10-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:17 PM #57
Dentpusher

Quote:
The famous missing beavertail...... it's amazing how hard it is to find those things, especially uncut.
What's the beaver tail suppose to look like for this thing? I'm assuming like yours. Whats the view from the top and were there other versions originally? The tail I know is missing and if you ever come across an original Hyper reg for reasonable price...

Last edited by Dentpusher : 02-09-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:19 PM #58
Cokrkilr

Quote:
You are not exactly right. While not an "investment" there is a "market". There is a market for everything, all the time, to be bought cheap and sold for a profit. I've done houses, cars, car stereo now playing around with paintball. The trick is to know what market values are and where they are the best to be bought for cheap THEN the best place to sell at a higher price. The trick is: #1 find a MOTIVATED seller then #2 find a buyer who does not have your resources for finding deals or is a motivated BUYER.

I routinely buy tanks here for $65 or less then sell them local at the field for $75-95 depending on what it is. I also buy out of hydro stuff and take them to get hydroed and net $15-30ish a tank. I have done so many the hydrotester offered me a volume discount so I can almost always lock in a $15-20 margin due to the discount, IF I buy the tank right.

When I played in the mid-90s to early '00s, there was virtually NO used market so you almost HAD to buy new. Now, since the spread of the internet, ebay, PBN etc. there are tons of places to find motivated sellers. The trick is to find a consistent place to find BUYERS who will pay decent market prices on gear. I find it to be beginners/mid-level rec players NOT the Pro-wannabes they have too much experience with finding decent sellers or they are lowballers. Beginner gear is where it is at to me. They appreciate decently priced used gear sold locally. HECK, I get my best profit margin on Spyders of all things. I buy on Craigslist for $25 or less, take them home and clean out all the old garbage, chrono them then sell them for 50ish "guaranteed". A 100% profit with NO worry about getting stuck with a toasted board, bad eyes or leaking $50+ noid.

I buy and sell LOTS of stuff and virtually never lose $. That is my 2cents and why I don't wanna tie up $70-150 on a pump kit for such a cheap gun. This was part of a 4 gun, 3 tank gear bag that I intend to make a profit on.

All of this insight was free to those that helped me and NO ONE ELSE!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not getting rich but it helps pay for paint at least!
I'll be back to take some of this down in a day or two. Thanks again to everyone. PS Still looking for a Mini length straight pump rod.

I get what you are getting at, and you must have missed the point where I said this is buying stuff at msrp pricing. I'm well aware of how to flip stuff as I've done it myself.

Someone said, if you bought the gun for 50, then a pump kit for 70, sell it for 120... well 99.9% of the time, just you owning it means you just lost yourself $10-$15 on the resale...

I was specifically talking about the fact that add ons don't really mean a whole lot unless its completely changing the marker.. and that's why most heavily modded item end up being parted...

I read through your entire post and understood what you were saying, I think my theory is just as logical about trying to resale for your top dollar... because that's what was asked.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:49 PM #59
addicted2dunes

Quote:
What's the beaver tail suppose to look like for this thing? I'm assuming like yours. Whats the view from the top and were there other versions originally? The tail I know is missing and if you ever come across an original Hyper reg for reasonable price...
Yes, both of my DYE's are 100% stock, minus the reg on the Ultralite..... The stock beavertail is what you see on my guns above, yours would just be black. The Hyper I regs are a pain to come by also (on my Creamsicle) but the Hyper II's can still be found occasionally. I just sold a mint black Hyper I too, damn! But, the Hyper regs suck as for performance wise, I just like to keep everything original..... that's why the Ultralite has a MacDev reg on it, I actually play with that gun.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:57 PM #60
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

Quote:
Unfortunately things don't always work like that though ^^^

You could buy a gun off the shelf, not use it and go try to sell it and not get what you paid for it, and I'm talking average guns at msrp pricing. Not a gun you scored for $25-$30 and sold for xxx markup.

Its like once it touches skin oils it loses 10-15% of its value. Why do you think people with a gun with a lot of add ons usually end up parting it out to get a decent amount back? And usually still don't end up with what they were asking in the first place after shipping and driving parts to a post office etc...

Hardly anything now days is an investment, you don't get back what you pay for hardly ever. And that's in almost all aspects of buying, not just paintball.

My Mag that I built from the ground up has about, $1000 into it, and this was parts prices when a mag came with no barrel or asa for $250... id be lucky to get $250 for it now, it looks and functions better than out of the box, so why can't I sell it like its out of the box new at a grand? Even parted id be lucky to see $300-$400.

Its just how things work, people are looking for a deal everywhere and wont pay for what YOU did...

That's just my view on resale values...

Hell, I couldn't even sell a tank I used 5-6 times with a $45 cover and fill nipple cover for $100 on here, I spent over $220 on it all together and I ended up having to trade it and ADD money for a different tank.
ive always been able to sell my cocker parts for more or less what i paid for them. imo, its just a matter of taking good care of it, putting some decent pics in your f/s thread, and not letting people lowball you for it. granted i usually just buy and trade "cheap stuff" like prostocks and a few misc parts. i know what you mean though. i traded an absolutely gorgeous black/olive E2 karnivor + $100 for my rapper.....which were going for like 350-450 at the time....now they're worth like 300-350 and that karni would have easily gotten me $500 now lol. it also seems that a $100 prostock with $200 of CCM stuff on it makes it worth $400+.

Last edited by Rebel_816 : 02-12-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Rebel_816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:49 PM #61
The_Tiger19
El Tigre #19

The_Tiger19 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Anybody know where you can find psychoballistics screw kits, seeing as the threads on bottom of gun are all different?
The_Tiger19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:26 AM #62
ProphetMN
Invert Mini

ProphetMN plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tiger19 View Post
Anybody know where you can find psychoballistics screw kits, seeing as the threads on bottom of gun are all different?
Just go to Menards! And hey I want my body back!
Old 04-13-2013, 01:28 AM #63
The_Tiger19
El Tigre #19

The_Tiger19 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
You're a troll, lol, I'll explain it later
The_Tiger19 is offline   Reply With Quote